Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2012, 14:28   #841
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai

I was not looking for opinion, but facts. What you have said is very incorrect. The queue for the shuttle was right next the baggage conveyor belt.
I am glad that this shuttle was so convenient and comfortable. All of us here, now know how this thing works.
I regret not being of any help in this regard. A little more subtleness in your replies would be appreciated.
Old 26th September 2012, 19:18   #842
Team-BHP Support

Re: A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks View Post
A little more subtleness in your replies would be appreciated.
My unsubtle reply was intentional.

I had a very specific query.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
I have to land in Mumbai (Terminal 1B domestic) at 10PM and then have to rush to International Terminal 2 for the 2AM flight.

How often does the free shuttle ply from Domestic Terminal 1B and International Terminal 2? I can't wait for too long. Should I take a taxi?
And this was your answer, which you merely guessed and very incorrect.
Quote:
In my opinion no shuttle will transfer you within the airport premises. Even these shuttles start from outside the airport.
When you clearly don't know the answer, why offer a reply? That too when others had provided the right answer? If I hadn't already made the trip, it would have put me into great confusion. Just think about that.
Old 26th September 2012, 21:43   #843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liferocks

The best option is to call both the airlines in advance and find out the procedure for such airport transfer.
Their customer care should be able to guide you.

In my opinion no shuttle will transfer you within the airport premises. Even these shuttles start from outside the airport.
@Samurai
Sir your intent was well understood. I had no intention to take this any forward. However please read my first reply to you.
You chose to ignore the first part of the message, which clearly suggests a way to find out what you wanted to.
But quoting the second part only,point towards your own adaptation of the same.

Regards.
Old 26th September 2012, 21:53   #844
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
@Samurai
Sir your intent was well understood. I had no intention to take this any forward. However please read my first reply to you.
You chose to ignore the first part of the message, which clearly suggests a way to find out what you wanted to.

Regards.
This is of course anecdotal, but in the few times I have called airlines to find out this kind of info, I have found that they are totally useless. They have canned replies for these kinds of questions which do not depend on which city you are asking about or what time of the day you are asking about. The reps manning the phone really don't keep information about individual airports unless it's some shortterm thing - i.e. like a particular airport being shut for a few hours on a particular day or particular airport issuing some information for a particular day etc.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:01   #845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk456 View Post
Can anyone recommend a limo taxi from BKK airport to Pattaya which i can book online?
key point is reliable ( if anyone has used an operator )... dont want to end up with touts/thugs at BKK..
As others rightly suggested, take the bus option - AC buses ply by the hour and they are extremely efficient, and comfortable; and for a fare of 200 Baht; a far cry from the taxi cost.

If you need more info on this, refer to this post.

Btw what exactly did you mean by a limo taxi? Not sure if I saw any boards for limo services in Bangkok

Edit: Just noticed I replied to a month old post. Hope it was not too late.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 26th September 2012 at 22:03.
Old 26th September 2012, 22:27   #846
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The only reason I asked the question here because I trust the reply from TeamBHPians lot more than from bored call center agent doling out canned answers. Therefore, the first part of your reply was not helpful to me. While the second part was... we have already done discussing that.

We all post queries in TeamBHP because we have come to expect highly accurate replies from members who have first hand experience. Also, as moderator it is my duty to encourage accurate replies. Hence my reply may have been little more sharp.
Old 1st October 2012, 12:08   #847
Senior - BHPian

goIbibo.com - Pathetic experience

Hi BHPians,

I traveled from chennai to mumbai on september 1st, on goair booked thru goibibo. i booked the 10:20 am flight.

My biggest mistake - Choosing ibibo over cleartrip and expedia.

The flight was cancelled one month back but i never got any intimation
from goair or ibibo. I came to know this when i reported to the airport at 8:00am. I received an SMS the previous day from ibibo to board the flight and that gates would close 45 mins prior to departure. If the Flight is cancelled before one month why the did i receive that SMS that gates close 45 mins prior and it is recommended to reach 2 hrs before My Contact number has NOT been handed to to goair by ibibo and so i was told i was not intimated. I booked a 10:20 flight. I was ULTIMATELY put in the 16:55 flight after higgle haggle with NO compensation. I was not provided even food and a place to sit.

Go Air's argument is that even though I booked thru ibibo, there is some intermediate party called travelbooking.com . it seems they have not updated the mobile number in their system / not handed over to iBibo.

My contention is simple. I paid ibibo and its ibibo;s responsibility to provide details to the airlines. MY money,my firstname and last name have been correctly updated in goair's passenger charter list then why not my contact number.

I was told its ibibo's reposibilty to update the passenger.

What is lost: (I know the below are not valued in india. I wish i were american)
  • I had an official meeting to attend and it got missed and messed.
  • Mental Trauma - No place to rest / no food to eat. Airports are too
  • expensive to eat at.
  • Asked for free upgrade to business class -denied.
  • Some compensation (At least a bottle of water) - Not given
Conclusion: I and my friends/colleagues will definitely NEVER make any
travel booking from goibibo be it hotel or train or flight or spaceship....I have made another travel booking to fly in october and december and booked using cleartrip.com. This was so much hassle free that ibibo.

I sent the above as an email and concluded saying that I know one person does not make any importance to you but anyway just sending as i am aware that no action would be taken as you already have got my money.

my wife is expecting in december and if a similar experience happens at that time, I will be greatly inconvenienced and am sure no-on from the airlines will understand the emergency.
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 13:23   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Btw what exactly did you mean by a limo taxi? Not sure if I saw any boards for limo services in Bangkok
limo taxi - private chaueffered car -- normally a camry in bangkok.. not a vegas style "limousine " per se..
Old 1st October 2012, 13:45   #849
Senior - BHPian

Re: goIbibo.com - Pathetic experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I sent the above as an email and concluded saying that I know one person does not make any importance to you but anyway just sending as i am aware that no action would be taken as you already have got my money.

my wife is expecting in december and if a similar experience happens at that time, I will be greatly inconvenienced and am sure no-on from the airlines will understand the emergency.
First of all, very sorry about your experience with ibibo, and I feel, the airline too didn't give in their "Best efforts" in customer service. How hard can it be for a airline(only airline which is making profit in the current scenario!) to spend some money on a customer?

-How much of a fare difference(cheaper) do you get tickets in such websites when compared against the direct buy at the airline website itself?

-I am personally always skeptical about these middle agent websites, and prefer to keep my bookings or transactions directly with my travel operator, even if I have to spend some hundreds extra! End of the day, it gives me a trouble free travel.

Can you not ask for a refund from ibibo? Did you have to pay anything extra for your rescheduled flight?

At times, I feel our Airports are ill-equipped to even handle normal passengers, forget the one's with disabilities and that they are always reactive than being proactive in planning and management. Best example is the expansion of chennai airport, which should have been done atleast 10-15 years before for the amount of traffic we have right now! But by the time the project is fully completed, the requirement would have risen by a few more million passengers per day and even the new airport will be grossly inadequate to meet the demand.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 15:58   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
How hard can it be for a airline(only airline which is making profit in the current scenario!) to spend some money on a customer?
Er... the airline making profit is Indigo. This incident relates to Go Air. Different airlines. :-)

Quote:
-How much of a fare difference(cheaper) do you get tickets in such websites when compared against the direct buy at the airline website itself?

-I am personally always skeptical about these middle agent websites...
I am from the opposite mold. In the past several years, all my tickets have been booked through Cleartrip.com. The fare difference is not much, but what matters to me are:

1. Aggregation. if I travel multi-sector, like I am wont to do these days, then on Cleartrip I get to see all airlines at all times doing any of the sectors in my itinerary.

2. Travel+Stay deals. Have used this only a couple of times, but good.

3. Various bells and whistles like traveller management, payment processing etc.

4. Responsive customer service.

Quote:
Best example is the expansion of chennai airport, which should have been done atleast 10-15 years before for the amount of traffic we have right now!
Chennai also has a greenfield airport planned near Sriperumbudur.

Also, look at BIAL. Useless connectivity (despite Vayu Vajra), overcrowded like a bus stand on the first day of summers, an approach road that will take at least half a decade to complete... it is horrible to fly in/out of the place.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:13   #851
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I traveled from chennai to mumbai on september 1st, on goair booked thru goibibo. i booked the 10:20 am flight.

Sad you had to face that @scorpiobharath. As a self-enforced rule, unless the 3rd party websites offer a very good discount, I always book via the airline website. Here's one recent experience that re-enforced that rule of mine.

I have a to & fro flight this week from Mumbai to Srinagar via Delhi; booked on the GoAir website a month back. Last week got an sms stating that the first leg of the flight has been cancelled and I should call up customer care for rescheduling/refunding options.

First of all I checked the options available with other operators - the cost had clearly doubled to what I had paid a month back when I did this booking. I immediately called up the customer care expecting a long fight and a lot of haggling; instead they were extremely polite and offered me two options; a flight option leaving an hour earlier; and another option leaving the next day morning. Both options at no extra cost.

The CC executive even suggested to me to take some time if needed and I could call back later and confirm accordingly. I opted for the latter, the updated itinerary was mailed to me by EOD and all my concerns taken care off.

Excellent service - something I did not expect of GoAir (or for that matter any Indian airlines)!
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 16:15   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Er... the airline making profit is Indigo. This incident relates to Go Air. Different airlines. :-)
Oops! Both have "go" and have blue colour - got confused! Well, doesnt make a difference if one is getting this service in almost all the current airline. I read in papers that Kingfisher staff have gone on strike, so its a mega-profit time for other operators now!

Quote:
Chennai also has a greenfield airport planned near Sriperumbudur.

Also, look at BIAL. Useless connectivity (despite Vayu Vajra), overcrowded like a bus stand on the first day of summers, an approach road that will take at least half a decade to complete... it is horrible to fly in/out of the place.
That Greenfield airport is just a joke (from the party which ruled the state formerly!) sir. Don't believe in rumours unless you see the actual construction work start!
Well,your point on BIAL is absolutely true. Many countries abroad too have their airports well beyond city limits, which is quite understandable and even bus/metro/suburban train connectivity is somewhat similar to BIAL service, but only difference is the sheer planning and management of the resources which is not only pathetic, but is also simply a joke in almost all of Indian airports.
I am sorry to rant so much about our beloved country. I will stop this with this post to avoid any OT discussions.
Old 1st October 2012, 16:30   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I traveled from chennai to mumbai on september 1st, on goair booked thru goibibo.

If you have booked the ticket using your credit card, call up the card issuing bank and request that you want to make a chargeback to Ibibo, for not providing the service you had paid for. You will have to follow this telephonic chargeback request with a written complaint giving all the facts. Based on the complaint, your bank will give you an interim credit in your next card statement and after verifying all facts, the credit should be confirmed, i.e. not reversed.

Last edited by noopster : 1st October 2012 at 16:58. Reason: Fixed quote tag
Bomi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 17:49   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Hi BHPians,

I had an official meeting to attend and it got missed and messed..
Sorry to know about your experience, but when you are going on a business trip paid by the company, why don't you buy the air tickets from the airline web site.
You may not get free coupons or vouchers, but the price will be competitive and anyway paid by the company.
2 months ago a cousin of mine had similar experience with Jet airways but his ticket was code share with Srilankan and they goofed up by not informing the cancellation.
Considering the present situation of airlines, nothing is certain and the best bet in my experience is IndiGo at least they are very punctual which is of paramount importance to me.

Last edited by Jidousha : 1st October 2012 at 18:03. Reason: Correction
Jidousha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 18:31   #855
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much of a fare difference(cheaper) do you get tickets in such websites when compared against the direct buy at the airline website itself?

-I am personally always skeptical about these middle agent websites,

Did you have to pay anything extra for your rescheduled flight?
I got a discount coupon and the difference was close to 1000/-. After the incident, I would have better payed 1000/- extra.

No I did not have to pay anything extra, but the option of next flight given was not convenient for me. I specifically chose GoAir for this time else i would have booked SpiceJet / Jet airways.

On another note - I like to try out different airlines whenever i fly. Lesson learnt - I will never fly goAir Again.

There were ready to refund 3500/- (what i paid) on account of cancellation, but current / immediate travel airfares in other airlines were as high as 8000/-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Sad you had to face that @scorpiobharath. As a self-enforced rule, unless the 3rd party websites offer a very good discount, I always book via the airline website. Here's one recent experience that re-enforced that rule of mine.

First of all I checked the options available with other operators - the cost had clearly doubled to what I had paid a month back when I did this booking. I immediately called up the customer care expecting a long fight and a lot of haggling; instead they were extremely polite and offered me two options; a flight option leaving an hour earlier; and another option leaving the next day morning. Both options at no extra cost.
I was given an option on 16:55 flight from chennai reaching at 8:30pm to mumbai, where as i wanted to be in mumbai by 2:00 pm. I had to go to office on saturday and my manager was definetly not happy with me.

GoAir Talked politely no doubt but I was offered no compensation in the form of food, waiting room / lounge or the nearest flight. I was compelled to take the 16:55 flight or refund, very well knowing refund will not get me anywhere as competing airlines are far higher for immediate prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidousha View Post
Sorry to know about your experience, but when you are going on a business trip paid by the company, why don't you buy the air tickets from the airline web site.
2 months ago a cousin of mine had similar experience with Jet airways but his ticket was code share with Srilankan and they goofed up by not informing the cancellation.
I agree with you - It was a personal trip to chennai, but i had to go to office on saturday by 2:00 pm. I managed to reached mumbai by 8:30 pm only.
One bitten twice shy. I have booked Jet Airways for my travel in december

Unfortunately in India laws are not people inclined, they are all corporate inclined, i mean having rules like airline reserves the right to cancel / postpone / prepone flights as per thier convenience and are not answerable.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed