Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2019, 11:08   #136
BHPian

Re: Chennai to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks for the update. Do you really meant, you did Tirupati to Poonammalee in just 1 hour from 4.30 pm to 5.30 pm?

Not really. I happened to leave the Tiruchanur turnoff at 1630 hr and was fortunate to have light traffic all the way through to Poonammallee. The speeds maintained on the highway were not excessive. I may have seen 1730 hrs on the clock while entering Thiruvallur town instead of Poonamallee as mentioned in my post. The route taken was the regular Chennai-Porur-Poonamallee-Thiruvallur-Tirutani-Tirupathi road and back

Last edited by ampere : 4th July 2019 at 13:26. Reason: compacted quoted post + Formatted
Desmodromic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 17:38   #137
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone done this route recently? The last post was exactly 2 years ago.

I am planning to go via Tirupathi back to Bangalore from Mylapore tomorrow. Also planning to avoid Chittoor and go via Madanapalle and then join Hoskote, just to do a different route and longer drive than the usual Chennai-Blore route.

Last edited by tharian : 5th July 2021 at 17:40.
Old 6th July 2021, 12:05   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone done this route recently? The last post was exactly 2 years ago.

I am planning to go via Tirupathi back to Bangalore from Mylapore tomorrow. Also planning to avoid Chittoor and go via Madanapalle and then join Hoskote, just to do a different route and longer drive than the usual Chennai-Blore route.
I did Chennai-Tirupati-Bangalore on Jan 1st 2021. You can refer to my posts in Bangalore-Tirupati Thread.
To answer you in short, Chennai-Tirupati via Tiruvallur-Tiruttani-Nagari, the road conditions are very good. Nothing to worry, and it remains same as usual.

Bangalore-Tirupati conditions remain same - upto Chittoor, roads are good. Beyond that still constructions are going on and don't expect anything good. You can go to Tirupati via KothapalliMitta route crossing chittoor town.

If i were you, i would still recommend to take Chittoor-KothapalliMitta route rather than Madanapalle route.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 13:11   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Has anyone done this route recently?
Have taken Naidupeta-Kalahasti and Tiruvallur-Tiruttani. Neither route is great.

Thirumazhisai-Tiruvallur has moderate to heavy traffic till Tiruttani throughout the day, except early mornings maybe. You won't cross 60-70 till Tiruttani, beyond Tiruttani things ease out and you can do about 80-90.

Naidupeta-Kalahasti is 40 km more. You'll do slightly higher speeds on the 4-lane section till Naidupeta and the wide 2-lane section from Naidupeta.

I usually prefer the latter for relatively less 2-wheeler traffic even though it is longer.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 18:41   #140
BHPian

Took the Tambaram-Tirumazhisai- Tiruvallur-Nagari-Puttur-Tirupati road. This route is best for day time travel. Countless no of unmarked speed breakers, no median for almost 40% of the route. 90% of the road surface is good and you can maintain speeds up to 90KMPH. Anything more than that is not recommended.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 16:00   #141
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Need your inputs on the best route to Tirumala for a 5 AM start from Chrompet

1) Outer Ring Road -> Pattabiram -> Thiruvallur -> Tirupathi
2) Poonamallee -> Tirumazhisai -> Tiruvallur -> Tirupathi

TIA
Old 6th November 2021, 20:11   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns94 View Post
Hi everyone,

Need your inputs on the best route to Tirumala for a 5 AM start from Chrompet

1) Outer Ring Road -> Pattabiram -> Thiruvallur -> Tirupathi
2) Poonamallee -> Tirumazhisai -> Tiruvallur -> Tirupathi

TIA
Former is better from driving experience perspective and faster. For a 5 AM start, there is not going to be much traffic anyway.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 05:13   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Former is better from driving experience perspective and faster. For a 5 AM start, there is not going to be much traffic anyway.

-Ravi
Thank you. I took the Tirumazhisai - > Tiruvallur onward and ORR on the way back. Took the same time but heavy local traffic all the way from Tiruvallur till ORR junction.
ns94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 12:07   #144
Senior - BHPian

TTDC allows advance booking for its daily Tirupati tour

Source: The Hindu

Quote:
The Tamil Nadu Tourism Development Corporation (TTDC) has extended advance booking time to seven days for its popular daily Tirupati tour.

This relaxation is due to the fact that the Tirumala Tirupati Devastanams extending the advance booking for tourism corporations. This new facility will come into effect from June 15, said a press release from the TTDC.

Pilgrims have been requested to plan and book the tickets for their Tirupati darshan accordingly. For details, contact TTDC, Tourism Complex, 2, Wallajah Road, Chennai - 600002 (ph: 044-2533333).
Old 10th October 2022, 13:21   #145
BHPian

I am planning a trip from Tirupati to Chennai in November. I will arrive in Tirupati from Bangalore and will continue to Chennai next day. Google Maps is showing me two routes - both are showing similar distance and time.

Chennai to Tirupati : Route Queries-unsaved-image-1.jpg

Though most posts here in this thread are about the route via Thiruttani and Thiruvallur, I was wondering if the other route (via Puttur > Uthukkottai > Sholavaram) is also good? Any help is highly appreciated.
Old 10th October 2022, 14:41   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post
I was wondering if the other route (via Puttur > Uthukkottai > Sholavaram) is also good?
Periyapalayam-Uthukottai is narrower and lesser traffic. However there are towns enroute that don't have bypass.

Tiruvallur-Tiruttani wider tolled road. If you need a stopover for food enroute, then Tiruvallur route is your choice. Tiruvallur will need 5-10 minutes to cross.

The route distance will depend on your destination, given the urban sprawl.

Renigunta-Naidupeta is a no-go for now, due to the road expansion exercise.
narayans80 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 18:58   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaprasoon View Post
Though most posts here in this thread are about the route via Thiruttani and Thiruvallur, I was wondering if the other route (via Puttur > Uthukkottai > Sholavaram) is also good? Any help is highly appreciated.

You didn't mention the final destination at Chennai. The route suggestion may vary. But, given all the routes Tirutani->Thiruvallur route is favored for it being the widest of the roads as on date, have better Tea shops and Hotels.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:54   #148
Senior - BHPian

In addition to what saisree and narayan mentioned, note that there is almost no good restaurants between Tirupati till Tiruvallur, except for small tea shops. Ideally you don't really need to break for this ~150 kms distance, if you time your travel, so that you can break only for tea/coffee in between. However, post tirupati the next best choice for food is PS4 in Tiruvallur, but i would recommend you finish your food in PS4 in Tirupati itself ( there are 2 branches - one in Alipiri road and other near Tiruchanoor ).

As saisree mentioned, better to go with Tiruttani-Tiruvallur route,as i think you really don't want to experiment others.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 13:31   #149
Senior - BHPian

One point worth mentioning, November is a high risk or high rewards month, especially the second half. You have to keep monitoring the weather. Our darshan on 19th November was washed out as the entire Tirupati town and ghat was deluged.

For this reason, November sees relatively less crowd.

Quote:
However, post tirupati the next best choice for food is PS4 in Tiruvallur, but i would recommend you finish your food in PS4 in Tirupati itself
PS4 Tirupati is awesome.

Akshaya Bhavan in Tiruvallur is good as well. GRT on Tiruttani bypass is OK.

Last edited by narayans80 : 11th October 2022 at 13:32.
Old 11th October 2022, 14:31   #150
Senior - BHPian

I forgot about the rains in November. I have my tickets booked for the 23rd. Fingers crossed now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks