Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2017, 09:21   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad - Vizag : Route Queries

Bumping up an old thread. Would appreciate any updates on the best route and other details between Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam.
Old 1st October 2017, 10:21   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
Bumping up an old thread. Would appreciate any updates on the best route and other details between Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam.
Via Vijayawada.
DownSouth is just crossing Vijayawada as I type.
Old 2nd October 2017, 19:21   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Via Vijayawada.
DownSouth is just crossing Vijayawada as I type.
Vijayawada to Vizag top tar is not in very good condition.
Old 8th October 2017, 08:56   #199
BHPian

Most golden quadrilateral roads are now 10+ years old. Is there a provision for maintenance? Understand NH to calcutta is a mess beyond vizag as well.
Old 13th October 2017, 12:04   #200
Senior - BHPian

Dear all, I have two queries here :-

I would be required to travel from Rajahmundry to Bhubaneshwar and then continue ahead. Post Gajuwaka Junction, there is a bifurcation. One goes via the NH16 and the other via "Vizianagaram Symhachalam Sontyam Road"; both towards Bhubaneshwar.

Q 1. >Please advise which one is a better option to traverse through. I will be travelling with family and would expect to have a road which is properly maintained.

My personal opinion would be stick into NH 16, but Google seems to have having a different idea.

Hyderabad - Vizag : Route Queries-route-query.jpg

Q 2. >Let me know if there is a better option to traverse from Rajahmundry towards Bhubaneshwar. My consideration till now has been as below :-

... coming via NH 65 - Skirting Vijaywada via Vijaywada byepass road (leaving NH 65)- Chennai Srikakulam Highway (entering NH 16) - Rajahmundry - Gajuwaka Junction - Bhubaneshwar - ...
Old 21st December 2017, 23:08   #201
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Can you please help me out with the best routes for my itinerary:

Araku- Lambasingi- Bhadrachalam- Hyderabad(Banjara Hills).

Araku-Lamasingi seems straight forward.

Google recommends these options for Bhadrachalam from Lambasingi:
https://goo.gl/maps/NKKadmk2sw22

For Banjara Hills from Bhadrachalam, Google throws three options, hence confused:
http://https://goo.gl/maps/e97v9CAf1sS2

Appreciate if you can suggest the best route. I'll be traveling on Saturday.
Old 31st December 2017, 14:18   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Hi Folks,

Can you please help me out with the best routes for my itinerary:

Araku- Lambasingi- Bhadrachalam- Hyderabad(Banjara Hills).

Araku-Lamasingi seems straight forward.

Google recommends these options for Bhadrachalam from Lambasingi:
https://goo.gl/maps/NKKadmk2sw22

For Banjara Hills from Bhadrachalam, Google throws three options, hence confused:
http://https://goo.gl/maps/e97v9CAf1sS2

Appreciate if you can suggest the best route. I'll be traveling on Saturday.
I did take the route as suggested by GMaps. Here is my update: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4330503
Old 12th October 2018, 11:47   #203
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread. Would appreciate any updates on the best route and other details between Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam. I am planning to leave early morning tomorrow.The google maps is indicating the following route i.e. https://goo.gl/maps/zunN1sCv3912 .
Old 20th October 2018, 20:22   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bumping up an old thread. Would appreciate any updates on the best route and other details between Hyderabad and Visakhapatnam. I am planning to leave early morning tomorrow.The google maps is indicating the following route i.e. https://goo.gl/maps/zunN1sCv3912 .
Saw this post only now and might be too late for a response I did Bangalore-Hyderabad-Vizag over 10-11 October and here are the key updates:

* Hyderabad - Vijayawada is a lovely 4-lane highway with some nice vistas. Should take you no longer than 4 hours at moderate cruising speeds.

* Crossing Vijayawada could be a pain, depending on the time of the day. I relied on Google Maps and was through in about 30 minutes.

* Vijayawada - Vizag is a mix bag with NH-5 (now NH-16) varying from good to bad. Heavy truck traffic, ongoing road work b/w Vijayawada and Rajahmundry, local traffic most of the way (given that there is no bypass for most towns enroute), will slow you down. Budget at least 6-7 hours for this stretch.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 12:28   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

I am planning a trip to Bhubaneswar in end November. This would be my 4th trip of Hyd <-> BBSR in past 3 years but any updates regarding the current conditions would be helpful. My last experience is a good 16 months old.

Quote:
I hope to follow the same route (even our starting point is the same - Nallagandla).
How was your trip? How much time did it take for the trip and did you face any issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Saw this post only now and might be too late for a response I did Bangalore-Hyderabad-Vizag over 10-11 October and here are the key updates:

* Hyderabad - Vijayawada is a lovely 4-lane highway with some nice vistas. Should take you no longer than 4 hours at moderate cruising speeds.

* Crossing Vijayawada could be a pain, depending on the time of the day. I relied on Google Maps and was through in about 30 minutes.

* Vijayawada - Vizag is a mix bag with NH-5 (now NH-16) varying from good to bad. Heavy truck traffic, ongoing road work b/w Vijayawada and Rajahmundry, local traffic most of the way (given that there is no bypass for most towns enroute), will slow you down. Budget at least 6-7 hours for this stretch.
Thanks for the update. Crossing Vijayawada in 30 mins is very good. It has taken me almost an hour every time.

Regarding the roads between Vijayawada and Rajahmundry, how bad are they? I will be driving a WagonR.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 20:07   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Saw this post only now and might be too late for a response I did Bangalore-Hyderabad-Vizag over 10-11 October and here are the key updates
Thanks for the information. It is indeed helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I hope to follow the same route (even our starting point is the same - Nallagandla).
How was your trip? How much time did it take for the trip and did you face any issues?
Considering that it was Dusshera with the Cyclone around that time, i thought it was best to travel by train. Hope to drive down on this route next year. Will watch out for your blue eyed car in Nallagandla .
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 21:53   #207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update. Crossing Vijayawada in 30 mins is very good. It has taken me almost an hour every time.
Yeah! I was surprised too. This was for the return journey, BTW. It was a different story altogether for the onward journey though - we had booked our stay at a hotel on MG Road (heart of the city) and spent almost an hour to reach the place from the periphery of the city! Constructions galore with crazy traffic tested my nerves

Quote:
Regarding the roads between Vijayawada and Rajahmundry, how bad are they? I will be driving a WagonR.
Nothing too bad. Road conditions are decent - in fact, lots of places had ongoing repair work so by the time you go, things should be better. More than the road condition, it is the truck traffic and local traffic that mess things up, especially after getting pampered by the awesome BLR-HYD and HYD-VJW highways
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 10:32   #208
Distinguished - BHPian

I will be driving to Bhubaneswar, starting from Hyderabad tomorrow. Based on when I can start from Hyderabad (after office), I will make a halt at Rajahmundry (if I start by 2PM latest) or Vijayawada. I want to be in a hotel before 11PM. Is my assumption correct, based on the latest road and traffic condition?

Any suggestion for a decent hotel at the entry/exit of Vijayawada and Rajahmundry for night halt?

Thanks in advance,
Ashis
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:20   #209
BHPian

Quote:
I will be driving to Bhubaneswar, starting from Hyderabad tomorrow. Based on when I can start from Hyderabad (after office), I will make a halt at Rajahmundry (if I start by 2PM latest) or Vijayawada. I want to be in a hotel before 11PM. Is my assumption correct, based on the latest road and traffic condition?

Any suggestion for a decent hotel at the entry/exit of Vijayawada and Rajahmundry for night halt?

Thanks in advance,
Ashis
Hi Ashis,

Hyd-VJA will take around 4 hours and exiting VJA takes atleast 1 hour. VJA-RJY will be around 3.5 - 4 hours (for the 200 KMs). So if you start by 2 PM , you can reach Rajahmundry by 10/11 PM. For a nights stay, you can search the hotels along the NH16 bypass in Rajahmundry.

Last time, we stayed at Hotel Anand Regency and it was good and also nearby to entry/exit from NH16. They give corporate discount as well, you can call in advance and confirm.

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
sriswe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2018, 16:20   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance,
Ashis
If you get delayed and feel like resting overnight in Vijaywada, Hotel Aira beside Benz Circle is decent. Charges around 3 K per day, but call them in advance as they have only 35 or 40 rooms. There are plenty of other hotels within 1 km from there. But Benz Circle is the most happening place in Vijaywada, like Rd # 36, Jubilee Hills in Hyderabad.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks