Team-BHP - A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27575-yetiguide-airlines-airports-domestic-air-travel-71.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 4620251)
For Indigo flight leaving from T2 terminal in Bombay, do I tell the taxi guy to take it to the domestic or international. The flight is domestic but T2 is international. What do I put in the map in Ola/Uber?

T2 serves both, domestic and international. Indigo has moved some of its domestic operations to T2. Put T2 in Uber/Ola and you'll reach where you need to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWD (Post 4620259)
T2 serves both, domestic and international. Indigo has moved some of its domestic operations to T2. Put T2 in Uber/Ola and you'll reach where you need to.

This is where we went wrong last week. I had to guide some of our relatives to catch a domestic flight at terminal 2. When we booked a OLA and asked to drop at domestic airport he left them at terminal 1B. Then, they had to hurriedly catch another taxi to move to International Airport. :Frustrati

Lesson learnt! :thumbs up

How is Air India Express for international travel? Any reviews?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 4641919)

'A low cost airline that serves food'.

Its basically a low cost airline based in Kochi that mostly flies to the Gulf from Kerala and some other cities. If you are asking about quality of service, its on par with the rest of the airlines, and you will also get food and slightly more luggage at Low Cost Fare. The food will be Kerala cuisine in all flights originating from Kerala. The ticket price will always be less than that of Air India.

If you meant about delays, AIE has lesser delays than Air India, and since they operate an All-737 fleet, they are better maintained as well. Since most of the flights are short, and it doesn't make any big difference between a Full Service or a Low Cost carrier. You can choose it if it suits your time and the price.

Quote:

I tried this once in January (Kochi – Singapore). It was a last minute plan and this was cheaper than the other low-cost options like Scoot. The timing was convenient, even with a short stop at Madurai. But the aircraft was bad – completely worn out seats, damaged hand rests, and even worst was the patches around the windows (almost like some patching to conceal cracks). Even an Indigo felt luxurious compared to this.

Quote:

Feasible for short distance travel, primarily ME or nearby Asian countries. Think you are flying a domestic flight to these countries, same service / flight setups.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4641982)
I tried this once in January (Kochi – Singapore). It was a last minute plan and this was cheaper than the other low-cost options like Scoot. The timing was convenient, even with a short stop at Madurai. But the aircraft was bad – completely worn out seats, damaged hand rests, and even worst was the patches around the windows (almost like some patching to conceal cracks). Even an Indigo felt luxurious compared to this.

Here is a recent video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vll8PPSJdTo

How is Scoot's service compared to AIE from Kochi –> Singapore?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 4642050)
How is Scoot's service compared to AIE from Kochi –> Singapore?

My first option is always SilkAir. Scoot is also not bad, much better compared to AIE, and also its a direct flight with no stopover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4642070)
My first option is always SilkAir. Scoot is also not bad, much better compared to AIE, and also its a direct flight with no stopover.

But SilkAir charges 2-3 times more than these and its not a budget airline.

Heard that you've to do self-transfer in Scoot, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 4642074)
But SilkAir charges 2-3 times more than these and its not a budget airline.

Used to be like that; nowadays if you book slightly earlier the fare difference is not that huge, especially in peak season (like December) Scoot works out as expensive as SilkAir. And though under the same management of Singapore Airlines, the SilkAir experience is overall better than Scoot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun
Heard that you've to do self-transfer in Scoot, right?

Being a no-frills operator, that should be the case.

I was looking at options for October – this is what it shows for SilkAir and Scoot – a difference of around SGD 120.

A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-20190821_135712.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4642144)
Used to be like that; nowadays if you book slightly earlier the fare difference is not that huge, especially in peak season (like December) Scoot works out as expensive as SilkAir. And though under the same management of Singapore Airlines, the SilkAir experience is overall better than Scoot.

Being a no-frills operator, that should be the case.

I was looking at options for October – this is what it shows for SilkAir and Scoot – a difference of around SGD 120.

Attachment 1907300

1. What is really meant by self-transfer? (never had any hands-on experience)
  2. Is this a problem when traveling with family/kids?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mithun (Post 4642151)
  1. What is really meant by self-transfer? (never had any hands-on experience)
  2. Is this a problem when traveling with family/kids?

I believe for most (or all) of the budget airlines, you need to check-out after each segment, collect your baggage and check-in again for the next leg. Last year I did Singapore – Kochi on Indigo thru Chennai; check-out in Chennai was easy, but then had to do a long walk to the domestic terminal, join the long queue for domestic flights and it was total chaos – more than an hour in queue for the Chennai – Kochi check-in. Huge hassle, with or without family.

On a side note, I did a similar flight from Singapore to Pune (via Bangalore) couple of years back, and the transfer in Bangalore was quite easy. Maybe the difficulties in transfer is airport dependent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 4642771)
I believe for most (or all) of the budget airlines, you need to check-out after each segment, collect your baggage and check-in again for the next leg. Last year I did Singapore – Kochi on Indigo thru Chennai; check-out in Chennai was easy, but then had to do a long walk to the domestic terminal, join the long queue for domestic flights and it was total chaos – more than an hour in queue for the Chennai – Kochi check-in. Huge hassle, with or without family. .

How does unaccompanying baggage go here?

In January, I did a COK - DEL T2 - -VNS. No checkout/ checkin was involved and un accompanied baggage went straight from the COK- DEL aircraft to the DEL - VNS aircraft. Ditto for return journey. The transit gate in T2 was marked, but with rather long interval between flights, and limited seating, it was a bit uncomfortable. I guess you had to go through check out-in because change of terminals was involved.

In next few days, have planned a trip to Dharamshala, and a change of terminals is involved. T2 - T1D @ DEL. We are flying SpiceJet. Guess will have to check out at T2, collect baggage and figure out path to 1D. And interval is almost 6 hours. :Frustrati

Hi,
My brother will be arriving at Chennai domestic terminal tonight at 10.30pm. I want to pick him up by car. This is the first time that I am going to pick up someone from airport.
Wanted to know is the car entry charged? Is there a free period? When should I preferably enter the premises considering he be at the exit at 10.30pm?
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivr1612 (Post 4711799)
This is the first time that I am going to pick up someone from airport.
Wanted to know is the car entry charged? Is there a free period? When should I preferably enter the premises considering he be at the exit at 10.30pm?
Thanks.

There should be 'Kiss and Ride' area for you to do a quick pickup of the passenger, without spending much time and this would be free. As such, look out for the same and sync your arrival to the exit of the concerned passenger.