Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 16:57   #151
BHPian

Hi Pankaj,
I dont know but somebody told me that there are 2 parking facility available. one is premium and another one is normal. In premium they charge you something around 100 for 4 hrs, but in normal, its around 100 per day. is it true ???
please let me know !
Old 6th September 2007, 17:03   #152
Team-BHP Support

Aside from the cost, I'm not sure how secure it would be. I always think of long term parking at airports as a car thief's paradise.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:19   #153
Senior - BHPian

I don't think there are long-term parking facilities at the Delhi airport. You would be better off parking the car at your residence & taking a cab to the airport especially from the security point of view.
Old 6th September 2007, 17:22   #154
BHPian

Dear All,
The problem is that parking at my residence is too not safe, i stay alone so nobody can take care for my car, moreover yesterday night itself somebody had put a deep scratch on my car's bonnet !!!!!!!!!
Old 6th September 2007, 17:29   #155
Team-BHP Support

Maybe a kind hearted BHPian in Delhi can help you out by giving you a place to park for three days.
Old 13th September 2007, 22:41   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Baggage Content damage claim

Myself n my collegue travelled by Jet Airways frm Chennai-Mumbai- Brussels on 10/11 Sep. In Brussels v found that my Colleague's suitcase had ink spilled over the outside n inside. Most of his shirts (unfortunately new ones bought 3 days back) were damaged.

This is what happened later
* Lodged a complaint with flight care who r the baggage agents for Jet in Brussels. got a copy of the complaint.
* Then contacted Jet ppl in Brussels
* Jet said they'll pay 50 euros for the content i.e shirts - we rejected coz the total cost of the damaged shirts was around INR 12,000
* Jet vil provide us a Suitcase repair shop address in Brussels. V hav to take it there n get it repaired free of cost. If it's not repairable v can buy a new one and the cost vil be reiumbursed - we rejected saying that v cant be running around shops.

Jet said they'll get back in a day.

It will be very helpful if you guyz could pls guide me based on ur experiences on what should be done in this case?

P.S: We travelled by Economy class n the service was good overall. When the seats recline backwards the seat bottom moves front providing a comfortable position. Flight entertainment was good too. individual touch screens with a good collection of english n hindi movies..even had 1 tamil movie
Old 13th September 2007, 23:00   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Etiquette? Why should there be any etiquette? After all you paid money for your ticket and you want to fly somewhere and the customer is king! Why should you do anything at all?
Remember one thing. Everyone that works in the airlines is decent, well-spoken, well-educated and co-operative with you. If you are rude and unkind, you will still reach from one place to another, but if you are nice and well-behaved, you could make a mundane journey interesting and you’ll see people going out of their way to help you.

It is not mandatory to be nice to anyone, but be nice, follow rules and suddenly everything will go right in your short journey. Ask for what you need in a kind manner and it will happen quickly and easily.
Quote:
I’m not altogether sure why, but Indians as a people carry excess luggage. I’m making this sweeping statement after years of observation.

We like to carry a lot of luggage. We like to check in a lot of luggage and we like to carry as much as we can with us. It is very common to see old ladies carry a handbag, a heavy cabin sized suitcase, 3 plastic bags full of gulab jamuns, one dabba of achar and a walking stick, struggling at every step of the way. Why would you subject yourself to this torture? In the case of the old lady, all she really needs is the stick and the handbag!
Quote:
Be nice to the airline crew. They’re being nice to you. Remember that you are paying for passage from point A to point B. Everything else is a bonus. The airline crew are trained to save your life, deliver a child, give first aid, save passengers in case of a crash and many more things. They are NOT waiters. Don’t treat them badly. There is a very good reason why most of them are probably paid more than you.
Pretty patronizing posts are these not? Do you think we have no sense of etiquette or know how to be polite?
Old 13th September 2007, 23:09   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Call Centre Review - JetLite

Well, I noticed my review had one glaring omission. The erstwhile Sahara, now known as JetLite. I decided to fix that omission today,

JetLite: All India reservation number 30302020 (add you local code to this, if you are calling from a mobile e.g. Mumbai call 022-30302020, delhi call 011-30302020)

Just before I called JetLite, I called Indigo and KF (for a quick price comparo).
Indigo gave me a price of 2400 (for a flight 2 days later to blr) and KF quote 3700. Both had a waiting time of under 30 seconds after I made my electronic choice.

"Welcome to JetLite. blah blah blah blah blah Did you know that we fly to timbuktoo blah blah blah blah Existing JetMiles blah blah blah customer service blah blah....3 minutes later... blah blah Have you tried JetLite?"

Well if you shut the hell up and sell me a ticket I might!!!

I've never heard such a long and pathetic recorded message, you have to go through all of it while you wait.

Then the guy. He was not friendly, but he was well spoken. I got a price of 2700 and the time was convenient to me. Go ahead said I. He explained the cancellation rules to me. They sounded very similar to Jet's cancellation rules. After 2 minutes of listening to him (I know he's doing his duty and these conversations are recorded) - yes (said I) it's the same rules as Jet Airways.

We don't know the jet airways rules sir.
I burst out laughing.

The process took twice as long as it normally does, he kept insisting on repeating every rule to me twice and asking me if I had understood. Weird.

I will post a flight report soon. Till then adios and happy flying.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th September 2007 at 23:18.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:25   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Pretty patronizing posts are these not? Do you think we have no sense of etiquette or know how to be polite?
Hello Kumar,

It's nice to meet you.

I would have said hello to you earlier on Team-BHP, if you created an introduction thread. That have been polite, no? No matter.

With regards to your remark, I'm sorry that that's all you managed to extract from that effort. It took a while and wasn't meant to be patronizing. At all.

Of course we do know how to be polite. That's why I'm using words like "hello" and "sorry" instead of telling you to sod off. It would be plain rude to say something like that. But we're a polite bunch. We don't even think like that.

Have a nice day,

Sam

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th September 2007 at 23:29.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:30   #160
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hello Kumar,

It's nice to meet you.

I would have said hello to you earlier on Team-BHP, if you created an introduction thread. That have been polite, no? No matter.

With regards to your remark, I'm sorry if that's all you managed to extract from that effort.

Of course we do know how to be polite. That's why I'm using words like "hello" and "sorry" instead of telling you to sod off. It would be plain rude to say something like that. But we're a polite bunch. We don't even think like that.

Have a nice day,

Sam
Well, since you did effectively tell me to 'sod off' I dont think that you could really be called so very polite.

And of course you did dodge the initial point did you not?
Old 13th September 2007, 23:35   #161
BANNED

Sam,

I am so sorry to have posted this. I did come across your other thread:

Quote:
A YetiGuide® : How To Post In Proper English
I realize now that you are here to teach us language, behaviour etc. I had at first not understood this. My apologies.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:40   #162
Team-BHP Support

kumar, you may not agree to someone's view. That is understandable. You can very well say that I do not agree with your views or premises. And you may not check back into that thread. Please do that by all means.

However there is no need to post your sarcasms for that matter.
Old 13th September 2007, 23:45   #163
BANNED

I'm sorry.

Will abide by your signature Zappo
Old 14th September 2007, 00:20   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
No offence kumar2007

but

Sam has gone through a lot of effort putting this thread together. If you go through the entire thread Im sure you'll find atleast some information that you'll find sometihng that is useful. If you have somethign to add to the thread,please go ahead. There are probably some people who will be flying for the first time and Im sure this thread will be very useful for them.
Old 15th September 2007, 14:49   #165
BHPian

hope i am not thread jacking here ,but my threads are closed when i open them.

a friend flying in from the US will be getting me cams and a header.how should i try getting it duty free?
should it be in the suitcase or the hand baggage or in seperate boxes (not the original boxes)? i wouldnt want it damaged but i am not keen on paying 40%duty.i am sure the cam can fit into a suitcase not sure about the header. what if the header is bought in a plain box? how are they gonna charge duty on it? if its put in the unmaned baggage .how is it handled? i am sure they arnt verry careful with stuff

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks