Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:24   #661
Senior - BHPian

Well food is really not a concern for such a small travel, also The other options are more than twice the price.
Old 16th August 2009, 15:06   #662
Senior - BHPian

Backpacks with frames

I have bought a backpack with a removable internal frame (a flat rod made of aluminum).
My question is would this be allowed inside as a cabin luggage or am I better of leaving frame back home when I am flying?
Here are some pics for better understanding

1. The bag
A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-dscf0497-small.jpg

2. The frame inside
A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-dscf0498-small.jpg

3. The frame completely removed
A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-dscf0499-small.jpg

- Jag
PS: The rod can definitely be used as a weapon
Old 24th August 2009, 18:30   #663
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I would be flying into India (Mumbai) from London on the 19th of sept. However since Virgin Airlines has stopped the direct Lon-MUM sector. I have been put on a flight to Delhi and from there a connecting flight to Mumbai (Jet Airways).

I know its still a month to go for the flight, but I needed to know, how should one get to the Domestic section of Delhi airport from the International. Is it far?

I have about 3 hours gap before my flight to Mumbai departs from the Domestic Terminal.

Any help would be appriecieated.
Old 24th August 2009, 20:50   #664
BHPian

There are coaches operated by DIAL from domestic to International terminal on a regular basis. The boarding point is right next to the arrival hall gate. You cannot miss it
Old 24th August 2009, 22:58   #665
Senior - BHPian

Yeah. DIAL allows you to take the airside bus - you'd transfer in about 50-70 mins on the average.

That was pre-swine flu days. Don't know how bad it may get at peak hours currently
Old 25th August 2009, 12:09   #666
Team-BHP Support

Travelled Kingfisher Red from Bangalore - Hyderabad on Saturday.
Since i had only a single bag as baggage, check-in was mighty efficient thanks to the self check-in facility, and timing adherence was perfect.

To me, Air Deccan's takeover by Kingfisher is definitely a thumbs up.
Old 4th September 2009, 23:57   #667
Senior - BHPian

A small tip to people flying Kingfisher from Bangalore (Might be true for other places as well)
Do web check-in and you'll save min half hour if you are flying in peak timing. Even if you have baggage to be checked in, you can walk in to the KF-First counters for the same rather than waiting in the long queue at the regular counters.
Old 28th October 2009, 16:24   #668
Senior - BHPian

How safe is it to book and Air India Express Flight from Mumbai to Chennai? This is around Christmas time and their fares are significantly cheaper. After the strike fiasco last month I am pretty worried about Air India and Air India Express.
Does Air India Express serve food and how is their service?
Old 28th October 2009, 19:54   #669
Senior - BHPian

Traveled with Jet Lite from Mumbai to Raipur & back. Everything from Booking to Check in, to the actual travel was very easy & efficient.

Their IVRS is good (same as jet I believe). I had booked well in advance & later the flight timings had changed which was promptly communicated to me by SMS. I did both E-check in & Phone check in & both were very easy to do.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:55   #670
Distinguished - BHPian

YetiReview - Cleartrip

It has been a while since I posted here.

I would like to commend and recommend ClearTrip. Until about 2 weeks ago I was a Yatra.com regular customer.

Actually since I started this thread, I have stopped booking directly from airline sites.
It is honestly a whole lot more convenient to book from Makemytrip and Yatra etc.
Sometimes the flights differ in price by 50 rupees or so (this is rare though), but I'd gladly pay that for the convenience of seeing all of the available flights together on one page.

I mean, I can see all flights together and arrange them as per price or as per timing etc.

I booked my first flight on cleartrip a 2 weeks ago. Since then I have made about 6 bookings on cleartrip. The website is efficient, quick and a refreshing interface with words like ooops, and great and more.

Not only that, ClearTrip also sends me a reminder sms with the PNR info 2 hours before the flight. What a convenient touch! In case I am already on the road, or have forgotten my printout, I do not have to hunt through my phone for the booking sms.

One more thing - they allowed me to book international, from any point to any point.
Both Yatra and MMT have an annoying interface where you have to first click in International Tickets and then a drop down list makes you choose a set number of destinations from India.

I was able to appreciate the lack of this when I wanted to book from Bangkok to Mumbai and return. Don't ask me why I needed this. Try as I might, Yatra would not let me choose Bangkok as my starting point.

I give Cleartrip 4.5 stars out of 5.

I have not had the chance to speak to a cleartrip representative yet on the phone but I have a feeling it will be quick and efficient too.
Old 31st October 2009, 16:09   #671
Distinguished - BHPian

Review: Go Business Class

Recently I flew to Delhi. I flew there on my favourite economy airline Indigo.

Things have changed a little since my first initial impression of Indigo. The staff are no longer as enthusiastic as they used to be. Not on ground and not in flight either.
Little else has changed, the planes are still spotlessly clean.

I'd say that Indigo loses half a star on the account of the staff.

What was an experience was the return flight to Mumbai.

I had an standard ticket back and somehow ended up with a couple of dozen glass bottles of the unmentionable to carry back. The unmentionables had been especially imported from Chile for the person in question.

Go Air security staff went crazy at the X-ray.

Sorry Sir, you cannot take all these bottles of liquid.
But they're in my checked-in baggage.
Only 5 litres of any liquid are allowed in the check in sir.

The glass bottles were packed in bubble paper and they actually opened a few and whispered to each other that I must be mad to carry so many.

To cut a long story short, the supervisor came out, very friendly chap, heard my story, understood my situation and very graciously made an exception for me. I merely requested with a smile.

At the check-in counter I was aware that I had about 30 kilos of check-in baggage.
Expecting the lady to tell me I'd have to pay extra, she said this:

Sir you have about 30 kilos of luggage. Would you like to upgrade to business class?
??
That took me by surprise.
What will I have to pay?
1000 rupees sir. Meals are complementary, extra leg room, first 3 rows seating and luggage allowance is 35 kilos.

It did not take me long to whip out my credit card.

I sat in the first row aisle (by request). Leg space was aplenty. The Gentleman sitting next to me (at the window, the middle seat is left empty on purpose) in the cowboy hat and pointy boots turned out to be a very friendly Jackie Shroff.

This is not really business class. It's just 3 rows installed in the place where 4 rows should be. That leads to about 6 to 8 inches of extra legroom. There is a curtain dividing you from the rest of the plane and one crew member only to serve this "business" class. There is no minicart pushed for you.

The lady asked me my preference, the meal was visually excellent, taste was good. I was extremely comfortable. I got water, juice and tea whenever I wanted it.

I was first on board and the first to get off.

All in all - for the money spent - Go Air Business class get 5 stars from me.
Old 31st October 2009, 16:19   #672
BHPian

And I thought Go air and Indigo were different :-/
Old 31st October 2009, 16:37   #673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
And I thought Go air and Indigo were different :-/
They are.

Perhaps I was not clear. I flew there Indigo. Returned on Go Air.
Old 31st October 2009, 16:59   #674
BHPian

incidentally, the booking of indigo is at goindigo.in (first "go" there was like the "fly" in flynorthwest/ flykingfisher)

An issue with cleartrip or yatra is that Indian Airlines (or Air India Express now) isnt in any other database. So if you are a gelf mallu and looking for a flight from BOM-COK, going to airindiaexpress site is the way to go. cheaper by a wole lot.

Last edited by determinus : 31st October 2009 at 17:12.
Old 31st October 2009, 18:18   #675
BHPian

Had an unpleasant experience with Kingfisher booking about 2 months back while booking 3 tickets for my sister.
As I was anyway going towards the Airport so decided to book at the airport counter.But before going there I checked the fare online & found promotional fares of 3700/- per person.Went to the airport but I was told at the counter that the ticket available is for 4900/-.I told her I had checked online & the fare was 3700/- but she insisted that this is the only fare available so booked three tickets for that price.
Came back home & again checked online only to find the fare of Rs 3700/- was still available.I Called up their call center only to be told that there are tickets still available for the promotional fare of 3700/-.That was it, I told her I had just booked the ticket & I was made to pay for a much higher priced ticket.She simply said I should have been offered the promotional fare & she doesn't know why I was not given the promotional fares when they were still available & asked me to contact the Airport counter & ask them.
Now this is what really takes the cake.When I called up their Airport counter & asked her why she didn't offer me the promotional fares when they were still available even now, this is what she told me.She said ,
"Our computers at the Airport don't show any promotional fares.They only show the full fare tickets as all the people who book at the airport counter do it only in case of an emergency."
Mind you, this ticket I booked was for a date which was about 3 weeks away so this emergency thing baffled me.
Found a link on the Kingfisher site for feedback which has a photo of Vijay Mallaya saying 'I am taking things personally'. Sent a complaint through that link & forget about Dr. Vijay Mallaya taking things personally, I have not even received an acknowledgment from Kingfisher even after 2 months.

Last edited by rishab.k : 31st October 2009 at 18:21.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks