Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
... and Logan Airport, Boston.
and for Minneapolis & Toronto,

3 $ for a trolley
Old 25th September 2007, 16:40   #212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
By the way, last week i flew Indian (previosly known as Indian Airlines) for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised to find that leg space was not an issue for me, even though i am 6ft 3! And i wasnt sitting on the emergency exit row either. Although, i did ask the lady at the check-in counter to give me an emergency exit seat. And she did say ok too. I guess some things will never change.

But the flight was good. They even had an in-flight entertainment system, just like Kingfisher! Not bad at all for a ticket that cost 1/3rd of a Kingfisher ticket. I finally got to watch Bheja Fry.

Amitoj
So you finally got a chance to ride the new aircraft Indian ordered. Lucky you. I've been waiting for those.
So they showed a whole movie?? Thats fantastic, Kingfisher just shows TV shows. I'm looking forward to flying these aircrafts.

I'd like to point out 2 things.

As a thumbrule: Airbus A320s have a few inches of legroom more than Boeing 737s. For taller people this is a great necessity.
The easiest thing to do is fly airlines that fly Airbus. Kingfisher, Indigo, Indian Airlines.
While Spicejet and Go and JEtLite fly 737s, they still have more legroom than Jet. Jet is a cattle carrier in the eco. Worst legroom possible.

You may have got that particular Indian flight a whole lot cheaper than KF, generally getting it for a third of the price is not possible (similar timed flight).

Yes, but I agree, KF is never the best available deal anymore.
Old 25th September 2007, 17:33   #213
Senior - BHPian

Surprise surprise. Air Deccan is now on time. Their air hostesses smile. And they give you a complimentary bottle of Kingfisher.
Old 25th September 2007, 20:26   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Surprise surprise. Air Deccan is now on time. Their air hostesses smile. And they give you a complimentary bottle of Kingfisher.
wow i'l beleive it when i experience it. usually it never happens as their flights never take off especially when i am booked on them!
Old 25th September 2007, 20:30   #215
Senior - BHPian

A bottle of Kingfisher beer, or water?
Old 26th September 2007, 10:05   #216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
wow i'l beleive it when i experience it. usually it never happens as their flights never take off especially when i am booked on them!
Isnt the part in bold self-explanatory?!

Just kidding, buddy.

I have flown Air Deccan only twice, and luckily they were on time on both occassions. I did the Bangalore-Hyderabad route.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:21   #217
Senior - BHPian

I've tried AD on multiple occasions & every time the delay was a minimum of 1 hour. At one time the delay got extended to 2+ hours. And remember none of these flights were weather affected.

Needless to say, I don't fly with them anymore.
Old 26th September 2007, 14:23   #218
BHPian

Have flown with Air Deccan quite a number of times. And, I must say they are very, very consistent in providing an unpleasant experience to their customers.

Over 90% of the times my AD flights has been delayed (once for 1 hour flight, I had to wait at the airport for 7 hrs!!). The service at the airports counters is always poor. Their systems (specially at the Mumbai airport) are always down.

Once, I managed to get Mum-Del-Mum return ticket for Re.1 + taxes. Mumbai to Delhi journey was fine. But, on my return, when I went to the Delhi airport, the AD staff to my shock told me that my ticket has been canceled. Whew! Which airline cancels a passenger's ticket without a confirmation/request from the passenger himself/herself.

And, the funny part of the whole episode was that, according to their system, even my Mum-Delhi (which I already covered) had been canceled. LOL!

I have never traveled on AD ever since!

IMO, if you are a budget traveler, likes of JetLite & Indigo are a better options than AD anyday.. even if they cost you few more bucks!
Old 26th September 2007, 19:37   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Once, I managed to get Mum-Del-Mum return ticket for Re.1 + taxes.

what else do ya expect in Re. 1? Two choloromints only....huh!
Old 15th October 2007, 13:18   #220
Team-BHP Support

Singapore Airline updates

Check in on the net - best thing since sliced bread and you can select your seat. Got a front seat and lot of leg space. Things are a lot easier as all you need to do is go to the internet check in counter, dunk your bags, get your boarding pass and you are processed.

If the check in staff are not SIA or european (they are too process oriented), spin a story about an urgent train to catch - got my bags priority tagged so although I was a bit delayed at immigration, I was out of the grotty bangalore airport in 30 min flat. The malay women are so sweet if you talk to them nicely. This only works if you are flying SIA throughout

Buy your dutyfree on your way to your destination. I bung it in the check in bags so therefore you have less to hold during your journey back
Old 15th October 2007, 13:27   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
what else do ya expect in Re. 1? Two choloromints only....huh!
Panky,

It still costed me close to 3k for a round-trip. And, if thats why I got pathetic service from AD, its their fault - they shouldn't have lowered their fares to such ridiculous levels!
Old 15th October 2007, 13:32   #222
Team-BHP Support

Go Air. Efficient, friendly staff, if a bit lacking in finish. Planes are clean. Single class seating. Legroom between seats is terrible. Worst I've ever experienced. Make sure you ask for the exit seat or else risk sitting with you head in your knees for the duration of the flight. Also, the seats are terribly uncomfortable because of the absolute lack of lower back support. The seat back actually curves inwards and you end up sitting like a hunchback.
Old 23rd October 2007, 13:49   #223
BHPian

Today I was booking tickets from Kolkata to Port Blair through yatra.com. And guess what, Kingfisher tickets are available for less than half of Air Deccan.

What the world has come to???

\N
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:00   #224
BHPian

Even I was looking for Delhi-Pune-Delhi flight on cleartrip. Price of Deccan's ticket was cheaper than Kingfisher but costlier than Jet!

Has anybody traveled on Deccan off-late?
Old 23rd October 2007, 14:30   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Has anybody traveled on Deccan off-late?
I am going to fly Deccan this week-end (Delhi to Goa). Will update about my experience.

\N

Most Viewed