Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2020, 18:54   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Queues and the wait is getting lengthier day by day with no sign of improvement. It is more pain that you have to wait even to exit.
gadadhar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 19:15   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Queues and the wait is getting lengthier day by day with no sign of improvement. It is more pain that you have to wait even to exit.
Yes, Its become pain travelling in Nice Road, Queues getting lengthier and timing is almost getting equivalent to driving in non-toll road. Uneven road and Exorbitant toll rates. Unless they quickly move to Fastag solution like ORR Hyderabad, NICE road wont be nice anymore.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 19:16   #1188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Everyday i keep staring at the roof of the toll gate, but no sigh of an RFID scanner till today.
Saturday night at Sompura entry toll gate, as usual I was looking for RFID scanner and found this!

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-20200104_19530901.jpeg

I guess Fastag option is coming sooner than later
Old 6th January 2020, 21:27   #1189
BHPian

Have users noticed the the tickets mention NECE instead of NICE ?. NECE also is displayed on the dot matrix display. We can only wait and watch if Fastag is implemented. Till then I will keep using the Epay card.
Old 7th January 2020, 17:00   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Yes, Its become pain travelling in Nice Road, Queues getting lengthier and timing is almost getting equivalent to driving in non-toll road. Uneven road and Exorbitant toll rates. Unless they quickly move to Fastag solution like ORR Hyderabad, NICE road wont be nice anymore.
I guess the new system has created some glitches in the system or it might be the teething issues. It took me 22 minutes in Hosur road entry yesterday evening and the queue was not very long when I joined, but it was moving at unusually slow pace. Again there was a queue at Bannarghata road entry today morning which is unusual. After few attempts with my Epay, operator said he is unable to get it working and he doesn’t know what is wrong followed by the usual request of pay at exit. I keep some change handy for such eventualities and always try to pay at entry and not waste time and cause inconvenience to others at the exit.
Old 16th January 2020, 21:52   #1191
Senior - BHPian

A text message used to come on the registered mobile when the Ecard was used. This was useful to track the card balance and also alert user if any fraudulent usage. This has stopped working from last few weeks, guess it is another impact of the new system.
Old 17th January 2020, 09:25   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A text message used to come on the registered mobile when the Ecard was used. This was useful to track the card balance and also alert user if any fraudulent usage. This has stopped working from last few weeks, guess it is another impact of the new system.
I queried about this to one of the operators on hoskerehalli tollbooth. He said they are not investing anymore on the epay system as fastag is due soon. As per him, all infrastructure is ready from their end and they are waiting for permission to initiate.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2020, 12:54   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
I queried about this to one of the operators on hoskerehalli tollbooth. He said they are not investing anymore on the epay system as fastag is due soon. As per him, all infrastructure is ready from their end and they are waiting for permission to initiate.
Hope that happens soon. They in fact upgraded to a new system that replaced Barcode tokens with QR Code recently. That may not have a link with EPay and can even be done to facilitate Fastag.
Old 27th January 2020, 14:07   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Noticed a completely burnt skeleton of a car near the NICE Hosur road exit today morning. It was looking like an Indica and was not there last week. Hope no one was hurt.
Old 27th January 2020, 15:19   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Noticed a completely burnt skeleton of a car near the NICE Hosur road exit today morning. It was looking like an Indica and was not there last week. Hope no one was hurt.
Had read on a WA group about a Tigor on fire near EC last Saturday. Maybe it is the same car.
Old 27th January 2020, 17:59   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Had read on a WA group about a Tigor on fire near EC last Saturday. Maybe it is the same car.
Sounds right. I was sure it was a Tata, but didn't match Indica by the rear looks.

This probable is the first story of a Tigor going upon flames?
Old 4th February 2020, 19:54   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Fastag scanners finally appear at NICE toll booths. Hosakerehalli exit and entrance has them in all lanes while Kanakapura road entrance had two lanes out of three.
Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-img_20200204_172127.jpg

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-img_20200204_195249.jpg

First picture is from Kanakapura road entrance and second picture at hosakerehalli exit
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 20:20   #1198
Distinguished - BHPian

1 month ago, saw this in Sompura toll gate. Now it has been installed on Kanankapura road. Electronic city still had not got this today. At this pace not sure by when it'll be operational. I've another 2 weeks of balance left in my epay card. Hope fastag option will be Available by then.
Old 6th February 2020, 13:37   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Heard from a NICE road employee that fastag would be enabled around the April-May time period. Hope it is true. ECity toll has unbearable long queues during evening peak hours.
Old 7th February 2020, 11:39   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
1 month ago, saw this in Sompura toll gate. Now it has been installed on Kanankapura road. Electronic city still had not got this today. At this pace not sure by when it'll be operational.
This has got installed at Electronic City and Bannerghata entries, I noticed this yesterday (6th Feb)
gadadhar is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed