Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2010, 12:00   #211
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
I had to start journey on Saturday 20th March by 11 am itself and hence could not see your posts. Thank you. I took the road via Mettur. I experience the progress slow in view of the traffic conditions - overtaking is painstaking and could not maintain speeds of 80 plus.

As suggested by you I should have taken the Salem route. joined at perundurai. It seems for going to Tirupur, one has to take a deviation at Vijayamangalam go to Uthukuli and from there to Tirupur. There we would save about 40 kms it seems.
Yes Tiruppur off NH47. Its famous for petrol heads, as thats one of the routes, taken for Pollachi.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:35   #212
BHPian

Planning to Do Cochin-Bangalore-Help

Hope this is not the zillionth time this is being popped.

Planning to do a Cochin-Bangalore:

I know the strech till Salem, is good 4 way (from Coimbatore) and from Salem to Bangalore, I heard, isn really bad either.

2 quick questions pls.

1) Can i continue on Coimbatore-Salem route or is there a deviation which can help me?

2) Request help on breakfast, luch stops (Veg.)

Thanks in advance.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:43   #213
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
2 quick questions pls.

1) Can i continue on Coimbatore-Salem route or is there a deviation which can help me?

Thanks in advance.

I have done Trichur to Calicut. Its very good with few diversions. Avinashi to CBE is the only problem. I guess rest should be fine. Others can confirm based on latest experiences.

If you start early, you can break at Thoppur A2B rather than Krishnagiri for breakfast. I am not sure about highway hotels on NH47 near CBE. That should be an ideal stop.
Old 30th March 2010, 11:48   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope this is not the zillionth time this is being popped.

Planning to do a Cochin-Bangalore:

I know the strech till Salem, is good 4 way (from Coimbatore) and from Salem to Bangalore, I heard, isn really bad either.

2 quick questions pls.

Thanks in advance.
Just did this stretch,do not bother with deviations,go through Salem town,its the easiest,roads are a breeze till avinashi(as Ampere mentioned)after that till the L&T bypass could be a problem as town traffic begins and overtaking is painful.

The best options are after Hosur on your left you first have the Sri Krishna Bhavan alongisde a HP pump,if you miss that then theres the A2B alongside a BP,its approx 3-4kms after the SKB.After that not many options on the route.If its an early start frm Blr,I doubt these would be open.

4am departure would stand you in good stead to reach L&T bypass by 930-10,which means you could target for a late breakfast after crossing the L&T Bp.
Old 30th March 2010, 14:28   #215
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
1) From salem you can travel by this route Bhavani, Chithode, Tiruppur, pollachi, Chalakudi, alva, eranakulam and Kochi. Total it should be around 530 kms (Bangalore - Kochi). If you start early you can reach before six in the evening. Until Bhavani you have 4 way but not sure about the road condition after Bhavani though?

2) They are many Adyar Ananda Bhavan hotels in the highway you can stop for both breakfast as well as lunch.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:13   #216
BHPian

Thank you your replies...

Actually I am doing Cochin to Bangalore, rather than the otherway around.

Someone was telling me that the roads between Tiruppur and Salem aren't complete. If someone can advise on this pls.
Old 30th March 2010, 17:40   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Someone was telling me that the roads between Tiruppur and Salem aren't complete. If someone can advise on this pls.

Plan to start from Kochi by about 4am so that you can be at Coimbatore by 7am, Salem at 10am and Bangalore at 2pm easily.
Absolutely no issues with Salem route.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:16   #218
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
If you are taking the NH47, Tiruppur does not come into the picture.

There is a Walayar Motels, about 9 kms north of the Palakkad byepass junction. There is an KTDC Aaram motel about 15 kms before Palakkad, I think in a place called Erimayur and another one about 3 kms short of the Walayar check post.

The above are the ones I used to frequent.

I am not much familiar with eateries beyond Perundurai as I turn off here for Erode.
Old 30th March 2010, 19:26   #219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
I am not much familiar with eateries beyond Perundurai as I turn off here for Erode.
I don't remember seeing any between Salem and Perundurai . Maybe some thing should be available in Bhavani.
Old 30th March 2010, 20:54   #220
BHPian

Thank you, all. I'm all game then.

Safe riding to all of you as well.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:11   #221
Senior - BHPian

The road between Coimbatore and Avinashi is not complete.From Avinashi-Salem is almpost complete except for Shankari bypass and outskirts of Salem for about 8-9kms
Old 30th March 2010, 21:25   #222

Guys - be very careful approaching Salem outskirts while coming from Coimbatore.There are plenty of morons driving on the wrong side of the roads.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:38   #223
BHPian

Quote:

I had gone there last week in my i10. AT Bhavani, you have one Saravana Bhavan where I took only coffee. Once you reach Perndurai, ask for Vijayamangalam then proceed to Uthukuli and from there to Tirupur. I took NH47 and went upto Avinashi. This route I heard is a bit lengthier by about 40 kms. The uthukuli route is State highways but I was informed that the road are good.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Old 30th March 2010, 21:47   #224
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
I had gone there last week in my i10. AT Bhavani, you have one Saravana Bhavan where I took only coffee. Once you reach Perndurai, ask for Vijayamangalam then proceed to Uthukuli and from there to Tirupur. I took NH47 and went upto Avinashi. This route I heard is a bit lengthier by about 40 kms. The uthukuli route is State highways but I was informed that the road are good.

Happy and Safe Motoring.
Gururaj, Can you please let me know, where in Bhavani is this hotel. Is it on the NH47 itself or one needs to take a detour?
Old 31st March 2010, 08:49   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Gururaj, Can you please let me know, where in Bhavani is this hotel. Is it on the NH47 itself or one needs to take a detour?
You may have to go through Bhavani - NH47 road also does. After the temple you cross the river and the road takes a left turn. The boards are big and you cannot miss it. It is to your left only - on the highway itself.

The Saravana Bhavan at Chennai and this one are different. This is a small hotel but coffee tasted good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks