Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th October 2020, 16:32   #1066
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Wow, there isn't a single post since 10 months. Aren't BHPians flying these days?

How is the flying experience in the covid era? I am thinking of taking a short flight. What is the protocol these days, how early we have to show up at the airport?
Old 14th October 2020, 07:12   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Aren't BHPians flying these days?
I see everyday on CNBC some or the other saying that flying is safest as the air circulation and HEPA filters keep the virus out. Also, middle seats are kept vacant and masks are compulsory. Domestic flights are enforcing web check-in and baggage drops.

Even, I have to fly back to India, by end of the year. I am waiting for easing of quarantine restrictions in India.
Old 14th October 2020, 18:52   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
I see everyday on CNBC some or the other saying that flying is safest as the air circulation and HEPA filters keep the virus out. Also, middle seats are kept vacant and masks are compulsory.
I'm a little bit doubtful. How can we be sure that airflow goes from another person's lungs to the AC intake without passing us on the way? Can't say that it might not be a safer alternative to, say, an AC railway carriage, but, personally, I don't fancy either for some weeks or even months ahead.
Old 19th October 2020, 07:15   #1069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm a little bit doubtful. How can we be sure that airflow goes from another person's lungs to the AC intake without passing us on the way? Can't say that it might not be a safer alternative to, say, an AC railway carriage, but, personally, I don't fancy either for some weeks or even months ahead.
Good question. With what I know, the airlines are operating by checking for negative report on Covid19 at the check-in here in US. Also, masks are compulsory on board. I would NOT know what is the SOP in Indian airports.
JMaruru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed