Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2019, 09:17   #1171
BHPian

Re: Got scammed at Link road toll plaza :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I do have the receipt but i have no way to prove that i have also paid by card since the SMS does not state the point of sale.

I called the helpline number and they had a very laid back attitude and blamed me of not complaining to them immediately . Will be careful from henceforth.
Doesnt the sms prove that it was paid by card? Also your bank statement should have an entry.
Old 8th December 2019, 10:06   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Hyderabad ORR has Fastag and hence this setup is not entirely new. But glitches will surely be there.
Is ORR in HYD by NICE ? Our situation is different here. NICE is holding the users of this particular road to hostage. The other road they have done is the Hubli-Dharwad by-pass is part of NH network and accepts Fastag.
Old 8th December 2019, 10:19   #1173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is ORR in HYD by NICE ? Our situation is different here. NICE is holding the users of this particular road to hostage. The other road they have done is the Hubli-Dharwad by-pass is part of NH network and accepts Fastag.
Hyderabad ORR is maintained by Govt department HMDA, its a world class road almost 6-8 lane and charges fraction of amount charged by NICE, Gachibowli to Airport road is around 27 km and used to charge Rs 30. Similar distance is charged almost Rs 120 in NICE road for 4 lane, ill-maintained, bumpy road.
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 10:36   #1174
BHPian

Quote:
I do have the receipt but i have no way to prove that i have also paid by card since the SMS does not state the point of sale.

I called the helpline number and they had a very laid back attitude and blamed me of not complaining to them immediately . Will be careful from henceforth.
Doesnt the sms prove that it was paid by card? Also your bank statement should have an entry.

Mods: Post got duplicated please delete

Last edited by SideView : 8th December 2019 at 10:49.
Old 8th December 2019, 10:44   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hyderabad ORR is maintained by Govt department HMDA, its a world class road almost 6-8 lane and charges fraction of amount charged by NICE, .
Yes, NICE road tolls are among the highest, and that's why my comments about that one. I have been on HYD ORR, and it is really good.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 09:05   #1176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post

Mods: Post got duplicated please delete
Yes, i should take the bank statement and approach them. It is too much of a hassle for me and i will end up spending more than the money lost in the pursuit of the refund. Hence i have let it go.

The mitigation i have put in is that i will hold the POS machine in my hand till the transaction goes through or fails. So that there is no ambiguity.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 09:19   #1177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
You seem to have misunderstood the context of my post. Hyderabad is not by NICE. What I wrote is that the process of 1 entry-scan and 1 exit-scan using fastag will be the same like in Hyderabad ORR. This is unlike other highway tolls where there is only one scan for amount deduction.

Anyway What I've understood is that the NICE will now add Fastag as a payment method to the already existing modes of cash, cards, paytm and epay. I'm already using epay and I don't carry cash anymore. The only advantage for users when the fastag option is added will be of maintaining one account instead of 2
Old 9th December 2019, 13:46   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
The only advantage for users when the fastag option is added will be of maintaining one account instead of 2
It can save the time wasted in queue if they are going to provide a dedicated lane for fastag.
Old 11th December 2019, 12:57   #1179
Distinguished - BHPian

Is the fastag on track for the NICE road? I do not see the fastag RFID overhead scanners at any of the toll plazas.
Old 11th December 2019, 13:28   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the fastag on track for the NICE road? I do not see the fastag RFID overhead scanners at any of the toll plazas.
We have been told by multiple staff that it would be operational in December, but it is still not active as of today. I do not see any overhead readers as you noted, so no idea when the actual implementation is going to happen.
Old 14th December 2019, 22:18   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

When I traveled through NICE road last Wednesday, noticed that there was additional lanes constructed near Hosur road toll booth. Hope they end up installing Fastags in those lanes.

Else apart from the Hoskarahalli toll booth which had RFID readers installed long back, I too haven't noticed any toll booths on NICE having them.
Old 15th December 2019, 07:56   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is the fastag on track for the NICE road?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
We have been told by multiple staff that it would be operational in December.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
When I traveled through NICE road last Wednesday, noticed that there was additional lanes constructed near Hosur road
I asked the guy in the toll both last week and he clearly said it will take time and won't happen in December for sure. But he said Fastag will be coming...
Old 31st December 2019, 16:43   #1183
Senior - BHPian

After the recent upgrade of systems in NICE, Bar code on the toll receipt has got replaced with QR code. This has made matters worst for 2 reasons

1. With the new system, number of steps to print the receipt using NICE Ecard has increased (not sure if same is true for cash payments). This is resulting in around 10 additional seconds and a longer queue at entry. This is causing more than 15 mts wait during peak hours at the Hosur road entry.

2. Worst part is at exit. They used to have a handheld portable scanner for the Bar code, this has got replaced with a QR code scanner that is fixed inside the Toll cabins. Every receipt need to be handed over to the toll person, they will scan and return it while the broom bar opens. This is causing a significant delay and the queues at Hosur road exit is getting horrible day by day.

Sad to see that things have gone from bad to worst after the new system is introduced

Last edited by gadadhar : 31st December 2019 at 16:45.
Old 31st December 2019, 16:51   #1184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
I asked the guy in the toll both last week and he clearly said it will take time and won't happen in December for sure.
On 23rd Dec, at Hosur road toll I noticed the left most toll lane having a Fastag kiosk. This was next to the newly constructed toll lanes. Hope those are dedicated ones for Fastag.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 18:46   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
On 23rd Dec, at Hosur road toll I noticed the left most toll lane having a Fastag kiosk. This was next to the newly constructed toll lanes. Hope those are dedicated ones for Fastag.
If I got you right, that Fastag Kiosk is just a stall by Paytm for selling fastags. It's next to the temporary 2 wheeler lanes. New two wheeler lanes are getting ready and once they are done, these lanes will also go. Fastag will take a little longer. Probably by the Jan 15th timeline( which can again be pushed ahead by all means). Everyday i keep staring at the roof of the toll gate, but no sigh of an RFID scanner till today.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks