Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 15:07   #751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Hi Guys,

From the middle of this month i will be travelling on weekly basis between Mysore to Bangalore and back. Precisely to ITPL in Whitefield.

From Mysore Bangalore SH 17, i will be taking the NICE road till Electronics city. Beyond this i might not sure which is the best route to reach ITPL. Should i take the ORR or SH 35? Need your inputs on deciding the stretch.
BTW, i will be driving a 2005 Esteem.
Any idea about the road conditions of Mysore - Bangalore road via Malavalli (Kanakapura road)? If its in a good condition, you can try the following route.

You'll reach a place called Harohalli at Kanakapura road when coming from Mysore. Take a right at this junction and this road connects to Jigani industrial area. The distance is around 30 km and the road condition was very good (wide too) with few speed brakers when I travelled 6 months back. This route goes inside Bannerghatta National Park and you hardly find any traffic. At Jigani (next to OTIS factory), take a right at the double road which connects to Hosur road at Bommasandra. The distance is around 8 km and the road is in an excellent condition. Take a right at Bommasandra, from where Chandapura junction is just 2 km. Then follow the route suggested by ampere. You need to be very cautious in the first 4 km of Chandapura - Dommasandra road as its narrow with very tight unexpected bends. Its very difficult to judge these bends when driving on that road for the first time.

I suggest this route as its a pain to drive in SH -17 with so much traffic. I feel that there is no difference between ORR and SH-17 these days.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 6th January 2012 at 15:25.
guyfrmblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 15:37   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

From the middle of this month i will be travelling on weekly basis between Mysore to Bangalore and back. Precisely to ITPL in Whitefield.

From Mysore Bangalore SH 17, i will be taking the NICE road till Electronics city. Beyond this i might not sure which is the best route to reach ITPL. Should i take the ORR or SH 35? Need your inputs on deciding the stretch.
BTW, i will be driving a 2005 Esteem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyfrmblr View Post
Any idea about the road conditions of Mysore - Bangalore road via Malavalli (Kanakapura road)? If its in a good condition, you can try the following route.

You'll reach a place called Harohalli at Kanakapura road when coming from Mysore. Take a right at this junction and this road connects to Jigani industrial area. The distance is around 30 km and the road condition was very good (wide too) with few speed brakers when I travelled 6 months back. This route goes inside Bannerghatta National Park and you hardly find any traffic. At Jigani (next to OTIS factory), take a right at the double road which connects to Hosur road at Bommasandra. The distance is around 8 km and the road is in an excellent condition. Take a right at Bommasandra, from where Chandapura junction is just 2 km. Then follow the route suggested by ampere. You need to be very cautious in the first 4 km of Chandapura - Dommasandra road as its narrow with very tight unexpected bends. Its very difficult to judge these bends when driving on that road for the first time.

I suggest this route as its a pain to drive in SH -17 with so much traffic. I feel that there is no difference between ORR and SH-17 these days.
Guyfrmblr has suggested a very good route for you. I will only add one more thing to it. When coming from Mysore on the Bangalore-Mysore expressway (SH17?) reach Bidadi. From Bidadi take a right turn towards the Toyota factory. Once you take that right turn ask anybody for Harohalli. It is a straight road from Bidadi to Harohalli (Kanakapura Road). You will exit on to Kanakapura Road at Harohalli at a four way intersection. On that intersection continue straight and you will get the route given by guyfrmblr. Bidadi to Harohalli road is a narrow single lane road, but it was in excellent condition when i used it about 6 months back and there is no traffic at all. Bidadi to Harohalli will not take more than 20 minutes on this road.

I have mapped this route for easy reference.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bi...2,3,4&t=m&z=12

Another alternate

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Bi...3,4,5&t=m&z=12

Last edited by vikram_d : 6th January 2012 at 16:04.
vikram_d is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 16:06   #753
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the additional info vikram_d.

We can compile the total time from Bidadi to ITPL:

Bidadi to Harohalli : 20 minutes
Harohalli to Jigani : 40 minutes
Jigani to Chandapura : 10 minutes
Chandapura to Dommasandra : 13 minutes (may vary a bit if the railway gate after Chandapura lake is closed but an underpass construction is in progress and is almost completed)
Dommasandra to Varthur : 10 minutes
Varthur to ITPL : depends on traffic (usually it takes around 15 minutes)

In total, one can reach Varthur from Bidadi in around 95 minutes regardless of what time of the day you travel. The timings from Jigani to ITPL are accurate as I travel daily along this stretch. You can easily maintain a safe speed of 65-70 kmph all along this stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
The second map link is the correct route. The first link shows a longer route which adds around 20 km.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 6th January 2012 at 16:26.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 19:31   #754
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the additional info vikram_d.

We can compile the total time from Bidadi to ITPL:

Bidadi to Harohalli : 20 minutes
Harohalli to Jigani : 40 minutes
Jigani to Chandapura : 10 minutes
Chandapura to Dommasandra : 13 minutes (may vary a bit if the railway gate after Chandapura lake is closed but an underpass construction is in progress and is almost completed)
Dommasandra to Varthur : 10 minutes
Varthur to ITPL : depends on traffic (usually it takes around 15 minutes)

In total, one can reach Varthur from Bidadi in around 95 minutes regardless of what time of the day you travel. The timings from Jigani to ITPL are accurate as I travel daily along this stretch. You can easily maintain a safe speed of 65-70 kmph all along this stretch.

The second map link is the correct route. The first link shows a longer route which adds around 20 km.
Thanks a lot vikram, guyfrmblr and ampere.

I am not aware of the current road condition between Mysore to Malavalli. From there on it must be good. Last time i travelled this route about 4 months back, Mysore to Malavalli was not good.
So i guess it would be better to take SH - 17. I will be travelling from Mysore to Bangalore on Monday mornings (6 am) and reverse on Friday evenings.

After comparing the available routes, i have the following details

1. Ampere's route is 190 Kms
link

2. guyfrmblr's route is 199 kms
link

Questions:
  1. Pardon my ignorance, what about Hosa Road from Electronics city and then ORR? Is it worth it
  2. What will be time approx time required in each of these routes?

BTW, any of you guys work in ITPL?
Old 6th January 2012, 19:52   #755
Senior - BHPian

ORR is complete chaos these days with all flyover construction. Avoiding it would be best.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:53   #756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[*]Pardon my ignorance, what about Hosa Road from Electronics city and then ORR? Is it worth it[*]What will be time approx time required in each of these routes?[/list]
Hosa road is full of bumps and single lane. It will take 10-15 mins to reach Total mall from Hosa Road Jn.
Total Mall- Sarjapur Road-Karamelaram Railway station (Left before railway cross)-Varthur- ITPL - 30 to 40 mins. (+extra time if the railway gate is closed)
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 22:23   #757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Questions:
  1. Pardon my ignorance, what about Hosa Road from Electronics city and then ORR? Is it worth it
  2. What will be time approx time required in each of these routes?

As suggested by coolclouds, its better to avoid hosa road as its full of king-size speed breakers and crowded. No need to speak about the ORR as you can witness heights of traffic chaos there.

My workplace is not inside ITPL but very near to it.
guyfrmblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 22:34   #758
BHPian

Thanks coolcloud and guyfrmblr

I have marked all these routes in my GPS mobile. Will try out all these routes over a period of time and then decide on the final one.

guyfrmblr, need some details around itpl i will send you a PM.
Old 9th January 2012, 15:25   #759
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
New toll rates as applicable from Jan 1 2012 (Source: Deccan Herald)

Attachment 865454
Had to travel from Mysore road to Bannerghatta road today and paid Rs 50 as toll for 14 odd KMs. So its Rs 3.4 per Km. The most expensive toll road in India got even more expensive.
Old 11th January 2012, 22:34   #760
BHPian

Now,it takes 109 for Tumkur entry- Bannerghatta road + another 30 to Electronics city exit.

139 total to avoid Bangalore city traffic.
Old 12th January 2012, 10:22   #761
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can this(Jigani industrial area route) be a alternative route from electronics city to Mysore ?
Old 12th January 2012, 11:09   #762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Can this(Jigani industrial area route) be a alternative route from electronics city to Mysore ?
Yes. You can consider it as an alternative.

If you are planning to travel to Mysore in SH-17, then NICE road is the better option to reach Mysore road from Electronic city. The Jigani industrial area route will be ideal if you are planning to travel to Mysore through Kanakapura and Malavalli. But I am not aware of the road conditions of Kanakapura - Mysore stretch.

You can also use the Jigani route to reach Bidadi (SH-17). You can refer the map in the post by vikram_d.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 12th January 2012 at 11:12.
Old 18th January 2012, 09:22   #763
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally work has started for the flyover on the Bannerghatta Raod - NICE Road junction. Hope it finishes soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc07786optimized.jpg  

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-dsc07787optimized.jpg  

Last edited by arun_josie : 18th January 2012 at 09:23.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 23:09   #764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Finally work has started for the flyover on the Bannerghatta Raod - NICE Road junction. Hope it finishes soon.
Yipee !! the work has started at last. The flyover should be ready in one year at the max, by the wildest of imaginations . Finally it would be one straight road to Tumkur road from Hosur Road.
Old 20th January 2012, 11:03   #765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Yipee !! the work has started at last. The flyover should be ready in one year at the max, by the wildest of imaginations . Finally it would be one straight road to Tumkur road from Hosur Road.
Yes, it will be also a big relief for these long trucks and trailers. Currently some trucks/trailers with huge machinery loads struggle to cross turn after the toll towards Mysore road.

Last edited by arun_josie : 20th January 2012 at 11:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks