Team-BHP - A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/27575-yetiguide-airlines-airports-domestic-air-travel-8.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 537171)
Well, a Ferrari store doesnt help when you have a six hour stopover and you need to rest your backside comfortably. Ever been to their Business Class "Lounge"? Some of our railway stations have better First Class waiting rooms - there is NO way you can 'rest' in between flights - which is exactly what a Hub is meant for. They only serve coffee, peanuts (yeah!) and cookies with some horrible Italian beer and some rotgut whiskey in the lounge. Yes, even during mealtimes.

PS: Not to mention horrible pink walls that look like they came out of Filmistan in the '70s. You half expect Rajesh Khanna to be sitting on the next seat wearing oversize sunglasses, flared trousers and a golf cap.

At CSIA at least you can get a meal, their Lounges have comfortable chairs or things where you can stretch your feet out comfortably. Not squat, square single-seaters with no backsupport or even a corner you can lean on.

The thing that pissed me off the most was that there was no place to charge my laptop, atleast no place I could find.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 537110)

London Heathrow - Avoid if possible, crowded, dirty, miserable. Check in staff are out to rip you off if your hand baggage is slightly off. Best solution. Keep a large carry bag hooked on the back of your trolley and fill it with your junk. Demo your hand baggage with a "fingerlift". Worse case, they may weigh it and see that it complies. Walk away and fill the hand baggage. Don't be too clever and try to put 20kg in else you won't get through security. Secuity are bolshy about one piece of hand baggage. Once you are in duty free, you are home. If you over fill your bags, worst case is that it is removed and put into hold.

Iv had the worst possible Heathrow experience ever, Around a year ago there was this dense fog all over London and a few flights were delayed from Heathrow, I think there was some religous festival somewhere too and there were a lot of people who were on a pilgimage or somthing. I guess because of the fog a lot of the cleaning staff hadnt come(though the staff at all the duty free shops had come to work) and the combination of that and all the stranded passengers made for one filthy loo. This was THE dirtiest loo iv ever been to. During the Mumbai floods I was stranded for more than 40 hours and had to pee in the common loo in the Dharavi slum and Id say that the Dharavi loo was cleaner than the one at Heathrow airport. There was no place to sit and I ended up sitting on the floor, This was one of the most frustration stopovers EVER.

The one thing good about Heathrow is that theres always a supercar on display by some lottery agency and its always a treat to look at

My other Heathrow experiences werent as bad, but one thing is for sure, Heathrow is a very busy airport and with the security getting tighter because of all the threats its best to avoid the UK and US as a stopover. Security checks take too much time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 537110)
I've heard good things about Jet- which I will go for once direct flights starts from BIAL

Like I said before, I really like Jet, you must give it a try.

Ok guys!

Its official. All my plans for thailand (That Sam said he would help me plan) are blown!:Frustrati

Im travelling by Cathy Pacific, Stopovers at Singapore and Hong kong for 1 hour each.

So any reviews on Cathy Pacific?please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiery enzyme (Post 538469)
So any reviews on Cathy Pacific?please:

I've travelled a couple of times by Cathy and so far my experiences haven't been good. The in-flight crew are really snobby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 532848)
I needed to go for a big job. I needed soap. I always need soap. Pump Pump. The soap cannister was empty. I stand in the aisle. 10 seconds later she steps out, shaking her hand to show me there's no soap there either.
What are you kidding me? 3 toilets, 150 passengers and no soap?

So does that mean you had to wait till you landed at Mumbai to use soap? EWWWW!! lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 537886)
My dear friend Panky made a different (read:disbelieving) post earlier, just before mine, but after my telephonic discussion with him, he edited it. :)

I hope you didnt mind my instant reaction though!! :)

We all trust you and know very well that you would not cook up stories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 538446)
This was THE dirtiest loo iv ever been to. During the Mumbai floods I was stranded for more than 40 hours and had to pee in the common loo in the Dharavi slum and Id say that the Dharavi loo was cleaner than the one at Heathrow airport. There was no place to sit and I ended up sitting on the floor, This was one of the most frustration stopovers EVER.

But how did you manage then? lol:

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is not appropriate for use on Team-BHP. We request you to adhere to a decent communication protocol and avoid the use of abusive words. Our varied audience appreciates a "clean" community.

Didnt see any reviews on Malaysian Airlines. Does anyone have previous experience? I choose it for my upcoming travel even though its expensive than Indian Airlines expecting it to be better.

I hope I am not disappointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by panky12345 (Post 539418)
But how did you manage then? lol:

lol: I didnt mean in the bathroom lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mail4ajo (Post 539810)
Didnt see any reviews on Malaysian Airlines. Does anyone have previous experience? I choose it for my upcoming travel even though its expensive than Indian Airlines expecting it to be better.

I hope I am not disappointed.

I am sure it will be good. A few months ago some of us BHPians flew Malaysian to KL, to watch the Formula 1 race.
It was a clean flight, professional crew and decent food. Not as good as Singapore Airlines, but a pretty good experience.

Hey guys..a little bit more on the singapore-hong kong - LA leg please?

I can tell you about the Delhi - Singapore - Seoul - SFO leg.
Flights on time, and drinks are top notch, but the food is... Passable.
Indian veg fare has just beans. I don't like veg, so I have to choose either saltless, continental or funny smelling seoul food.
Great entertainment though. You don't get bored.
But cattle class seats are not very good. Legroom is there, but back breaks.
Also security at seoul is silly.
You don't change the plane, you just walk out of the plane, get a security check done, go one floor up, again get a security check done, and then go into the plane, after another security check.

The return is via singapore direct, no seoul, so you can get a city tour.
Better than cathay where you have to pass 16 hours in HK. Not a bad thing per se, but gets very tiring.

The fare is very very high of course. Delhi-SFO is 60K-90K inclusive of taxes, depending upon when you are flying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 540068)
I can tell you about the Delhi - Singapore - Seoul - SFO leg.
Flights on time, and drinks are top notch, but the food is... Passable.
Indian veg fare has just beans. I don't like veg, so I have to choose either saltless, continental or funny smelling seoul food.
Great entertainment though. You don't get bored.
But cattle class seats are not very good. Legroom is there, but back breaks.
Also security at seoul is silly.
You don't change the plane, you just walk out of the plane, get a security check done, go one floor up, again get a security check done, and then go into the plane, after another security check.

The return is via singapore direct, no seoul, so you can get a city tour.
Better than cathay where you have to pass 16 hours in HK. Not a bad thing per se, but gets very tiring.

The fare is very very high of course. Delhi-SFO is 60K-90K inclusive of taxes, depending upon when you are flying.

Is this malaysian airlines or Cathay pacific?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 540068)

And you barely get enough time to purge and replenish liquids