Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2008, 12:38   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The official at the passport office have an understanding with the immigration official at the airport.
There will be numerous emigration officials; I don't see that this could be made to work at all.
Old 7th March 2008, 10:43   #272
BHPian

I am flying to Thailand on vacation with my family early April. I sent the passports to my travel agent & asked her to book our tickets by Airindia Express, which she did. After a few days, the agent realised that my younger daughter's passport had expired in Sep '07. We are now in the process of getting her passport renewed & hoping this will be done in time. The point is that the ticket has been issued against the old expired passport number. The agent says she has spoken to the airlines people & they have asked us to attach the old passport with the new one & there won't be a problem.
Would like to know if we can accept this or do we need to get the new passport number endorsed on the ticket.
Thanks in advance.
Old 7th March 2008, 17:24   #273
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't know, but just in case this information is of use to you... you no longer need all sorts of certified reasons to get your passport quickly under tatkal (spelling?) scheme. You just pay the extra fee. My wife got a lost passport replaced in not much more than a week last year.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
they have asked us to attach the old passport with the new one & there won't be a problem.
Sorry i dont have answer for your real question but certainley you cant attach both new and old passport as you have to surrender the old one to PP office to get the new one.Best you can do is to attach attested photocopy of old passport.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:14   #275
BHPian

Thanks Thad. We are planing to avail of the tatkal scheme, as we really don't have too much time. Sorry to hear about your wife losing her passport.
Would welcome the advice of other members regarding the wrong passport number on the ticket. Do immigration officials concern themselves with tickets too?
Old 7th March 2008, 18:14   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Sorry i dont have answer for your real question but certainley you cant attach both new and old passport as you have to surrender the old one to PP office to get the new one.Best you can do is to attach attested photocopy of old passport.
This is not correct. The old passport will be marked as "cancelled" and will be returned to you. There will be cases where there are valid visas in the old passport even though it has expired. I carry three passports pinned together, out of which one was a renewed passport and another one for additional sheets.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:18   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
Thanks Thad. We are planing to avail of the tatkal scheme, as we really don't have too much time. Sorry to hear about your wife losing her passport.
Would welcome the advice of other members regarding the wrong passport number on the ticket. Do immigration officials concern themselves with tickets too?
I too had similar problem earlier when I had taken tickets well in advance and then got it postponed unmindful of the expiry date of my passport. I checked about this to travel agents and they said its enough to carry both passports, which any way I do since I had valid visas on the old one.
Old 7th March 2008, 18:25   #278
BHPian

Thanks appuchan. That's a big load off my mind.
Old 7th March 2008, 20:07   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
19C is by far the best seat in the house. I mean plane.
Why not opt for anything 11th row? Both armrests intact, near infinite legroom and chappal-sized (man, you must wear rather large chappals) window included.

I didn't understand the middle emergency doors funda. So, if there is an emergency and you want to open the door, you go looking for the stewardess that took it with her?
Old 8th March 2008, 01:12   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I didn't understand the middle emergency doors funda. So, if there is an emergency and you want to open the door, you go looking for the stewardess that took it with her?
No, passengers are not permitted to operate the door. That's why there is no briefing.

Now on another note: I finally tried the new and improved Simplifly Deccan (post Kingfisher take over).
The experience was wonderful!! The plane had a good feel, the stewardesses were pretty & well behaved. The food that I purchased was palatable.

The experience was as good as Go and Spice. So Deccan is no longer my least favoured airline.
Old 8th March 2008, 01:19   #281
Senior - BHPian

Indigo is pretty cool. Though they seem to have issues with flight mode on cellphones, and for some weird reason they insist on a Rs 100 charge for the emergency row. But their sandwich was pretty good, and their in-flight crew was cheerful and helpful.

The Mumbai aiport is something else. Especially when you come from BLR's crappy HAL slum.
Old 13th March 2008, 02:36   #282
BHPian

i fly a lot, mostly international, but in all my domestic travels I have to say that Indian Airlines, and Kingfisher are the best. Jet used to be good in the domestic sector, now they have great international flights...But I love the preferential service I get from Jet [I'm a platinum cardholder ]
Old 13th March 2008, 03:16   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
i fly a lot, mostly international, but in all my domestic travels I have to say that Indian Airlines, and Kingfisher are the best. Jet used to be good in the domestic sector, now they have great international flights...But I love the preferential service I get from Jet [I'm a platinum cardholder ]
Any idea if Jet Airways plans to start non-stop flights to the US? I thought that the Delhi-NY sector started sometime ago. I hope there's something from B'lore to Houston..Don't care if its a 15hr flight,atleast there's no stop-over anywhere..
Old 13th March 2008, 03:32   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Welcome to Air India's brand new 777-300ER aircraft and the effect it seems to have had on the crew! Except for one stewardess with an attitude (towards badly dressed passengers - poor chaps who have paid as much as the rest of us, and I gave her a small lecture on how to behave) this is truly a massive turnaround!
That is some brilliant news. If only 50% of what you wrote will be the case in Air India's 747-400 I will be quite happy
Old 13th March 2008, 05:02   #285
BHPian

The best airline experience I have had is with Malayian Airline - Great Aircrafts, Great Seats, amazing leg room, beautiful air hostesses, business class treatment (whisky/beer and a Hot tissue which til date only provided in Business class)

I really felt pampered. Food was outstanding. The indian food was much better then some of the finest Indian restaurants. Timings are precise.

I will definitely fly with them again and again and again...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks