Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 16:41   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
I am going to fly Deccan this week-end (Delhi to Goa). Will update about my experience.

\N
I had a short trip from BLR to TRV last week on "Simplyfly" Deccan. (Its no longer Air Deccan). Its all red now and the logo changed to kingfisher. I found it much better than the old dull blue colour (even though the flight exteriors and interiors are yet to change). Also the ground staff and cabin crew appear more cheerful and better groomed. Did not experience much improvement with respect to timings (40 mins delayed for a 80 mins flight). Ofcourse, no more Re1 tickets also. Prices start from Rs500 now. So the net difference between a "late low cost" airline ticket and an "early full service" one is in the negative territory!

In my case, I paid about 3000 per person (booked late) onwards and on return in Jet Airways it would have been almost the same (even though for me, it was Rs425, an award ticket).

Last edited by appuchan : 23rd October 2007 at 16:45.
Old 24th October 2007, 07:58   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

www.seatguru.com - superstar site!!

When you travel abroad next time, ask your agent to inform you what aircraft is used for the flight.

Then log onto Welcome to SeatGuru! Your Guide to Airplane Seats and In-flight Amenities - choose your seat and inform your agent to block it. Make sure your journey is a comfortable one.

Yes, I know, amazing site and you are welcome.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:59   #228
BHPian

Sam,

That was very useful info. I wish there were "foodguru" and "crewguru" also
Old 31st October 2007, 12:49   #229
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to fly Deccan this week-end (Delhi to Goa). Will update about my experience.

\N
My experience with Simplifly Deccan last week -

1. It has improved by leaps and bounds. Dr. Mallaya effect shows.

2. Check-in was super smooth. I was able to check-in in 3 minutes flat at Delhi Airport, the least it has ever taken me there.

3. Now there are four stewardesses instead of just one; and they actually smile.

4. They give those miniature bottles of Kingfisher mineral water free.

5. There was soap in toilets :-)

6. Flight was on time from Delhi; but reached Goa 40 minutes late due to congestion in Mumbai, not really Deccan's fault.

My return flight was by Spice Jet, and the experience was not as good as Deccan.

Sam, time to change Deccan's ratings ;-)

P.S. Missed something - now seat numbers are allocated at the time of check-in like any other air-line, so no mad scramble for seats.

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 31st October 2007 at 12:58.
Old 31st October 2007, 12:53   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My experience with Simplifly Deccan last week -
Sam, time to change Deccan's ratings ;-)
Really, Nitin? I had hopes but this is good news indeed. I think I'll fly them once again, even though I had vowed never to. Thanks for that tip baba, I'm doing this on your word only.
Quote:
Old 31st October 2007, 13:29   #231
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

\N
Flying Yeti drops bombs again
Old 1st November 2007, 04:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Flying Yeti drops bombs again
I just hope he's not flying into or ex-BLR. The bombing route is right over my house!
Old 2nd November 2007, 10:24   #233
BHPian

Hi Gurus,
I fall in another trouble !
I am going from Del to Mum and returning on next day. Del to Mum is on GoAir, so no issues. I will take my car and park at general parking place at the domestic terminal(100Rs per day).
The trouble started here, inadvertently return journey got booked in Air India flight which was an International flight...
I had not traveled abroad before and not boarded on international flight, so what precautions should i take for this journey ?(Check in time, baggages, etc, etc). I had checked Air India website but there was no valuable information available.
Secondly how should i transfer from International terminal to Domestic terminal ?

Thanks in advance !!
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:01   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi Gurus,
..., inadvertently return journey got booked in Air India flight which was an International flight...
I had not traveled abroad before and not boarded on international flight, so what precautions should i take for this journey ?(Check in time, baggages, etc, etc). I had checked Air India website but there was no valuable information available.
Secondly how should i transfer from International terminal to Domestic terminal ?

Thanks in advance !!
I hope you are not travelling abroad inadvertently . In any case it will be good to check with the Airlines themselves about the formalities for domestic passengers in an international flight. Regarding transfer from international to domestic, I think you will have to tak e a taxi.
Old 2nd November 2007, 15:11   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I hope you are not travelling abroad inadvertently . In any case it will be good to check with the Airlines themselves about the formalities for domestic passengers in an international flight. Regarding transfer from international to domestic, I think you will have to tak e a taxi.
There is a bus (free) which shuttles between the two terminals at 15 minutes interval. Just hop in it, and it will drop you 50 meters from the parking at domestic terminal.

\N

Last edited by ntomer : 2nd November 2007 at 15:17.
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:08   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh159 View Post
Hi Gurus,
I am going from Del to Mum and returning on next day. Del to Mum is on GoAir, so no issues. I will take my car and park at general parking place at the domestic terminal(100Rs per day).
The trouble started here, inadvertently return journey got booked in Air India flight which was an International flight...

Thanks in advance !!
I have understood your problem Saurabh. often the cheapest domestic flight between metros in on an Air India flight, selling empty seats on it's last or first leg.

For example there is a flight from Bombay-Bangalore-Tokyo. Since this flight is not always full, you can actually purchase a ticket from Bombay to Bangalore on Air India. It may be cheaper than Air Deccan too!

The drawbacks - you have to report to the international airport, not the domestic. Check in takes longer and so does security. In the case of Bombay and Delhi, travel time to the airport is greatly increased.

Saurabh - this is what I would advise you for your journey, since your tickets are already booked.

In the morning, park your car at the International terminal. Leave it there for your return. The parking facilities are better.
More importantly, when you return, tired after a long day mixed with work and travel, you will have your car waiting so you can go straight home.
For the morning you can either park at the international and take an autorickshaw to the domestic, or go in 2 cars with a friend.

For your domestic flight from Bombay to Delhi on Air India:

Go to Sahar Airport - Terminal 2C. This terminal is shared by Air India, Air France, Singapore Airways and Malaysian too. Please do go 2 and a half hours before the flight. I know this is annoying considering that for a regular domestic you would go an hour in advance - but that is the way it is.

You do not need to carry your passport, but do make sure you have a drivers license or any other legit photo ID. You do not need to go through immigration. Look to the extreme right of the immigration desks - you will see a passage marked out for domestic passengers only. Show the officer your boarding card and he will let you pass.

Walk through it. let the other passengers travelling abroad go through immigration. You do not need to stop at the customs declaration desk either.

However - the security check for all passengers is the same. Here is where more time is wasted. You will need to go downstairs, go through security and then wait to board.

Remember, if you reach Sahar even earlier, you can still check in (I think even 4 hours before the flight). Remember to carry your gold/titanium Mastercard. After you pass immigration downstairs there is a mastercard lounge where you can partake of a few beers, cokes and light snacks with no charge. There are a few electrical points where you can charge your laptop. And you also have free internet by Airtel. Log in, enter your mobile number and a password will be sent to you over SMS. This username and password is good for 24 hours.

Have a safe flight.
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

Sam
In Delhi the domestic and international terminal are far off.
It would be better to request the airport authorities for transit between the terminals.( I'm not sure if its possible when u dont have a connecting flight)
Old 6th November 2007, 13:02   #238
BHPian

Wow, it took me quite a while to get through the entire thread. Great idea Sam and i am sure it is helping many people. I am also a frequent traveller, though international and i would be happy to chip in as the discussion flows in that direction. If anyone needs any views on traveling to/within the US, i have a fair amount of experience in that part of the world.

cheers.
Old 6th November 2007, 13:38   #239
Team-BHP Support

Spice Jet: Neat website. Easy booking and telebooking. Very neat and polite staff and crew. Comfortable leather covered seats which are far better in back support as well as legroom than either Indigo or Go air.

Very efficient with keeping you updated on the flight status with SMS's and automated calls informing you of any change in the schedule.

On the aircraft, they don't over-advertise everything like some of the other budget airlines. No stupid announcements made on the PA every 10 mins like Go air does, hence you can enjoy a peaceful, quiet flight. They give you a bottle of water FOC. The rest, you need to buy.

All in all, I'd say Spice is the best of the budget airlines. Would surely fly it again.
Old 6th November 2007, 23:38   #240

easyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Lol, I'll be posting an EasyJet review very soon. Flying from Berlin to Budapest on EJ. I hear it's awful. heh heh.
Sam, still waiting to read your experience on easyJet mate(SXF-BUD)...Lets just say I'm not an unbiased reader!
Cheers.
P.S.: Guess I'll need to accept forum etiquette and drop an introductory line before i hope to see this post!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks