Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 08:59   #826
BHPian

Re: A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I could have validated this, if I had a printer at home :-) I just flew in from Chennai to Mumbai (Spicejet - ouch!) this morning after web-checking in, but collected my boarding card the traditional way.
I am currently in Chennai Aiport waiting for boarding after security check. I always take jet airways and this is followed for last one month.
PM me about your return flight to chennai, we might catch up in mumbai or chennai airport.
Old 5th September 2012, 22:09   #827
Senior - BHPian

Air India-Rock Bottom Fares on HYD-BOM-HYD till Sep 30,2012

Air India is offering an all inclusive BOM-HYD fare of INR 1395 and HYD-BOM fare of INR 1758 (effective 6th Sep and valid till travel on 30th Sep'12).Fare is available only on the below said schedules of AI.These are international feeder flights of AI and hence these rock bottom fares.
AI964 HYD-BOM Hyderabad at 0710hrs from international terminal and arrives Mumbai at 0840hrs on Tuesday (2) & Friday (5).
AI965 BOM-HYD Mumbai at 1430hrs from international terminal and arrives Hyderabad at 1555hrs on days Tuesday (2) & Friday (5).
Old 6th September 2012, 19:34   #828
BHPian

Can anyone recommend a limo taxi from BKK airport to Pattaya which i can book online?
key point is reliable ( if anyone has used an operator )... dont want to end up with touts/thugs at BKK..
Old 20th September 2012, 08:15   #829
Team-BHP Support

Had a question about transferring from Domestic to International terminal in Mumbai.

I have to land in Mumbai (Terminal 1B domestic) at 10PM and then have to rush to International Terminal 2 for the 2AM flight.

How often does the free shuttle ply from Domestic Terminal 1B and International Terminal 2? I can't wait for too long. Should I take a taxi?
Old 20th September 2012, 08:25   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Had a question about transferring from Domestic to International terminal in Mumbai.

I have to land in Mumbai (Terminal 1B domestic) at 10PM and then have to rush to International Terminal 2 for the 2AM flight.

How often does the free shuttle ply from Domestic Terminal 1B and International Terminal 2? I can't wait for too long. Should I take a taxi?
I think the shuttle runs every 15 mins or so. Moreover shuttle goes from inside the airport premises. Taxi will have to go from the public roads and this will take more time. With bus it was a 5 mins journey the last time I traveled.

Regards,
amohit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 12:51   #831
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
I think the shuttle runs every 15 mins or so. Moreover shuttle goes from inside the airport premises. Taxi will have to go from the public roads and this will take more time. With bus it was a 5 mins journey the last time I traveled.
Thanks, is there a big rush for the shuttle?
Old 20th September 2012, 13:30   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
At the time you plan to take it, I guess there will be. Also remember that the quantum of luggage per shuttle-taker will be quite high.

Are you connecting (ie, can you through-checkin)? That will give you a bit of time to wiggle around. Remember that Mumbai is a very crowded airport.
Old 20th September 2012, 13:46   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This has improved now, Queue is well managed and you can mention a connecting flight to get priority.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 14:05   #834
Team-BHP Support

If you can, check your bags through. Take minimal hand luggage since you might find yourself standing in a bus. It might be imprved now with bigger buses

On your way back, it is a little tedious since you need to retrieve your baggage, scan your bags through customs, return to connecting airline
Old 20th September 2012, 17:57   #835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Decide after reaching there,a 10pm arrival is most likely bound to get delayed by a few minutes thanks to runway work and long que for landing,so budget for a 1020 landing(landing plus bus to terminal bldg-assuming you dont land in the new 1c terminal).If you are indeed going to need to take a taxi(if the shuttle bus just left or there is a delay for the next one),then I suggest do not come out and look for a flag down taxi,instead take the Akbar or one of the rental cabs which have a counter next to the luggage belt,they would be faster and more efficient and would know the urgency of the matter.
Old 21st September 2012, 05:54   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Can anyone recommend a limo taxi from BKK airport to Pattaya which i can book online?
key point is reliable ( if anyone has used an operator )... dont want to end up with touts/thugs at BKK..
You can get direct A/c bus to pattaya. There is a bus counter near Entrance 8 at BKK Airport. Bus stand is just outside that. Taxi will cost you more
Old 25th September 2012, 18:11   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

The best option is to call both the airlines in advance and find out the procedure for such airport transfer.
Their customer care should be able to guide you.

In my opinion no shuttle will transfer you within the airport premises. Even these shuttles start from outside the airport.
Old 25th September 2012, 18:38   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
In my opinion no shuttle will transfer you within the airport premises. Even these shuttles start from outside the airport.
In Mumbai,the transfer shuttles operated between the domestic (Santacruz) and the intl (Sahar) terminals run via the airside (on the tarmac side) and not via outside routes.This has been like this for ages even before GVK took over operations.
Old 25th September 2012, 20:36   #839
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Decide after reaching there,a 10pm arrival is most likely bound to get delayed by a few minutes thanks to runway work and long que for landing,so budget for a 1020 landing(landing plus bus to terminal bldg-assuming you dont land in the new 1c terminal).
I didn't have any issues. As I picked up my luggage, there was a shuttle waiting and I was the last one to get on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
I was not looking for opinion, but facts. What you have said is very incorrect. The queue for the shuttle was right next the baggage conveyor belt. I picked up the luggage from the belt, walked 10 steps to join the shuttle queue. After checking my tickets, and after a security check, I got into the shuttle which was standing just 50ft from the conveyor belt. The trip was 90% inside the airport premises. Only at the end, the bus got out of the airport, crossed the road and entered international airport departures.
Old 25th September 2012, 22:19   #840
BHPian

Quote:
I used services of a guy recently for BKK-Pattaya trip.

This guy is not a fleet taxi operator but apparently a small time man. We had to walk few feet to the car parking. I had rented a Toyota Commuter from him for 7 people. Costed me 1800 THB. I had enquired at the terminal car rental counter which quoted 3600 THB for limo.

The driver that this guy had sent waited nearly 3 hours for us as there was a huge crowd at visa on arrival.

Last edited by sindabad.sailor : 25th September 2012 at 22:20.

Most Viewed