Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2023, 18:49   #1411
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
Hi

I am confused if I took the wrong route as we were charged Rs 540 from Ambalipura, Harlur Road Bengaluru to Ramnagara (Mysore express highway) for a 60 KM stretch including same-day return. Or this is expected?
The toll charges are right, but maybe not justified. Please note that you have used two not so normal roads. First being Nice Road, which is not under NHAI. They have been absurdly charging high rates as compared to even NHAI maintained expressways. Second one (Bangalore - Mysore) is an expressway under NHAI. As far as i know all over India toll rates are higher on expressways than normal highways maintained by NHAI. In no way I'm justifying these rates but not sure we can do anything. I used to keep a log of toll rates on highways way back in 2017. At that time national highways used to charge Rs. 1.07 per km on an average (still excluding special roads like expressway or Nice road). My recent calculations says that it is upto Rs. 1.80 / km. I may be wrong here because our highways still do not charge based on per km usage but based on which toll booths you have crossed. There are multiple factors here based on your usage like how many times in a calendar day you have crossed that toll booth etc. But it gives a hint on how the rates have increased over last 5 to 6 years.

On a lighter note when we first moved to Bangalore a decade back my son used to say Nice road is very Nice. Now he says there is nothing Nice on Nice road.
SamDiablo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 23:24   #1412
BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
but the toll charges are right. I don't see how you can avoid the same unless you brave through the city traffic to avoid NICE and then take the service road at Kumbalgodu and get stuck in Mysore road traffic before joining the Expressway beyond Bidadi.

I just paid the same + 2× 155 at gananguru for a 30 hour trip to mysore
Now at least I am sure that I am not doing anything wrong(routes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
But it gives a hint on how the rates have increased over last 5 to 6 years.

On a lighter note when we first moved to Bangalore a decade back my son used to say Nice road is very Nice. Now he says there is nothing Nice on Nice road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamDiablo View Post
There are multiple factors here based on your usage like how many times in a calendar day you have crossed that toll booth etc. But it gives a hint on how the rates have increased over last 5 to 6 years.

Definitely "Nice" when it helps bypass loads of traffic
But agree that toll rates have increased to an extent in the last few years that we are even discussing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks