Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 09:50   #676
Senior - BHPian

My BIL flew on Jet Konnect a couple of months ago from Chennai to Delhi.
Booked the ticket on MakeMyTrip. Booking was easy. The only confusion was the PNR number. There were 2 numbers forwarded (1 was MMTs and the other Jet) and the ticket they emailed me had a blank PNR. No probs though as it just takes a few moments to figure out the right PNR - I rechecked the PNR on Jet site and it was confirmed.
Flight was pretty good. They actually served food for him on the flight although it was a konnect flight!!
I've now booked a Jet Konnect flight for December in the afternoon and am wondering if they will serve lunch. The ticket says it's buy on board. Any idea how much the food costs on board?
Old 1st November 2009, 12:04   #677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
The ticket says it's buy on board. Any idea how much the food costs on board?
I think all airlines usually have these standard fares. Veg Sandwich is Rs.100 and Chicken is Rs.150. Packet of chips, Rs.50 etc.
Old 2nd November 2009, 11:56   #678
BHPian

Probably OT but important info:

Mumbai airport will be closed for six hours every Tuesday between 12 noon and 6 pm.until March2010

Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA) will be completely closed for six hours untill March 2010 due to repair and reconstruction work on the runways. The work-at the intersection of the main runway and the alternative runway- will be taken up between 12 noon and 6 pm.

This means not only that flights operations will be suspended during that time, but also that departing and arriving flights prior to the closure will have to stick strictly to their schedule, in order to avoid major delays or diversions to other airports.

Mods: I have also posted this on the International Air Travel thread.
Old 3rd December 2009, 13:37   #679
BANNED

This is in the context of my other post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nyakumari.html

Looking at flights - There seem to be a lot of direct flights from Bombay to Trivandarum but not any from Pune to Trivandarum.
Pune to Trivandarum seems to involve stops in either Madras, Bangalore or some other place. Also in many of combinations - the airline between Pune to the first stop is different from the airline between the stop to Trivandarum.

I haven't ever done any domestic flying which involved connecting flights - so I am a little concerned about how these work out. What if my first flight is delayed - does the airline transfer my 2nd ticket to the first available flight out of the airport to my final destinatione easily? Is there someone from the airlines who is co-ordinating this - mainly asking because in case of 2 different airlines being involved - the 2nd airline may not even know that I am coming to the airport in a flight which has been delayed - what's a decent time limit I should keep between the connecting flights? Also is luggage automatically transferred or would I need to get it off the conveyor & pass security & check in again - ideally I will try to make do with just hand baggage & no checkin baggage but asking anyway?
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:38   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
This is in the context of my other post - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...nyakumari.html

Looking at flights - There seem to be a lot of direct flights from Bombay to Trivandarum but not any from Pune to Trivandarum.
Pune to Trivandarum seems to involve stops in either Madras, Bangalore or some other place. Also in many of combinations - the airline between Pune to the first stop is different from the airline between the stop to Trivandarum.

I haven't ever done any domestic flying which involved connecting flights - so I am a little concerned about how these work out. What if my first flight is delayed - does the airline transfer my 2nd ticket to the first available flight out of the airport to my final destinatione easily? Is there someone from the airlines who is co-ordinating this - mainly asking because in case of 2 different airlines being involved - the 2nd airline may not even know that I am coming to the airport in a flight which has been delayed - what's a decent time limit I should keep between the connecting flights? Also is luggage automatically transferred or would I need to get it off the conveyor & pass security & check in again - ideally I will try to make do with just hand baggage & no checkin baggage but asking anyway?
i would suggest travelling the 150 odd kms to Mumbai and then taking the flight. Would be much easier and less time consuming for you.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:45   #681
BHPian

And a lot cheaper too, especially Mumbai-Kochi (or Cochin).

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
i would suggest travelling the 150 odd kms to Mumbai and then taking the flight. Would be much easier and less time consuming for you.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:48   #682
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
And a lot cheaper too, especially Mumbai-Kochi (or Cochin).

Pradeep
Bombay to Trivandrum direct flights seem to be much more expensive on the
days I am interested in. Pune->stopover->Trivandrum flight pricing seem to be half of Bombay-Trivandrum. Hence the question about connecting flights which still stands.
Old 3rd December 2009, 14:57   #683
Senior - BHPian

In case you have a connecting flight between different airlines, then you'll have to do your own luggage transfer. Same airlines except the low cost ones will do the transfer for you.
Old 4th December 2009, 12:34   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was looking for same for flight from Pune to Trivandrum but as you mentioned, the flights are combinations and no direct flight. I dropped the idea to fly from Pune or Mumbai as it will not save much time for me to travel from Baramati. Finally , booked train tickets.
Old 4th December 2009, 13:12   #685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I was looking for same for flight from Pune to Trivandrum but as you mentioned, the flights are combinations and no direct flight. I dropped the idea to fly from Pune or Mumbai as it will not save much time for me to travel from Baramati. Finally , booked train tickets.
How much time for train from Baramati to Trivandrum?
Old 4th December 2009, 13:25   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
I dropped the idea to fly from Pune or Mumbai as it will not save much time for me to travel from Baramati. Finally , booked train tickets.
In the bold, please read as "it will not save much working day time"

Quote:
How much time for train from Baramati to Trivandrum?
Actually,
baramati to trivandrum is @ 30 hr train journey.
its like this,
1] if i fly from pune,
i have to start from baramati at@ 3 am and will reach to trivandrum in the evening on that day. so, i will loose that day for any work.
2] if i fly from mumbai,
i have to start from baramati at @ 1 am and will reach to trivandrum @ late morning or early afternoon. as i have not slept earlier night on that day, i will not work in trivandrum on that day. so again, i will loose that working day.
3] if i go by train,
i will start in the evening and will reach to trivandrum on next day at @ 8pm.
i will loose the working day in any case and i have chosen train travel.
Old 8th December 2009, 16:31   #687
BHPian

Ill be flying back to bangalore from mumbai in jan. Its a one way trip as im visiting mumbai for a day or so. It will be on kingfisher. Ive never flown on KF...so what should i expect? Oh, also, can anyone suggest a good hotel to stay at in mumbai that is near all the main attractions (colaba, juhu beach, etc); preferably in the price range of 5000 rs or less..
Old 9th December 2009, 10:21   #688
BHPian

Try the the Executive Enclave in Bandra. Nice clean hotel with good facilities. Stayed there couple of years back and liked the place. In the middle of Bandra - You can go anywhere from here to Colaba/Juhu etc.

Executive Enclave
Old 9th December 2009, 16:50   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Try the the Executive Enclave in Bandra. Nice clean hotel with good facilities. Stayed there couple of years back and liked the place. In the middle of Bandra - You can go anywhere from here to Colaba/Juhu etc.

Executive Enclave
ive never been to mumbai before, my friend who's coming with me has...i was thinking to stay at like the Radisson or Holiday Inn or something, but this looks pretty good nonetheless.
Old 16th December 2009, 17:13   #690
Senior - BHPian

Emirates now offer mobile phone facility on flights

I recently had a trip from UK to Bangalore through Emirates Airlines. Was surprised to find that they are offering mobile connectivity on their flight between Dubai and Bangalore. I was able to make and receive calls and SMS while flying. They seem to enable it only after about half hour after take off and turns it off about half hour before landing. My Airtel phone was showing "NOR 14" as the service provider on the screen and got an SMS from Airtel welcoming me to Norway . This facility was not available for the leg between Dubai and UK.

Last edited by vasoo : 16th December 2009 at 17:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks