Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 12:12   #721
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
i saw a KSRTC bus operating from Bangalore to Germalem. I was under the impression all these days that we may not have govt buses operating on such remote routes.Good to see one.
Talavadi also is well connected by KSRTC buses mostly from Shanthi Nagar Bus stand, Double Road. During a recent visit I found that the bus stand at Talavdi was quite crowded and had buses from both states there. I think it is also the Taluk headquarters, there may be buses from there to Germalem as well.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 14:40   #722
Senior - BHPian

Did a trip last sunday 15-Feb-2015 from Coimbatore to Bangalore in below route :

Coimbatore-Puliampatti-Nambiyur-Gobi-Athani-Anthiyur-Ammapettai-Mettur-Mecheri-Thoppur-Dharmapuri-Krishnagiri-Bangalore.

A week before one of my friend did the same route from Bangalore to Coimbatore and so was inspired to tried this route again by look at the snaps.

I wanted to particularly highlight the scenic locations between Gobi to Athani Simply superb.

Excellent roads all throughout. Started from Coimbatore at 10 am and reached bangalore at 5:30 pm which included a cumulative break time of 2 hours for tea, lunch and foto shoot That makes an effective driving time of 5.30 hours which is good.

---------------------
EDIT : Mods,, please delete this post as it got posted twice due to network issues

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 17th February 2015 at 14:46. Reason: Duplicate Post
Old 17th February 2015, 14:44   #723
Senior - BHPian

Did a trip last sunday 15-Feb-2015 from Coimbatore to Bangalore in below route :

Coimbatore-Puliampatti-Nambiyur-Gobi-Athani-Anthiyur-Ammapettai-Mettur-Mecheri-Thoppur-Dharmapuri-Krishnagiri-Bangalore.

A week before one of my friend did the same route from Bangalore to Coimbatore and so was inspired to try this route again after several years.

I wanted to particularly highlight the scenic locations between Gobi to Athani Simply stunning !.

Excellent roads all throughout. Started from Coimbatore at 10 am and reached bangalore at 5:30 pm which included a cumulative break time of 2 hours for tea, lunch and foto shoot That makes an effective driving time of 5.30 hours which is good.

Few snaps attached for preview.

-Ravi
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-20150215_115953.jpg  

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-20150215_122647.jpg  

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-20150215_122705.jpg  

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-20150215_120343.jpg  

Last edited by ravib : 17th February 2015 at 14:57.
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 14:46   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

A week before one of my friend did the same route from Bangalore to Coimbatore and so was inspired to try this route again after several years.

I wanted to particularly highlight the scenic locations between Gobi to Athani Simply stunning !.

-Ravi
How is the current condition of the Metur-Bhavani road. I drove on this stretch in August 2013 and i will use one word to describe the condition then

SUPER
Old 17th February 2015, 15:00   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
How is the current condition of the Metur-Bhavani road. I drove on this stretch in August 2013 and i will use one word to describe the condition then

SUPER

I am not sure Suresh as i didn't drive in that route. But i believe the road conditions in the entire area is very good and no complaints at all. In my experience, most of the interior village roads in Tamil Nadu are very good to drive through

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2015, 13:47   #726
BHPian

Hi friends I would be travelling alone to Palakkad tomorrow from Bangalore in my Rapid during the day.

I am planning to take a new route this time. I just wanted to know how are the roads from Nanjangudu via Chamrajnagar till Cbe at present.

I have travelled several times on the regular toll paid roads to cbe and once I had also travelled through blr-krishnagiri-Mettur-Ammapettai-Athani-Cbe route too.

I don't want to pay those heavy tolls through out till I reach Cbe.

Can someone suggest alternative route options. If the roads are really bad and not worth the effort, then I would restrict myself to travel on the regular toll road itself.

Last edited by rki2007 : 24th February 2015 at 14:06.
Old 24th February 2015, 14:19   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I am planning to take a new route this time. I just wanted to know how are the roads from Nanjangudu via Chamrajnagar till Cbe at present.
Try bangalore-kanakapura-malavalli-Kollegal-Chamrajnagar-Sathy-CBE. The roads the good throughout and no tolls. Make sure you leave blore early as you will hit traffic till kanakapura.
After Chamrajnagar, the road is through the forest and it will be nice.
Not sure why you would want to go to nanjangud.. That is a very roundabout and lengthy route.

Another route without tolls is blore-attibele-tvs factory- rayakottai- palacode- pennagaram-mecheri-mettur . no tolls and mostly good roads
Old 24th February 2015, 14:27   #728
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
Try bangalore-kanakapura-malavalli-Kollegal-Chamrajnagar-Sathy-CBE. The roads the good throughout and no tolls. Make sure you leave blore early as you will hit traffic till kanakapura.
After Chamrajnagar, the road is through the forest and it will be nice.
Not sure why you would want to go to nanjangud.. That is a very roundabout and lengthy route.
The bridge over the River Cauvery near Shivanasamudra is closed so you will need to detour via Talakad to get to Chamarajanagar. Look up the All roads to Kerala or Bangalore Calicut route threads for more details.

Quote:
Hi friends I would be travelling alone to Palakkad tomorrow from Bangalore in my Rapid during the day.

You can take the NH 7, NH 47 regular (Bangalore-Salem-Coimbatore-Walayar-Palakkad) route to Palakkad, work on almost all stretches is complete, a little rough between L&T junction and Walayar.
OR
you can take NH 7-NH47 upto Avinashi bypass, then turn left towards Mangalam, Palladam-Pollachi-Palakkad (joins back near Chandranagar). This route has excellent roads, a tad slower than 4 lane roads but stress free. I've been doing this route for last 4 trips

Last edited by NPV : 24th February 2015 at 14:33.
Old 24th February 2015, 15:29   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone suggest alternative route options. If the roads are really bad and not worth the effort, then I would restrict myself to travel on the regular toll road itself.
Bangalore-Attibele-TVS-Haleesabam-Rayakottai-Palacode-Dharmapuri-Omalur-Sankagiri-Avinashi-Mangalam-Palladam-Pollachi-Palakkad

Roads are generally good throughout. You avoid most of the tolls. You'd find more updates on these stretches in this thread.

You can also try the Kanakapura-Sathy route, but there's a detour via Talakad. You can either enter CBE city, and proceeding towards Walayar (not recommended), or merge into NH47 at Karumathampatty, take L&T bypass (and pay the unreasonable Rs.31 toll, again not recommended), or, head to Pollachi and proceed to your destination in Palakkad.
Old 25th February 2015, 07:19   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I have travelled several times on the regular toll paid roads to cbe and once I had also travelled through blr-krishnagiri-Mettur-Ammapettai-Athani-Cbe route too.

I don't want to pay those heavy tolls through out till I reach Cbe.

One more option

Via Hosur-Rayakottai-Palcode by pass-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani and then the regular NH47 route to Palakkad

or

Via Hosur-Rayakottai-Palcode by pass-Thoppur-Mettur-Ammapettai-Athani-Sathy-Annur and Coimbatore.

In the latter you have to pass through Coimbatore city.
Old 29th March 2015, 18:13   #731
Senior - BHPian

Any update on the Bridge on the Cauvery on the Kanakapura - Chamarajnagar route to Coimbatore ? If the work is still on, can someone help with the Talakkad detour , the route and the road conditions suggested in a few threads that i read here ? Pardon me if this was already covered in the previous pages, havent checked them out. A trip upcoming to Coimbatore the coming friday, and really dont want to take the Hosur-Krishnagiri-Salem-Avanashi route.
Old 29th March 2015, 18:54   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any update on the Bridge on the Cauvery on the Kanakapura - Chamarajnagar route to Coimbatore ? If the work is still on, can someone help with the Talakkad detour , the route and the road conditions suggested in a few threads that i read here ? Pardon me if this was already covered in the previous pages, havent checked them out. A trip upcoming to Coimbatore the coming friday, and really dont want to take the Hosur-Krishnagiri-Salem-Avanashi route.
You will get all the details about current about Cauvery bridge near shivanasamudra in Bangalore-Mysore-Ooty thread. As of now, the bridge is still closed. If you don't want to take regular Krishnagiri-Salem-Avinashi route, you can try the alternate Thoppur-Mettur-Anthiyur-Athani-Gobi/Sathy route. Read my update in this thread below which i posted last month.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2015, 19:33   #733
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any update on the Bridge on the Cauvery on the Kanakapura - Chamarajnagar route to Coimbatore ? If the work is still on, can someone help with the Talakkad detour , .
Bridge is still closed. Here is the link to the best alternative between malavalli and chamrajnagar. Roads are good. Should take the same time as the route via kollegala.

https://goo.gl/maps/HQXfO
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 09:03   #734
Senior - BHPian

Update on my trip.
I left JP Nagar 6th phase at 12.45 pm and took the Kanakapura Road. As suggested here, i took the road to Talakkad ( there is this deviation to the right before Shivanasamudra ). There is a big sign-board towards Talakkad.

Good roads, barring 2 KMs of patch and narrow road, but motorable.

Then reached T-Narasapura, and from there, Chamarajnagar.

The routine pitstop at RamaVilas, Sathy for the Rava Dosa, and i was at home, at Ganapathy at 6 pm.
Old 13th April 2015, 22:35   #735
BHPian

Bypassing Salem - NH7-NH47

I recently discovered this route to bypass Salem city traffic, it saves 12 kms, and two tolls (Omalur toll and Sankagiri toll).

The Usual 4-Lane route:
Pros:
- Preferred and Recommended during night time.
- You can take a break at the newly opened A2B near Neykkarapatti.

Cons:
- Deal with daytime traffic in the Salem city, pay two tolls and drive longer.

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-usual-route.jpg

The Alternate Route:
Route Link: http://goo.gl/maps/q1Ntu
Pros:
- It is 12 kms less, completely bypasses two tolls, Salem city traffic and directly joins the 4-Lane at Omalur.
- The village road is well tarred and it is a welcome break from the monotonous highway.

Cons:
- Not recommended during night time. The section of the village road (near Manjakalpatti) doesn't have street lights. The other sections are fine though as they are state highways. Also, during night time, there is not much time advantage as there would be less traffic in Salem city.
- There are two small towns on the way, and sometimes, there can be traffic, but still, it is better than dealing with the Salem city traffic.

Note:
NHAI has not specifically provided any exit at the SH86-NH47 junction (pointed in the image below), just to discourage people from taking this bypass . The two tolls would have lost lots of money.

Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries-alternate-route.jpg

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 13th April 2015 at 22:47.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks