Old 13th March 2008, 08:21   #286
BHPian

In the context of flying domestic here's a humors blog
Top Cat 200
Old 13th March 2008, 12:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
business class treatment (whisky/beer and a Hot tissue which til date only provided in Business class)
All this is pretty standard in economy class with almost all airlines I know. Only airlines like Saudi and Kuwait etc wont serve alcohol on board, and the budget carriers.

On most of the flights I have taken from Mumbai to KL, there have not been personal entertainment systems also. On most routes in Asia, I prefer Singapore Airlines over Malaysian. But I cannot deny that the Malaysian cabin crew is very warm and friendly, especially the Indian crew.
Old 13th March 2008, 15:09   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Any idea if Jet Airways plans to start non-stop flights to the US? I thought that the Delhi-NY sector started sometime ago. I hope there's something from B'lore to Houston..Don't care if its a 15hr flight,at least there's no stop-over anywhere..
I think Jet is launching non-stop flights form BLR soon.

Personally, I don't prefer non-stop intercontinental flights. Had to travel twice in SIN-LAX-SIN (SQ 37/38) route (18 hrs) and it was really difficult. Main issues were tiredness, body pain, stinking toilets making it unusable, and highly irritable passengers due to the prolonged journey.

In the end of it, the maximum time saving is about 2 hrs, no big deal if you can save yourself from the above agonies.
Old 13th March 2008, 16:54   #289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsaLove View Post
Malaysian. business class treatment (whisky/beer and a Hot tissue which til date only provided in Business class)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
All this is pretty standard in economy class with almost all airlines I know.
I agree. You would get Alcohol and hot/cold towels on every Airline today. Some of us flew Malaysian to KL for the Formula one and I thought it was pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
I prefer Singapore Airlines over Malaysian.
SQ is FAAAR superior to most international Airlines I have travelled on. The goodies, the food, the service and oh those girls with perfect skin and beautiful bodies....Sigh...

Ahem. The girls are OK. Not bad, I have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever. I don't even LIKE oriental women. Just for the record. Just so everyone knows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneŽ View Post
If only 50% of what you wrote will be the case in Air India's 747-400 I will be quite happy
Yes dear, you will be flying here on Air India. It would be interesting if you wrote a short review of your flight from Frankfurt to Bombay and back.

I have flown Air India just once in my life and it was long ago.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th March 2008 at 16:55.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:35   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Ahem. The girls are OK. Not bad, I have absolutely no interest in them whatsoever. I don't even LIKE oriental women. Just for the record. Just so everyone knows.
Can't let your hair down anymore, huh! It is a George Costanza moment, the World is colliding...

Urban Dictionary: Worlds Collide Theory
Techdirt: The Problem With Social Networks: When Worlds Collide
The Cavalier Daily
Old 13th March 2008, 17:41   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Beach club, Jalan Ramli, KL, one year ago

Thats the way aha aha, you liked it aha aha
Old 13th March 2008, 17:42   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The goodies, the food, the service and oh those girls with perfect skin and beautiful bodies....Sigh...

Really?? Is that so?? Quite funny though since I remember something quite contrary to your confession above in some of your other threads!
Old 13th March 2008, 17:44   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from YetiŽ to Moderators and D-BHPians: You are strongly advised to not get me into trouble. There are ladies present. Especially one that can kick my backside. Hard.
Old 13th March 2008, 17:49   #294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Especially one that can kick my backside. Hard.
You might enjoy that
Old 13th March 2008, 19:56   #295
BHPian

Quote:
... and oh those girls with perfect skin and beautiful bodies....Sigh...

We have a phrase in German that says: Looking at someone is allowed but you will only eat at home!

You should take that to your heart lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Really?? Is that so?? Quite funny though since I remember something quite contrary to your confession above in some of your other threads!
Exactly my dear! You know I am reading quite a bit on those forums to familiarise myself with the different sections etc. - though I may not always comment on everything. And trust me there are a LOT of remarks from your side about hot chicks and girls in general haha. So no reason to get nervous NOW. You should have thought about that before encouraging me to become a member lol.

Quote:
Note from YetiŽ to Moderators and D-BHPians: You are strongly advised to not get me into trouble. There are ladies present. Especially one that can kick my backside. Hard.
Ladies? Oh thanks for the compliment lol.
Should that ever happen I allow you to pick the shoes I will wear for this
Old 13th March 2008, 20:28   #296
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Should that ever happen I allow you to pick the shoes I will wear for this
Please to note that the German chick is joking. Thank you for your understanding.

Now please to excuse while I drown myself.
Old 13th March 2008, 20:51   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Please to note that the German chick is joking. Thank you for your understanding.

Now please to excuse while I drown myself.
I am indeed - just for the record! And I have no issues with you talking about other women my dear. You know I am just pulling your leg.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th March 2008 at 01:07.
Old 13th March 2008, 21:22   #298
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We have a phrase in German that says: Looking at someone is allowed but you will only eat at home!
Can one bring something that was looked at home for dinner or at least a nightcap?
Old 13th March 2008, 21:30   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is some brilliant news. If only 50% of what you wrote will be the case in Air India's 747-400 I will be quite happy
Unfortunately the new aircraft are the 777s, not the 747s. AI's Jumbo fleet is rather old.

I think you'll be better off flying Jet Airways (tieup with Belgian to get you to Brussels). With Jet you wont be relying on luck.
Old 13th March 2008, 21:35   #300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Unfortunately the new aircraft are the 777s, not the 747s. AI's Jumbo fleet is rather old.

I think you'll be better off flying Jet Airways (tieup with Belgian to get you to Brussels). With Jet you wont be relying on luck.
Oh but AI has a direct flight from Frankfurt (a 30 minutes drive from her home) to Mumbai.
The only 2 Airlines that fly direct Frankfurt-Bombay are Lufthansa and Air India. She got a pretty decent deal on the AI round trip. And it's a non-stop flight that reaches at a very decent 11.30pm and the return flight also takes off at a very decent 8 am. As opposed to Lufthansa's unearthly 3 am.

Also a lot easier than flying to Brussels, possibly waiting, changing aircraft and then flying to Bombay at some funny hour.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 13th March 2008 at 21:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright Š2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks