Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2021, 11:58   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denver85 View Post
Devanahalli-Sarjapura, earlier I used to prefer the Budigere-Kattanallur gate-Hopefarm-Dommasandra route, but now the Devanahalli-Hoskote-Samenthanahalli-Muthkur-Sarajapura is faster and peaceful, had great road surface also on this section
Even I used to take the Budigere Hope farm Sarjapur route to bypass Banglore from Devanahalli.
Too many speed breakers on this route and traffic is heavy after Hope farm and Varthur kere. During the day this Varthur stretch becomes too busy as it goes through the market and invariably traffic jams.
Hoskote Samenthanahalli Chikkatirupathi is the route I follow these days.
There is a small stretch of about 4 - 5 kma between Chikkatirupathi and Seegepura that is bad now otherwise rest of the stretch is good.
Old 16th February 2021, 12:16   #1067
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Coimbatore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheFold View Post
Thank you. Would you suggest this as an alternative to the Attibele - Sarjapur road? If you could share a map link or narrative to navigate from Hosur - Sarjapur Road, I'd really appreciate it. Would love to try this as an alternative on the next drive back into Bangalore.
Won't suggest it all the time. Crossing Hosur/Sarjapura towns is a pain in the peak hours. This can be an option if the situation at the Attibele toll is bad. This is the exact route: https://goo.gl/maps/oGNKsa1EEnsNUwBV8
You just need to take left at the RTO checkpost once you are out of the Hosur town, then continue on the main road till you reaches the Bagalur-Sarajapura road. It's a scenic route with some nice curves, so can be taken if you want a break from the boring 4/5 lane roads.
denver85 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 12:29   #1068
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Won't suggest it all the time. Crossing Hosur/Sarjapura towns is a pain in the peak hours. This can be an option if the situation at the Attibele toll is bad.
It may be easy to go to Baglur and exit to take the road to Sarjapura. I think one may not save time by taking interior roads.
Old 24th February 2021, 13:12   #1069

Latest on Chamrajanagar-Dhimbam section of NH 948:

As a regular commuter on the Coimbatore-Bangalore route, I have used both Salem-Krishnagiri-Hosur AND Sathy-Bannari-Dhimbam-Chamarajanagar-Malavalli- Kanakapura roads.

As mentioned by many in this thread, the KA Border-Chamarajanagar section is (soon, "was") the most nightmarish highway that I have ever used. However, some happy news! In the past 4-5 weeks, road repair is going on in this section, and as of February 19, the bad stretch has reduced to about 10 km (from about 40 km earlier) from the KA border towards Chamarajanagar. Hopefully, the rest of the way should get repaired in the next few weeks. When that happens, the Chamarajnagar - Dhimbam would become the most preferred route for all those who wish to avoid paying tolls on the Hosur-Salem route.

A word of caution: Considering the quality of road work currently going on, don't be surprised if the condition gets bad very soon..definitely during/after the next rainy season for sure!
sateeshg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 19:38   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
It may be easy to go to Baglur and exit to take the road to Sarjapura. I think one may not save time by taking interior roads.
If the BWSSB work at the entry of Sarjapura(where the Chikka Tirupati road forks) is not yet completed, better to stick to Attibele exit itself.
Old 28th February 2021, 09:07   #1071
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Would you suggest this as an alternative to the Attibele - Sarjapur road? If you could share a map link or narrative to navigate from Hosur - Sarjapur Road, I'd really appreciate it. Would love to try this as an alternative on the next drive back into Bangalore.
Quote:
Won't suggest it all the time. Crossing Hosur/Sarjapura towns is a pain in the peak hours. This can be an option if the situation at the Attibele toll is bad. This is the exact route: https://goo.gl/maps/oGNKsa1EEnsNUwBV8
You just need to take left at the RTO checkpost once you are out of the Hosur town, then continue on the main road till you reaches the Bagalur-Sarajapura road. It's a scenic route with some nice curves, so can be taken if you want a break from the boring 4/5 lane roads.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
If the BWSSB work at the entry of Sarjapura(where the Chikka Tirupati road forks) is not yet completed, better to stick to Attibele exit itself.
Quoting some older posts... I always take the Sarjapur- Nallur(The road that turns right from the checkpost on Sarjapur Bagalur Road-As mentioned in the map link above) -Hosur route for any trips towards Salem. This is a scenic, well tarred road with minimal traffic. Absolutely no reason to go through Bagalur at all for anyone crossing Sarjapur. Have not encountered any major blocks crossing Sarjapur or joining the highway at Hosur. I don't see a point coming to Sarjapur and then taking the Attibelle route as Sarjapur-Attibelle is truck heavy, road work is always happening and you still have to pass through Attibelle toll and Hosur town.

On the BWSSB Works, did a trip yesterday. The work is completed and the whole stretch has been concretized, but they have not yet fully removed the blocks created by dumping mud, a part of it good enough for cars has been cleared at both ends which created a small jam when I was returning in the evening. I think it should be cleared out in a few days. Note that google thinks it is closed and does not route you through Sarjapur
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 09:53   #1072
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Quoting some older posts... I always take the Sarjapur- Nallur(The road that turns right from the checkpost on Sarjapur Bagalur Road-As mentioned in the map link above) -Hosur route for any trips towards Salem. This is a scenic, well tarred road with minimal traffic. Absolutely no reason to go through Bagalur at all for anyone crossing Sarjapur. Have not encountered any major blocks crossing Sarjapur or joining the highway at Hosur
Thanks! This is really good to note. Can you also help on how do you remember the exit when coming from Krishnagiri to get into this road. Its always tricky.

Any landmarks to remember to exit the 4-lane?
Old 28th February 2021, 12:14   #1073
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! This is really good to note. Can you also help on how do you remember the exit when coming from Krishnagiri to get into this road. Its always tricky.

Any landmarks to remember to exit the 4-lane?
It is tricky and there are no easily rememberable landmarks. What I do is plot nallur road or bagalur on the map( it is the same exit) which ensures Google does the right exit and also helps with the turn off from the bagalur road.

Also an edit on the drain works in Sarjapur. Some friends of friends who stay in the area have updated that there is still one more round of concrete works pending. So it maybe another 30-45 days before it is all done and opened up fully.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 19:22   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
It is tricky and there are no easily rememberable landmarks. What I do is plot nallur road or bagalur on the map( it is the same exit) which ensures Google does the right exit and also helps with the turn off from the bagalur road
First off, thank you!

While I think I know the route you're talking about, could you share a Google map link?

Here's the link to the route that I plotted from Decathlon Sarjapur based on your description. Is this correct?
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RtheCqcHMXqAotBCA
Old 1st March 2021, 14:22   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
First off, thank you!

While I think I know the route you're talking about, could you share a Google map link?

Here's the link to the route that I plotted from Decathlon Sarjapur based on your description. Is this correct?
https://maps.app.goo.gl/RtheCqcHMXqAotBCA
Yes this is the route. Pretty straight forward when going from Bangalore as the right turn is exactly at the check post. On the return may need to use maps just so as to not miss the exit from the highway and then the left from the Hosur-Bagalur Road.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 13:10   #1076
BHPian

Guys one help.

I am planning to go from Bangalore to Erode (100km before Coimbatore) on Friday (Mar 12th) and planning to be back on Sunday (Mar 14th) to Bangalore. Do I need to have a Corona negative certificate to enter TN or enter KA ? I am having a KA registered vehicle. I will go along with my family members.

Any other thing I need to take care like TN or KA pass etc ?

I heard people who are coming from KL to KA requires corona negative certificate (less than 3 days old).

Last edited by amvj : 7th March 2021 at 13:14.
Old 7th March 2021, 14:13   #1077
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Guys one help.

I am planning to go from Bangalore to Erode (100km before Coimbatore) on Friday (Mar 12th) and planning to be back on Sunday (Mar 14th) to Bangalore. Do I need to have a Corona negative certificate to enter TN or enter KA ? I am having a KA registered vehicle. I will go along with my family members.

Any other thing I need to take care like TN or KA pass etc ?

I heard people who are coming from KL to KA requires corona negative certificate (less than 3 days old).
As per the latest guidelines from TN you would not need anything. KA anyway has no restriction from TN. I did a same day return trip to Vellore last weekend and there was no checking.

Quote:
In view of the increasing COVID-19 cases, the Tamil Nadu Health and Family Welfare Department has issued fresh travel guidelines for domestic and international passengers. Business travellers coming to Tamil Nadu for a short trip of 72 hours or less than three days are now exempted from home quarantine. E-pass is mandatory for all international passengers and domestic travellers, except those from neighbouring states of Puducherry, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
Source

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 7th March 2021 at 14:15.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th March 2021, 07:58   #1078
BHPian

Has anyone traveled on NH948 from Bangalore to Kanakpura recently? The stretch of road after Kanakpura seems to be pretty good but the last time I traveled on the stretch before Kanakpura it was full of speed brakers and one lane stretches due to construction work, lot of it stalled. Does get little better close to Kanakpura. Some construction work, however slow, was going on and I am hoping things are getting better now. Any recent reports?
Old 10th March 2021, 08:24   #1079
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarkit View Post
Has anyone traveled on NH948 from Bangalore to Kanakpura recently? The stretch of road after Kanakpura seems to be pretty good but the last time I traveled on the stretch before Kanakpura it was full of speed brakers and one lane stretches due to construction work, lot of it stalled. Does get little better close to Kanakpura. Some construction work, however slow, was going on and I am hoping things are getting better now. Any recent reports?
Traveled during mid of Jan. Pretty much the same as what you mentioned. Work is slow, lot of speed humps and deviations. But several stretches are open one side and diversions are all tarred. So it is manageable unless traffic is very high. That may slow you down.
Old 10th March 2021, 11:14   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Traveled during mid of Jan. Pretty much the same as what you mentioned.
I traveled before the Republic day weekend and work was progressing compared to my previous trip a month before that. So I am hoping most of those bad stretches are done by now. Someone who has traveled in March should be able to give more information.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks