Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2007, 14:54   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Whats not decided? Whether you have something nice going on there? haa haa haaaa... But then Hyderabad Goa drive is really marvellous. Amazing roads... the real fun of driving is here. I can not fathom making 850-900 kms in a day otherwise. By the way, did you try out the Karnataka waala route?
Haha, if my wife hears about that, she is going to come behind me with a sharp instrument

I havent decided which route to take, i will go through your travelogue again before leaving and will take a print-out and go. Last couple of visits was the same maharastra route, which i didnt find too bad.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:03   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ok, so you are going to be lodged at Amrutha Castle. Thats best western group. The same guys who also run the Country Club resorts (crappy time sharing schemes!). But Amrutha Castle indeed looks grand, and is made to look like a castle. Lot of places around... Imax (Prasadz), Lumbini park, NTR gradens, Buddha statue in Hussain Sagar, Birla mandir. Indira Park in the daytime with Ramakrishna Mission opposite to it (if you choose to)... lot of places nearby. Good place all in all. Abbe pehle pohonch to jaa... Hyderabad has a good few places around it as well. Not to forget all the food you can wolf down. After Kolkata this has to be the next city for the Foodies (or maybe even equivalent to Kolkata).
Zappo da, reminding me of my time in Hyderabad...

BP, You can also visit Bharat Sevashram Sanga (Kali mandir), we used to have nice Kalipuja and bhog during my time...visit of Birla Mandir, Salarjung Meuseum, Golconda Fort is must for you...Dont miss the museum !!! 3 hours will pass in no time...There is also Osman Sagar, Himayat Sagar a little further...but depending upon your time, pls do a one day trip Nagarjuna sagar...

You will get some nice/cheap pearls in Hyd, Bring some extra money to buy them (people in hyd can guide you well, during my time there was this Jagadumba Pearls in Charminar/Afzalgunj)...

OT: When you enter from the RingRoad, you will come Uppal Cross Road, you see Kendriya Vidyalaya No1 Uppal, that is where i passed my 10th and 12th...

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 8th August 2007 at 15:04.
Old 8th August 2007, 15:59   #48
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Falaknuma palace some facts:
covers a total area of 9,39,712 square meters.

it took six months to clean a 138-arm Osler chandelier and the palace has 40 such chandeliers adorning the halls ! The famed dining hall of the palace could seat 100 guests on a single table. The furniture is also very aesthetic. The chairs are carved rosewood with green leather upholstery. The tableware was made of gold and crystal to which fluted music was added.
links:
FALAKNUMA PALACE
Falaknuma Palace Photo Gallery by Alex Wan at pbase.com
chow mohalla is open for public
link: The Telegraph - Calcutta : Nation
Old 8th August 2007, 16:14   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
You will get some nice/cheap pearls in Hyd, Bring some extra money to buy them (people in hyd can guide you well, during my time there was this Jagadumba Pearls in Charminar/Afzalgunj)
Best is to go straight to Charminar and buy the pearls from there. If shopping done in Jagdamba or any other big places in city centre, they easily take you for a ride for double or sometimes triple the actual cost that you get in old city.
Old 8th August 2007, 16:46   #50
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to all once again for the inputs and advices.. I am very excited about the trip and the last two days seem to be eternal

O.T - Had a very bad day today as a thief opened the rear wind screen of my wife's alto last night but thankfully has not been able to take anything. But he has landed me up in a mess as I cant repaier the car today due to some bandh in Kolkata (I dont know what bandh it is exactly but the woekshops are closed .
Old 8th August 2007, 17:13   #51
Senior - BHPian

If it is not safe to park the car in that condition at your home, you could consider bringing it to office tomorrow. Keep it at the office car park while you are away.
Old 8th August 2007, 17:18   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
O.T - Had a very bad day today as a thief opened the rear wind screen of my wife's alto last night but thankfully has not been able to take anything. But he has landed me up in a mess as I cant repaier the car today due to some bandh in Kolkata (I dont know what bandh it is exactly but the woekshops are closed .
Urgh... thats bad. He failed to take or he did not find anything to take? Because if he opened it he should have been able to take away anything unless you smartly removed the audio panel (mainly that is what they try to still).

Yeah... my wife was saying that there is a strike in Kolkata today. She is in Kolkata for today to attend a marriage. I think it has something to do with Labor Rights or some such stuff. Obviously that means its the workshops that will be closed today. But I guess you can get it done tomorrow.
Old 8th August 2007, 18:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
... but if you are a fast driver you can definitely do it.
No comments

Have fun dude. Drive safe and keep logs of your trip. I plan to do a roadtrip sometime soon, so will tap into your knowledge.
Will call u before u leave.
Old 9th August 2007, 11:26   #54
Team-BHP Support

got the alto repaired from a local garage last night. Another problem has cropped up - my baleno has not been out of garage for the last four days, but somebody has deliberately broken the front number plate and I have to get hold of another one today. I had got this number plate from Bangalore as I had liked the design. Getting very unhappy with the proceedings
Old 9th August 2007, 11:39   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Urgh... thats bad. He failed to take or he did not find anything to take? Because if he opened it he should have been able to take away anything unless you smartly removed the audio panel (mainly that is what they try to still).
the audio panel was there and still he did not take it. Later realised that he has taken only a fuel filter which I had bought a few days back but did not get the time to install. Strange thief
Old 9th August 2007, 12:50   #56
Senior - BHPian

Fuel filter huh? Maybe there is a spare parts crisis that we are not aware of!
Too bad about the number plate. We're all going through some bad times (car-wise) I guess. The Vtec got swiped by a bus while we were standing at the lights today. Took out the left RVM, but thankfully no body damage.
Old 9th August 2007, 12:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

@ BP - time for getting her (the alto) the "lebu-lonka" (nimbu-mirchi)

on a serious note - do you park your car in your "ghar ka" garage? may be the MASS guys broke it and you didnt notice that??
Old 9th August 2007, 15:15   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
@ BP - time for getting her (the alto) the "lebu-lonka" (nimbu-mirchi)

on a serious note - do you park your car in your "ghar ka" garage? may be the MASS guys broke it and you didnt notice that??
yup, lebu lonka seems to be the answer ...
no way the MASS guys could have broken it and avoid my eyes. One of my friends told me that the thief may broken it (as it is of fibre glass) and used the sharp edge for cutting the rubber on the alto. It may be a possibility buts seems to far fetched somehow

Last edited by Zappo : 9th August 2007 at 17:14. Reason: Only two smilies per post please.
Old 9th August 2007, 16:05   #59
Senior - BHPian

arey i was talking about the broken number plate - are you sure that the MASS guys didnt break the number plate somehow.

the nimbu-mirchi thingy for your wifey's Alto
Old 9th August 2007, 16:10   #60
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
arey i was talking about the broken number plate - are you sure that the MASS guys didnt break the number plate somehow.

the nimbu-mirchi thingy for your wifey's Alto
arey Planet - I perfectly understood the post. What I meant to say is that the MASS guys could not have broken the number plate as the entire servicing was done in front of me and I am sure it was intact.
Since both the Baleno and Alto are kept in the same garage, my friend told me that it was a possiblity that the thief has broken the number plate to use it as a sharp tool for cutting the rubber of the rear wind screen of the Alto. Hope it is not as confsuing as it seems

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks