Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2008, 17:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

thats quite fast, where does it exit on the tumkur road, can it be taken for going towards Hassan/ Mangalore (Neelamangla crossing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepaktpatil View Post
Thank you guys for the information. I took this road, its fantastic and it saved me atleast 2.5 hours (one way). As per you advise I entered BMIC road from Kanakapura Road and went to Tumkur road, travel time was approximately 25 mins.
Old 25th May 2008, 10:20   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
thats quite fast, where does it exit on the tumkur road, can it be taken for going towards Hassan/ Mangalore (Neelamangla crossing)
Dadu,
Yes, its amazing to see how much time is saved by this road.

I think its approximately 10 km before Neelamangala Junction where this road joins Tumkur Road and should be the only option if you are starting from anywhere in South Bangalore and going to take Tumkur Road.
Old 26th May 2008, 01:49   #93
BHPian

I had been using the NICE - Bannerghatta to Mysore road cross several times. Except for the entry/exit points from Bannerghatta the road is class. Very well thought, well designed road shoulders and turnings. One place to watch out is the ramp which crosses Kanakapura Road, exit of the ramp is quite steep for a high speed road i guess.

Last month while going to Mangalore i tried the NICE road from Mysore road cross to Tumkur road. As deepaktpatil says, its a dream come true for a person residing in South Bangalore. You can forget the infamous Outer ring road from Bannerghatta to Mysore road cross, Magadi road crossing, Jalahalli cross, Peenya/Dasarahalli cross etc. The NICE road takes you till Himalaya Drug House factory on Tumkur road. Clear time savings and exit out of Bangalore was never so easy.

Now that we have a "Deve Gowda non-dependent Government", lets hope Kheny gets his clearances sorted out and the project gets completed.

Cheers.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

I have been travelling a lot from Bannerghatta rd - tumkur rd n vice versa ...
The bannerghatta road is utter chaos... One has to be very careful while avoiding the big potholes. I drove a Zen , Fiesta, Honda city, thankfully none of them got scraped.
Old 26th May 2008, 12:42   #95
Senior - BHPian

Some good news for NICE road users. We have an elected govt here with majority. The Supreme Court has also given go ahead. I think this project will start in full swing as soon as the new govt takes oath. Devegowda and his family will lose some land for this project and he cannot do anything on this. Very heartening to note.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:12   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Some good news for NICE road users. We have an elected govt here with majority. The Supreme Court has also given go ahead. I think this project will start in full swing as soon as the new govt takes oath. Devegowda and his family will lose some land for this project and he cannot do anything on this. Very heartening to note.
dont think even one stone got turned after yeddi came to power??? Oh the politics and the Poli-tricks we have to see!!!
Old 19th June 2008, 22:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
dont think even one stone got turned after yeddi came to power??? Oh the politics and the Poli-tricks we have to see!!!
So true. Last weekend came up the NICE road when coming back from Kerala. Loved the part on the good stretch, but after that, MY GOD!

Seems like Yeddi and Co have got themselves a nice corner and slept off!
Old 26th June 2008, 21:32   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

What about the 'actual' NICE that is supposed to connect Bangalore and Mysore? Any progress happening on that front?
Old 26th June 2008, 21:51   #99
Senior - BHPian

Very funny thing i observered about NICE project:

The night mare stretch around bannergatta road junction. There are governement roads from NICE road to bannergatta main road bpth the ends. Why they cant Tarr at least those connecting roads and maintain it neat.

Once thats done even If NICE people start charging road fee it makes sense.
golden quadrilateral has lot of diversions still but in between good stretches and they charge for it.

I am thinking always why cant NICE people allowed to follow samething wherever they ahve neat roads (Tumkur road to Mysore road, Mysore road to Kanakpura road to Bannergatta road then to hosur road.)

Bangalore to Mysore NICE expressway is still dream would take another 5 years to complete.

Its better if they try to complete roads around bangalore first.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 27th June 2008, 09:12   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the current Blore-Kanakapura-Mysore road going to converted to "Bangalore to Mysore NICE expressway"? Or BMIC will be a 3rd road (current mysore 4-lane road, kanakapura road being other 2)?
Old 27th June 2008, 10:24   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Is the current Blore-Kanakapura-Mysore road going to converted to "Bangalore to Mysore NICE expressway"? Or BMIC will be a 3rd road (current mysore 4-lane road, kanakapura road being other 2)?
I believe it is going to be third road.
Old 27th June 2008, 18:01   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Bangalore to Mysore NICE expressway is still dream would take another 5 years to complete.
Ravi.
The Supreme Court has kept the date of final hearing for this case on August 16th/17th. Till that time no work will be done. After the final hearing of Supreme Court, the work may start as it will be in favour of NICE itself. The current govt will also not rise any objections to this project.
Old 3rd July 2008, 07:46   #103
Senior - BHPian

Notices served on NICE, state

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Bangalore: A division Bench headed by Chief Justice Cyriac Joseph on Wednesday admitted PIL challenging realignment of a peripheral road over Gottigere Lake as part of the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor project.
The Bench ordered issuance of notices to its promoter Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise (NICE), the state government and others.
Dr Chakrapani filed the petition, challenging the GO dated November 4, 2007, allowing NICE company to construct the road by putting up pillars on the lake. He claimed the order violates the approved plan.

------- after so many years - i cant understand what the above article means. i think this is another Bofors in the making.... 25 years and no idea where the case is!!!------
Old 3rd July 2008, 09:36   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Have been taking the NICE road from bannerghatta road to Mysore road and must say that it is a drivers dream come true. The only spanner in the works is the ~1 KM stretch on Bannerghatta road connecting the NICE road. It's an Off-Roaders dream come true.

Today I saw a black innova stuck in the slush/potholes and a truck had to tow it out :-) The innova underchasis had come to rest on the pothole top and it's tyres had gone deep into the muddy pothole.

If you have cars with low ground clearance then stay away/drive carefully. If you have SUV, then no issues.
Old 3rd July 2008, 10:36   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

I say behind IIM and my work takes me to Global Village (Behind RV College on Mysore Road) daily.

Here are the detailed pointers for folks planning to try out the NICE road from Bannerghatta Road.

IIM-B -> Meenakshi Temple -> Gotigere (the town just after city)

JUST after gotigere town, slow down. you will see a lake (now filled with green weeds etc.) on your left. I would suggest that you slow down even more now and look to your right. You will see empty patches of muddy land on your right. There would also be trucks/lorrys/vehicles coming out from it towards the main road and some even going into it.

Thats the stretch. Take that stretch and just follow some other vehicle to reach the NICE road.

Once you travel the rough patch once/twice, you will remember it and then can even take it in night :-) (but I avoid it after dark)

Here is the visual map to aid you (Courtesy Dadu for this link)
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=12.8502138...18&l=0&m=a&v=2

Last edited by khan_sultan : 3rd July 2008 at 10:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks