Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2007, 14:48   #241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
My experience with Simplifly Deccan last week -
1. It has improved by leaps and bounds. Dr. Mallaya effect shows.
\N
Well thats sumthin nice to know. I had no other option but to book tkts to coimbatore on Deccan. but its the ATR. Hope that's also revamped. Last time i travelled by the Deccan ATRs, they had put in black leather seat covers.

Quote:
5. There was soap in toilets :-)
\N
Are there toilets in the ATRs?

Quote:
P.S. Missed something - now seat numbers are allocated at the time of check-in like any other air-line, so no mad scramble for seats.
\N
are you sure? on my eticket printout its mentioned that free seating policy is still being followed...
Old 21st November 2007, 20:34   #242
BHPian

just came from Delhi last evening it was my first time on a flight . There was drama at Delhi airport on the 18th some passenger had boarded late the captain of the flight refused to fly and walked out,so it was delayed by one hour, finally when the flight landed at Bangalore airport and everything seem to be normal but no the flight number on the ticket mentioned 211 but the flight which was ready for take off had a different number, 205...when we boarded the flight there was major issues with the seating the since the runway had to close by 1.30pm the captain announced to take any seat which is available.Nine passengers were without seat. some canceled their tickets and some were put on a 5.30pm flight for free .

since i have not been on any other flight let me give my views on the crew, it was Kingfisher airlines. They were very efficient all passengers are treated like kings and one thing i observed is on the return flight they were giving extra attention to lady passengers this i don't know why and also they addressed some passengers as "sir" this i didn't like because there were some senior citizens, sometimes i felt bored sitting on a two hour flight i am wondering now how do people sit on fourteen flights etc.Overall it was a good experience
Old 23rd November 2007, 12:35   #243
Senior - BHPian

I travelled by Air deccan 10 days ago. They still suck. The plane which was supposed to start at 9.30 tookoff only at 12.50 and the worst part was there was chaos on the airport in mumbai and when a person asks the staff Where is your plane her replies I dont Know Sir
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:07   #244
BHPian

Hi Sam,
Thanks a ton for your elaborated details about flying domestic in an international flight. It was of great help !
All the things went smooth except the thing that at delhi i had to go from International terminal to Domestic Terminal by my own, they only transfer those flyers who have onwards journey tickets !!!
One more thing, the great AI had not checked my ID at any point !!! I had an e-ticket only.
The plane condition was showing signs of ageing !
Moreover there were 2 instances where one seat was allocated to two persons !!! Cant believe this how that can happen !!
They have to give seats to the other person in the business class..but i still wonder how can that happen, 2 person...same boarding pass !!!
I am wondering how their IT system works, there is a flaw in that !
But definitely made up my mind that If I got any opportunity to fly outside India, I will not go by Air India, reasons : pathetic aircrafts, worst services, 2 passengers-one seat!! , etc, etc.

Anyways one update, i dont know whether somebody has already posted it or not, GoAir has started charging for Water too. 500 ml bottle for 10 Rs !!!
Now I can see those days were not far when there will be a board on the loo with :
"Pee : Rs. 10. Sandas : Rs : 30"

Hahahahahahah !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 27th November 2007, 19:16   #245
BHPian

+100 Wow an extremely well written article and very informative too
Old 28th November 2007, 00:15   #246
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy876 View Post
Sam, still waiting to read your experience on easyJet mate(SXF-BUD)...Lets just say I'm not an unbiased reader!
Cheers.
P.S.: Guess I'll need to accept forum etiquette and drop an introductory line before i hope to see this post!
Wow! Did I actually forget to post an experience on an airline?

EasyJet: Called all kinds of names, including SleazyJet by the English, I was honestly not expecting much.

After all I had flown air france domestic from Paris to Berlin and the food sucked, the crew were not very nice and I was told domestic flights in Europe are just like that.

EasyJet had great presence, as you can see from the photo of the aircraft.

The crew were English, polite and well spoken. Food was purchased on board, I did not try it. The seating was not very good, very little leg room and the air quality on board was poor.
But considering I paid little for this flight, it was worth it. Next time I'm flying German Wings though.
Old 28th November 2007, 00:18   #247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
All in all, I'd say Spice is the best of the budget airlines. Would surely fly it again.
I'll wait for you to try Indigo. You'll be very impressed.
Old 28th November 2007, 00:22   #248
Team-BHP Support

Yup i somehow started liking Indigo, clean flights, prompt service and some good looking hostess
Old 28th November 2007, 15:48   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler View Post
are you sure? on my eticket printout its mentioned that free seating policy is still being followed...
My flight from pune to bangalore had free seating.
There was this one passenger who had done a tele checkin and boarded late only to find that there are no fixed seat numbers. On inquiring he was told by the cabin crew that the flight from bangalore to pune has fixed seats but not the one from pune to bangalore . Don't understand the logic.

But I could see improvements. The flight was on time. Free water and smiling air hostesses is a good start to go forward.

- Jag
Old 29th November 2007, 14:20   #250
Senior - BHPian

Well has anyone tried out the sandwich on board indigo?? Its yummy for an airline.
Old 29th November 2007, 14:31   #251
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
Well has anyone tried out the sandwich on board indigo?? Its yummy for an airline.
Yes it is lovely. That's why in my article I said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Indigo

Like AD, you have to buy your food here. 100 bucks for a chicken sandwich and 25 bucks for a Diet Coke or Juice. It seemed a little expensive, but I was hungry. I was treated to a fresh, soft and fairly large chicken sandwich that I enjoyed very much.It was worth the 100 bucks.
Old 29th November 2007, 15:07   #252
Senior - BHPian

Well sam can we have just ratings for food on each airline??
I feel Kingfisher or jet will win but some birdie told me that the food on sahara is good
Old 29th November 2007, 15:21   #253
Distinguished - BHPian

To tell you the truth, there are only 2 domestic air-caterers. SkyGourmet (Mars restaurants, the guys that run Birdies, China Joe, Gordon House and more) and TajSats.

AFAIK Indian Airlines uses TajSats and almost everyone else uses SkyGourmet. However, I guess depending on the budget and selection, the food varies.

My best food experiences have been on Kingfisher, Indian airlines and Jet.
For some reason both Indian and KF skip salad, going straight for the main course and dessert.
Jet still maintains a small degree of elaboration with a croissant, some salad, main course and then dessert.
Old 29th November 2007, 16:16   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Yes it is lovely. That's why in my article I said
The sandwiches sold on Indigo are made at the Taj Ambassador, Delhi.
Worth the price.
Old 29th November 2007, 20:43   #255
BHPian

loved the food on Kingfisher, non-veg btw.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks