Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2020, 10:41   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post

As of today morning, No such sections seen beyond Bhannerughatta road towards Tumakuru road.
Thanks. I guess we will have to wait and see how the work progresses and which other stretches of NICe road are being covered as part of this re-build.
Old 13th March 2020, 12:19   #1217
Senior - BHPian

My relative came through this NICE stretch on a two wheeler yesterday evening. He said it was tough with lot of dust, smoke and bad traffic and is better avoided on two wheedlers
Old 20th March 2020, 16:45   #1218
Senior - BHPian

It will be helpful if someone can update on the status of work on NICE stretch. Due to the new situation, I have been connecting from home and been away from NICE for a week.
Old 20th March 2020, 17:00   #1219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
It will be helpful if someone can update on the status of work on NICE stretch. Due to the new situation, I have been connecting from home and been away from NICE for a week.
The asphalting has now reached around the Kanakapura road exit. It stretches around 3 kms before the exit and around a km from the KNP exit.
As mentioned above, people are driving on the grass which is now a layer of dust. This is due to slow moving lorries. At 1800 hrs, there was considerable length of slow moving traffic. When I returned at 2130, it was thin.
There was a case of Creta which had rear ended an Eicher medium commercial vehicle just after the deviation. The people seemed fine but the front end was badly damaged.
Old 21st March 2020, 10:08   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday Bannerghatta Road Exit (From Electronic City/Hosur Road) was completely closed. So they were not issuing toll to this exit. Only option was to take Kanakapura exit and then again go towards the BG exit on the other side.
Old 4th May 2020, 21:58   #1221
BHPian

Can anyone confirm if NICE road is open again now? With 10% employees allowed to work, I believe traveling within Bangalore should not be a big hassle now. Can anyone who traveled in NICE road today update if the path is smooth with no police checking at entry and exit points? Other than using masks while travel, is the private cars also restricted to have only 1 driver + 2 passengers max rule? My parents are stuck in my sister's house at Bommasandra since the last 50 days and I could not even go and visit them. I am planning to visit them from RRNagar tomorrow and possibly bring them to my home. Hence just checking how the situation is right now
Old 5th May 2020, 23:54   #1222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Can anyone confirm if NICE road is open again now
NICE is open as per post mentioned in route to Kerala thread.
mpksuhas is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 00:37   #1223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Can anyone confirm if NICE road is open again now?
I drove through NICE road yesterday from Hosur road side till Tumkur road. There were no police check points. The onward lane is newly asphalted too.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 6th May 2020 at 00:39.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2020, 16:04   #1224
Distinguished - BHPian

Does anyone here know if the fastag facility has been enabled on NICE road?

It's now been 2 months since I drove on NICE road due to the lockdown. Before the lockdown, they were slowly moving towards implementation of Fastag. If the lockdown isn't extended further (I don't see an extension coming) then I'll have to go to my office from 18th onwards. My NICE epay card has very low balance and if Fastag is enabled, I won't recharge the epay card.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 10th May 2020 at 16:06.
Old 10th May 2020, 16:30   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Not yet Hemanth. Used NICE road just an hour ago. It is Still the old cash mechanism.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2020, 14:43   #1226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Does anyone here know if the fastag facility has been enabled on NICE road?

It's now been 2 months since I drove on NICE road due to the lockdown. Before the lockdown, they were slowly moving towards implementation of Fastag. If the lockdown isn't extended further (I don't see an extension coming) then I'll have to go to my office from 18th onwards. My NICE epay card has very low balance and if Fastag is enabled, I won't recharge the epay card.
Even though it looks like every single toll booth has the tag scanner installed, its not enabled yet. Unless govt push i dont think they are in hurry to implement it.
Old 18th May 2020, 17:27   #1227
Senior - BHPian

I used NICE during the weekend and was surprised even during this Corona time, they are still taking the toll token by hand at exit, scan and then return it. They are using gloves for their protection, but the vehicle users will be at risk. I refused to take the token back after scanning.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 21:45   #1228
BHPian

I took a drive today on the NICE road from Hosur Road to Tumkur Road. Rs.180 was the toll and by cash. The road condition was better with the new asphalt. On the opposite lane towards Hosur i could see that asphalt work still in progress. Enjoyed the drive as it had been a while with lockdown. Great weather with the rains and traffic was normal. Came across a accident, a lorry overturned into the divider and looks like it had happened just a couple of hours earlier to my drive!
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:38   #1229
BHPian

Anyone travelled by NICE road in recent times? Are they accepting Fastag or any other cashless method?
Old 22nd July 2020, 14:42   #1230
Senior - BHPian

No fastag yet on NICE. It is still cash. This was as of 8 days back.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks