Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2007, 01:07   #1
Senior - BHPian

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

I have traveled on the NICE road connecting Bannerghatta road and Mysore road over Kanakapura road. I would like to know whether this road extends and connect to Tumkur road also. Anybody who has used this road, if they can give details, will be of great help.

PS: NICE website - NANDI INFRASTRUCTURE CORRIDOR ENTERPRISES LIMITED

PS: Sketch of outer peripheral road connecting Hosur road to Tumkur road - Phase -A Components
Old 27th July 2007, 01:14   #2
Team-BHP Support

The stretch from Mysore road to tumkur road is still under construction. You can see a flyover being built just before the toll plaza.

Also the stretch connecting bannerghatta road is still to be ready due to some land disputes.
Old 27th July 2007, 01:19   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update. So as of now have to crawl along old road...
Old 27th July 2007, 01:23   #4
BANNED

That Kheny (NICE exec.) needs to learn to suck up to the first family. a.k.a Gowdas. He cannot move a stone without the approval of Karnataka's first family.
Old 27th July 2007, 14:25   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The stretch from Mysore road to tumkur road is still under construction.

Granny's tale Its completely done up. Only the last-mile connectivity to either road is not done and is currently serviced by a goat track.

msdivy,

The Mysore Rd-Tunkur Rd stretch has been completed and was thrown open unofficially for public use until a week back. Its the best stretch of the entire NICE corridor since its also the newest - I've been on it myself. A superbiker friend of mine and his group also had their pictorial in the Times of India taken on this stretch.

But from 6 days back they've blocked entry to the road from both ends by dumping a huge pile of mud at either ends.
Old 27th July 2007, 14:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

Mahesh I was just gonna PM you and ask you to reply here.
Last I heard was from my friend who said the road was un-officially open for traffic.

Did you get to drive the complete stretch?
Old 27th July 2007, 15:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Did you get to drive the complete stretch?
Yessir. And a beautiful stretch at that. Hardly any traffic compared to the other 3 stretches
Old 27th July 2007, 18:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

I travelled from Mysore road to electronic city in NICE road couple of times, it saved me 60% of the time compared with If I had taken banashankari BTM ring road and hosur road to reach electronic city from vijaynagar.

From Nagarbhavi to electronic city its 36km in 50 minutes drive via NICE expressway.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 28th July 2007, 05:28   #9
Senior - BHPian

The NICE corridor is a nice road for speeding... hardly any vehicles and wide well made roads. I touched 180 kph on that road once. However the connection to bannerghatta road is horrid to say the least... there's no road and its cross country suitable for SUVs .

Last edited by reignofchaos : 28th July 2007 at 05:29.
Old 28th July 2007, 11:53   #10
BHPian

Guys,

Did you see the news yesterday. Kheni is ready to close this road if Govt ask him to do it !!! With govt not giving land for further construction of road & no toll being collected still, Kheni could close this road anytime What sad state of affairs, politicians are not allowing infrastructure development for their personal ego & interests.
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:09   #11
Senior - BHPian

Any update on NICE, whats completed, whats left and moreso a decent MAP of the connectivity to various roads.

It more than 6 months since last update on this thread!!!
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:19   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Not much has changed in terms of usability.

1. The last stretch of this network - Mysore Rd- Tumkur Rd stretch has been permanently opened.

2. The last-mile connectivity from any NICE corridor to the main roads (except Bannerghatta Rd connectivity) is asphalted very nicely and no longer a goat track

3. WIP on constructing the bridges to directly connect these NICE stretches overflying the main roads

4. Access ramps from Mysore Road towards the Mysore Rd - Tumkur Rd section is also a WIP.

The only currently unresolved status remains with the Bannerghatta Road terminations/connectivity.
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:39   #13
BHPian

Wonder how many will want to use this road for regular commute to work, considering that on completion of the last mile connectivity on either side of Bannerghatta road, NICE Ltd will start collecting toll.

Any ideas how much it will be?

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 22nd January 2008, 15:51   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyBoy View Post
Wonder how many will want to use this road for regular commute to work, ..

I, for one, do that regularly.
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:40   #15
Senior - BHPian

I also use these roads right from Mysroe road till Hosur road twice a week. BTW, Kheni has erected the Congress and BJP banners near his office. No JD(S). Way to go Kheni, if congress/bjp comes to poewr, then we can assume that this will be definately completed. Looks like or Governer is also supporting this project. He has already removed an IAS officer who was incharge of this project and replaced with new.

Also the approach on Nice road near kanakapura road is asphalted. And the nice road connecting to mysore road is also asplhalted. Work is definately going on may not be at full steam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks