Team-BHP - Good Hotels in Chiplun (enroute to Goa?)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Good Hotels in Chiplun (enroute to Goa?) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27122-good-hotels-chiplun-enroute-goa.html)

Planning a trip with the family to Goa later this month. My parents arent keen on doing the entire 9 hour drive non-stop so we thought of doing a one-nighter in Chiplun.

Any good (and clean) hotels around there?

I had stayed back in the Taj at Chiplun, that was 10 years ago, if not more.
Was a nice pleasant place to be at, plush gardens, discotheque, good restaurant (they had only one main one back then), entertaining enough to be at for a short stay.

manson.

Taj is now Quality Inn Riverview. Still an excellent property, the best you can get in Chiplun. It is around 6 kms before Chiplun, just before the down ghat starts.

In case you don't want to stay in this expensive place, there are several other hotels. You can try Hotel Vanasthali which is on the bypass itself. As soon as you cross the junction (left-Koyna/Karad, right-Chiplun town), you will see the hotel on your right within 200 metres.

Ive visited the Taj there, its a lower placed brand. Seemed very nice.

HI,

I recently stopped over at the Quality Inn(Taj Earlier) on my drive back from Goa for lunch in May 2007. Still as nice a place and the food is really good.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by hvkumar (Post 520077)
You can try Hotel Vanasthali which is on the bypass itself. As soon as you cross the junction (left-Koyna/Karad, right-Chiplun town), you will see the hotel on your right within 200 metres.

Sorry, got the name wrong - it is Hotel Vanashree.

Awesome, thanks guys. Taj / Quality Inn it is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 520464)
Awesome, thanks guys. Taj / Quality Inn it is!

book in advnace they are often full (being the only decent hotel around). Also there are hotels in Lote that can be used in an emergency.

BTW Taj/Quanity Inn has excellenct food. Their bar needs upgrading though, dont even think about margarithas and daquiris think beer and rum-and-coke.

Hi GTO,

Do update us on your trip and road conditions. I am planning to do this stretch sometime, perhaps later this year, subject to wifey agreeing. She doesnt like road journeys greater than 3-4 hrs. The other factor is my daughter aged 6, who will possibly get cranky.

It is now the Gateway Riverview. It's located 10Kms before Chiplun in the Parshuram Village. have a look-see here:
Taj Hotels - Gateway Riverview Lodge, Chiplun

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram18 (Post 525663)
It is now the Gateway Riverview. It's located 10Kms before Chiplun in the Parshuram Village. have a look-see here:
Taj Hotels - Gateway Riverview Lodge, Chiplun

When the Taj managed this hotel, it used to be Gateway Riverview Lodge, but since the last 1-2 years, it has been taken over by Quality Inn. I have been to this hotel recently.

As for the website link, there is a mistake in the website - although teh above link does mention the Gateway Hotel, but if you see further, this hotel is not listed in the Hotel Directory of the Taj Group.