Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 06:23   #631
Senior - BHPian

I had a question:
I would like to fly from B'lore to either Calicut or Cochin in June.Would anyone be able to give me some details regarding the service on these sectors( flight times, frequency etc)?

I need to visit Cochin, and then go to Calicut. So ideally land in one place, and take off from another. Does this make sense?
Old 8th May 2009, 12:03   #632
Senior - BHPian

maybe, Book International & Indian Hotels, Flights and Indian Railways & IRCTC trains | Cleartrip.com can help?
Old 11th May 2009, 00:03   #633
Senior - BHPian

guys, I have read several of the reviews here and was wondering about the kingfisher RED flights? how are they? comparable to normal kingfisher or?

Also, do spicejet serve food on their flights?

cheers
Old 11th May 2009, 09:49   #634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
guys, I have read several of the reviews here and was wondering about the kingfisher RED flights? how are they? comparable to normal kingfisher or?

cheers
Kingfisher Red has started serving food since few months. Overall i think its good low cost carrier. Their flights are usually on time and you do get the Kingfisher service at a cheaper price.

Spicejet dont serve food. I heard lots of good reviews about Indigo. Give a shot at Indigo too.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:09   #635
Senior - BHPian

Spicejet is better than Indigo if you have a habit of turning up just in time.

They are as good as Indigo. KF Red has much improved but operationally still not as good as others.
Old 11th May 2009, 14:22   #636
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

cheers
Yes, Kingfisher Red is very much like the normal Kingfisher service. In the sector I was flying (Bangalore - Trivandrum) the exact same plane (ATR) is used for both KF and KF Red services. Just that you don't get proper meals in RED. Instead, they give you some snacks and a juice.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:07   #637
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys

This will be my first flight in spicejet!

cheers
Old 11th May 2009, 18:26   #638
Senior - BHPian

Mind another thing - IF you are getting late - just call the customer care and they will do all possible incl printing boarding pass, getting u a decent seat, ushering through security et al.

No other low cost or full fare airline does that consistently and with as much success. Their meals are cheaper too (80 bucks sandwiches vs 125 in Indigo).

If its indigo, forget any sort of support - atleast at delhi
Old 11th May 2009, 18:34   #639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

cheers
Yes, they do. You can opt to pay Rs.100 while you book the ticket online or pay Rs.130 on board for the meal.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:40   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Mind another thing - IF you are getting late - just call the customer care and they will do all possible incl printing boarding pass, getting u a decent seat, ushering through security et al.

No other low cost or full fare airline does that consistently and with as much success. Their meals are cheaper too (80 bucks sandwiches vs 125 in Indigo).

Yeah. I can vouch for that. Last I remember,I took an early morning spicejet flight from Mumbai to New Delhi and I bought a sandwich from them for Rs.70. It was a subway kinda sandwich and was pretty good. The juice however was pathetic (brand-natural).
Old 11th May 2009, 20:09   #641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

seems really convenient - thanks for the tip dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Yes, they do. You can opt to pay Rs.100 while you book the ticket online or pay Rs.130 on board for the meal.
hmmm.... this option was not available on cleartrip. np, I'll just buy food on the flight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Yeah. I can vouch for that. Last I remember,I took an early morning spicejet flight from Mumbai to New Delhi and I bought a sandwich from them for Rs.70. It was a subway kinda sandwich and was pretty good. The juice however was pathetic (brand-natural).
Oh, cool! My flight is also in the early morning.

cheers

Last edited by anekho : 11th May 2009 at 20:16.
Old 17th May 2009, 21:44   #642
Senior - BHPian

Kingfisher Red is nothing but Air Deccan.
The worst part is these flights are 150 seaters converted to 180 seaters to accomodate more passengers. Strategy by Air Deccan.
You better not have lower limbs or be a gymnast to sit on these flights.

Travelled by Jet Airways yesterday and it wasn't anything to write about. SHOULDN't be called 'Full service'.
Btw, Why isn't the Kingfisher Class available on the Chennai-Mumbai sector?

Last edited by nitrous : 17th May 2009 at 21:46.
Old 1st June 2009, 17:44   #643
BHPian

Breaking News: An Air France (Airbus 330) flight from Rio to Paris is missing over the Atlantic ocean. About 220 passengers on board. All foreign news channels are tracking this news.
Old 1st June 2009, 18:21   #644
BHPian

Above news already has been posted as a separate thread. Mods please delete, as seen fit.
Old 9th June 2009, 10:46   #645
Senior - BHPian

Drat! and double Drat! I had a Kingfisher red flight today at 7:50 AM from Pune to BLR. They announced a delay by half hour, then half hour then again by an hour and got cancelled it altogether. They have given us Jet boarding passes for a flight at 13:35.

The passengers including me were super pis**ed. Why couldn't they tell the truth. Things like 'Airport runway closed from 8 to 10 am due to IAF schedules" and all.

Ironically one of the passengers called the 'Mantralaya' to know whether the IAF has reserved the use of the runway during 8-10 AM. They said KF gives such excuses all the time.

Again later some guy asked "What if the Jet airways flight is calcelled?"
KF rep answer: No Sir that won't happen, its Jet Airways"

Boy, I thought KF was the best around here.
I should have got the car. I don't like air travel that much.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks