Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2018, 15:39   #1021
BHPian

Re: A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Flying Indigo to Dehradun. I need to carry a portable gas stove, the lightweight ones used while trekking (without any fuel ofcourse). Is it allowed to carry it in checked-in baggage?
Old 20th February 2018, 16:00   #1022
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnyBoy View Post
No limit. No need to worry if you have proper documentation - where the money came from, for what purpose you are carrying etc.
So you should carry all your payslips, income tax returns & bank statements of the past 5 years with you all the time?
Old 20th February 2018, 17:20   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
So you should carry all your payslips, income tax returns & bank statements of the past 5 years with you all the time?
:-) None of this is required, for a domestic flight. There is no crime in transporting money. There could be specific checks if you were doing so to poll-bound states though.

With anywhere banking I don't actually see the need to take such a risk as transporting hard currency this way.
Old 11th March 2018, 10:38   #1024
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Please note that gate numbers in Bangalore Airport's domestic terminal have changed recently. The gates on the lower level (Ground floor) that are used to board buses to/from the plane now have a "G" prefix. Hence, "Gate 8" and "Gate G8" are not the same.

However, airline check-in counter staff do sometimes miss the "G" prefix on your boarding pass, so just be alert, saw a lot of passengers running around due to the confusion.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 15:27   #1025
BHPian

Has Anyone flown international connection from KL through Air Asia? Just curious if we need a visa for transit. (There was a requirement in Singapore for lowcost airlines like jetstar earlier) I checked on airasia website and they say I am all set, but I just want to be sure.
Old 16th April 2018, 15:29   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
Has Anyone flown international connection from KL through Air Asia? Just curious if we need a visa for transit. (There was a requirement in Singapore for lowcost airlines like jetstar earlier) I checked on airasia website and they say I am all set, but I just want to be sure.
https://www.airasia.com/in/en/our-co...g-flights.page

It lands in KLIA 2 not in a separate low cost terminal so you won't require a transit visa unless your stay is longer than 18 hours in Malaysia (and then you would require a visa even if you were flying eg Malaysian Airlines).
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 08:59   #1027
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just one suggestion, dudes! Check in online well in advance and choose the seats in the exit row with a reclinable backrest. Recently went for a drive and Blackwasp got us these seats on both flights!

A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-20181007_145536.jpg
Old 8th October 2018, 09:08   #1028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Just one suggestion, dudes! Check in online well in advance and choose the seats in the exit row with a reclinable backrest. Recently went for a drive and Blackwasp got us these seats on both flights!

Attachment 1805917
You mean exit row with non-reclinable backrest you mean? That's my preferred choice when traveling alone, especially on shorthaul flights (less than 5 hours)
Old 8th October 2018, 12:54   #1029
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
You mean exit row with non-reclinable backrest you mean?
Nope, ours was the exit row with a reclinable backrest too .
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 13:37   #1030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, ours was the exit row with a reclinable backrest too.
I keep track of those in a Google Keep note. In Indigo it is usually row 13 and they charge Rs. 600 for the privilege of selecting one of these. Seatguru.com can help in locating this row in other airlines.
binand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 14:24   #1031
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Nope, ours was the exit row with a reclinable backrest too .
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I keep track of those in a Google Keep note. In Indigo it is usually row 13 and they charge Rs. 600 for the privilege of selecting one of these. Seatguru.com can help in locating this row in other airlines.
Good to know, thank you! I will keep an eye for this option next time
Old 26th October 2018, 18:38   #1032
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1805917
Row 24 on Jet Airways !!

PS: Row 23 is also emergency exit, but its non reclinable.
yatrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 13:03   #1033
BANNED

Transit times

Is one hour between inbound and outbound flights sufficient for transit at Delhi airport's Terminal 1? The airline is IndiGo.

On return journey, I get 2 hours for transit which looks reasonable.

What costs will I incur if I reschedule?

The flight was booked in June, and as per my original booking, the transit was at Bangalore. I had selected a schedule with 3 hrs interval. Now the airline has rebooked me via HYD-DEL. At least a direct flight to DEL would have been better.

Travel is in late December as a group of 6. in January 18, the plane to terminal transfer took about 10 or 15 minutes. Hence the query.
Old 24th November 2018, 14:36   #1034
Team-BHP Support

Re: Transit times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Is one hour between inbound and outbound flights sufficient for transit at Delhi airport's Terminal 1? The airline is IndiGo.

Now the airline has rebooked me via HYD-DEL. At least a direct flight to DEL would have been better.
It appears you have only One PNR for your journey, so it will be Airlines responsibility for connection or in case of any issue, arrange an alternate. You don't need to do any change or booking. When the connecting time is less, say due to the delay in your flight, they can take you directly from Aircraft to the other without getting to Terminal/ Security.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 15:28   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Re: Transit times

Quote:
Don't know specifically about T1, but in T3 (which is where I usually fly to) I'll be very skeptical especially in a group. The one hour you mention means just 40 minutes given that you have to board the onward plane 20 minutes before scheduled time, isn't it? In these 40 minutes all of you have to walk till baggage claim area, claim baggage, cross to the other side, drop baggage again and clear security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
so it will be Airlines responsibility for connection or in case of any issue, arrange an alternate.
The airline in question is Indigo, which doesn't do connections. See screenshot of their website, below.

A YetiGuideŽ to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel-untitled3.png

Quote:
Practically the entire cost. Rescheduling means cancelling your existing ticket and booking a new one. The cancellation charge would possibly be as much as the original fare (unless you have a refundable fare ticket).
binand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed