Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2008, 22:10   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys are real dogs. She read everything today and I had to explain everything. Everything.

Yes Nura, I am an expert on Thailand. I have been there often and for many days on end. It is one of my favourite holiday destinations and for all the morally right reasons.
Quote:
Are there any special issues with dollar transactions on an Indian credit card?
There are no issues as such. But it is said that Thailand is not a safe place to use your international credit card.
Normally, the if you use it in thailand, upon your return the bank will call you and replace your card at no charge. So it is a precaution that banks take. I've never had a mishap, but if the banks are being careful, there must a reason.

Even if your card is used at a 5star hotel.

Since then, I prefer to take my ATM card and withdraw from cash machines. Never had a problem.

Regardless of Thailand always make sure that your credit card issuing bank has your mobile number. And remember you can leave instructions with them like "If this card is ever used above Rs. 5000/- please sms me- If this card is used over 10,000/- please call me" etc.
Old 15th March 2008, 22:27   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
You guys are real dogs. She read everything today and I had to explain everything. Everything.
EVERYTHING? You havent had enough time to explain everything...

I guess that everything about Thailand. How many more places to go?
Old 15th March 2008, 22:48   #318
BHPian

Thanks for your reply, Sam. I will hopefully not need to use my credit card in Thailand. Is it safe to use the card to book hotels in Pattaya & Bangkok on an internet site like asiarooms.com? I will be doing this in India a week or so before we leave for Thailand. Would appreciate tips from experienced card users.
Thanks in advance.
Old 15th March 2008, 23:50   #319
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Woof Woof,

We are just ensuring that she gets to know you well. I think you do a better job of describing rather than explaining

Last edited by ajmat : 16th March 2008 at 08:33.
Old 16th March 2008, 00:00   #320
Senior - BHPian

Aaaaooooooooooooo....chalo at least she's clear on more part of our Yeteshwar's life! Only 999,999,999 more aspects to go!!
Old 18th March 2008, 14:55   #321
BHPian

Looks like Deccan Air is withdrawing many of its current non-remunerative domestic flights where there is a conflict with KF. Was trying to get a ticket to TRV for Vishu and was told that there will be no direct flights to TRV from April onwards.
Old 18th March 2008, 15:40   #322
Senior - BHPian

If you ask someone to pick you up from Delhi domestic airport, please keep in mind that it takes 20 to 30 minutes to get to the terminal from the aircraft. And if you are more than 6 feet tall, then make sure you get a seat on the bus to the terminal.

I flew Jetlite recently and the experience was not really pleasant. They dont serve meals anymore. All you get is a stone cold burger and a cupcake with a small bottle of water. The airhostesses still smile though. And it was the first time i witnessed a case where two busloads of passengers were asked to remain in the bus because the aircraft was still being cleaned!
Old 18th March 2008, 15:58   #323
Senior - BHPian

In my last Intl travel, I flew Finn Air from Delhi to Helsinki and back!

I am impressed with their service, very punctual, pleasant Stewards, decent legroom even on Economy seats, food was ok, good connectivity to Europe & US and competitive fares too.

Hope they start flying from Bangalore too.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:15   #324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
If you ask someone to pick you up from Delhi domestic airport, please keep in mind that it takes 20 to 30 minutes to get to the terminal from the aircraft. And if you are more than 6 feet tall, then make sure you get a seat on the bus to the terminal.
This, IMO, will depend from airline to airline. Some airlines may have ramps closer to the terminal. Even the buses that take passengers to the terminal will be different for different airlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
I flew Jetlite recently and the experience was not really pleasant. They dont serve meals anymore. All you get is a stone cold burger and a cupcake with a small bottle of water.
Wasn't the case last time I travelled Jet Lite. Are you sure this isn't the case just because your travel time fell in some non breakfast/ lunch/ dinner hours?
Old 18th March 2008, 16:20   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
This, IMO, will depend from airline to airline. Some airlines may have ramps closer to the terminal. Even the buses that take passengers to the terminal will be different for different airlines.

Wasn't the case last time I travelled Jet Lite. Are you sure this isn't the case just because your travel time fell in some non breakfast/ lunch/ dinner hours?
Ok, so i will modify the first part. If travelling by Jetlite, then keep in mind the travel time to the terminal from the aircraft.

Regarding food, i had taken the 7:30AM flight from Bangalore to Delhi, and 5:30PM flight from Delhi to Bangalore (a week apart), and on both occasions, they served a burger and a cupcake (veg only, no nonveg option). Atleast the morning flight was not an in-between mealtime flight. I was also under the impression that they served full meals, thats why i had booked jetlite. But it turned out that i was under the wrong impression.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:24   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I did travel on JetLite last week - morning flight to Mumbai and they serverd exactly what Amitoj wrote above.
Old 18th March 2008, 16:43   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
(veg only, no nonveg option). Atleast the morning flight was not an in-between mealtime flight. I was also under the impression that they served full meals, thats why i had booked jetlite.
Hmm, that clears up the confusion. Havent come across a full service airline without a non-veg meal. Thats a sure sign of watered down services.
Old 19th March 2008, 09:41   #328
BHPian

hey guys,

we flew back jetlite from trivandrum to delhi in feb and i was pleasantly surprised. yeah the food was all veggie, but in a good wholesome - (if you can call airline food wholesome!!) way. the flight left on time and got into delhi 15 mins late thanks to congestion.

only thing was that since we were on our way back from a 6 day shoot, we had a fair amount of stuff. on the outbound, indian had not charged us a paisa but on the inbound, we got hammered for 12 kilos (about 6800 was the hit on the credit card!) also one of the loaders came to me and surreptiously whispered that had i told him earlier - the damages would have been SUBSTANTIALLY less... "wink wink".

internationally - i'd recommend you try srilankan sometime. jesus! they are the most under rated but insanely fantastic airline i have flown in a long time - and i have flown a FEW!!!

cheers amigos
Old 19th March 2008, 12:10   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
internationally - i'd recommend you try srilankan sometime. jesus! they are the most under rated but insanely fantastic airline i have flown in a long time - and i have flown a FEW!!!
I tried them back in 2003-4 & swore to never fly with them again. Poor service, cramped aircraft, no liquor and middle-aged fat air hostesses who wouldn't even give as much as a hint of a smile!
Old 19th March 2008, 12:35   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Poor service, cramped aircraft, no liquor and middle-aged fat air hostesses who wouldn't even give as much as a hint of a smile!
There lies the problem. If they had to give him liquor everything else would have seemed better.

Most Viewed