Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2015, 14:32   #8341
Senior - BHPian

Re: Trouble brewing at Walayar

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Oh, how bad is the situation? I'm driving to Bangalore on April 1st. Is it really bad that I should consider a different route?
I don't know the details. Probably you'll get more info from the Malayalam TV channels towards the D-day. There's always the Mannuthy-Vadakkenchery-Kollengode-Pollachi-Mangalam-Avinashi route as the alternative
Old 19th March 2015, 16:32   #8342
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Look for Hotel LA Classic on your left before the flyover. Thats the one after which you have the Attibele toll. Dont take that flyover and go below.
Thanks, but I think u misunderstood. I meant reaching Hosur from Sarjapur,
and then the turning to the right for Rayakottai/Palacode.
Old 19th March 2015, 16:34   #8343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPVEN View Post
I meant reaching Hosur from Sarjapur,
Not to confuse you further. If you are coming from Sarjapur road side, you could again reach Attibele (through the road next to Sarjapur PS). Here at Attibele circle (with the flyover going above you), you generally take a left turn to reach the Attibele toll booth. Now instead of that, just go straight and you enter the Attibele-TVS Road.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 17:36   #8344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Not to confuse you further. If you are coming from Sarjapur road side, you could again reach Attibele (through the road next to Sarjapur PS). Here at Attibele circle (with the flyover going above you), you generally take a left turn to reach the Attibele toll booth. Now instead of that, just go straight and you enter the Attibele-TVS Road.
Thanks Sachin,

However, whenever I use Sarjapur road, I drive on to Bagalur and then
reach Hosur direct. Sarjapur to Hosur , theroad is awesome, with little or
no traffic. Once I reach Hosur and get on to the highway, there are two
turnings to Rayakottai. However, its a mad situation there with heavy traffic and no proper signage for the right turn, for which you need to go below a flyover. This is the one I miss, and end up on the flyover, heading
straight for Krishnagiri .
Old 19th March 2015, 20:25   #8345
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPVEN View Post
Thanks Sachin,

However, whenever I use Sarjapur road, I drive on to Bagalur and then
reach Hosur direct. Sarjapur to Hosur , theroad is awesome, with little or
no traffic. Once I reach Hosur and get on to the highway, there are two
turnings to Rayakottai. However, its a mad situation there with heavy traffic and no proper signage for the right turn, for which you need to go below a flyover. This is the one I miss, and end up on the flyover, heading
straight for Krishnagiri .
I think then you should not take the the highway at. The instant you land on NH7 from Baglur, be on the service road. And go immediately below the next flyover. Cross the road and you are on the Rayakottai road.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 22:43   #8346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Keep going on this road, finally you would reach a big junction (but no shops, or traffic), here again you go straight. That is the Rayakottai Road. If you take a left here, you are going back to Hosur town. Right takes you to Thally. Please note, after this junction when going on the Rayakottai Road another junction pops up. Again go straight. If you take a left here, you go towards Hosur Railway Station.
This is the 4 road junction as you come from the hosur bypass road. From this junction, the straight road leads to Rayakottai via Kelamangalam. This road is a combination of good and bad stretches. Instead taking a left from the 4 road junction till you reach Hosur railway station and then taking the inner ring road to Rayakottai is the preferred one.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 18:15   #8347

Which is the best route to Mananthavady from Calicut. Is it via Perambra, Kuttiadi or Thamarassery, Kalpeta?
Old 20th March 2015, 18:30   #8348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuts View Post
Which is the best route to Mananthavady from Calicut. Is it via Perambra, Kuttiadi or Thamarassery, Kalpeta?
Calicut-Thamarassery-Kalpetta-Mananthavady would probably be fastest since the roads are in very good condition all through.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2015, 18:31   #8349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijuts View Post
It is Kunnamangalam-Thamarassery-Adivaram-Vythiri-Kalpetta (bypass)-Panamaram. It is about 110 km and you should be able to do it in a bit less than 3 hours during daytime.

For the other route via Kuttiyadi, please see this travelogue of mine:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3645616

Last edited by binand : 20th March 2015 at 18:34.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 12:35   #8350
BHPian

Need an update on the current road conditions between Madurai and Punalur/Kollam from any comrades who have taken this stretch.

Is taking the Kovilpatti/SankaranKoil/Puliyangudi road better compared to Thirumangalam/Rajapalayam/Puliyangudi.

Had taken Rajapalayam path in 2012 however the 2L roads and navigating through villages - rain accompanied, considerably reduced my speeds.

I would be taking doing this sector in second week of April.

Appreciate your comments.

Last edited by KrisSree : 22nd March 2015 at 12:38.
Old 22nd March 2015, 16:06   #8351
BHPian

Quote:
Take a left before approaching the fly over, and you would reach Attibele circle. At the circle take a right, and go straight on the TVS road. Around 900 mts on this road, you will reach a Y junction, keep left here (right takes you to Anekal). Go straight, you would cross the TN Police check post near TVS factory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Look for Hotel LA Classic on your left before the flyover. Thats the one after which you have the Attibele toll. Dont take that flyover and go below.
What is the condition of this route (Attibele to Dharmapuri)? It saves 15 Km and a potentially lot of waiting time at tool booths.
What kind of speeds do you maintained while traveling on this stretch?
Old 22nd March 2015, 19:45   #8352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
What is the condition of this route (Attibele to Dharmapuri)? It saves 15 Km and a potentially lot of waiting time at tool booths.
Attibele-Hosur-Rayakottai-Dharmapuri is an excellent, 2-lane road with sparse traffic once you pass beyond Hosur's commuter zone. Bottlenecks could be:

- KA-TN state border
- TVS factory at shift-change time
- Railway gate near Hosur (the fairly busy Bangalore-Salem line)
- Signal at junction with Hosur IRR
- Several schools near Hosur
- Rayakottai town (a crowded junction)

(I personally haven't been stuck at any of these; just locations I have mentally marked as potential problem-spots).

I maintain 70-90 kmph easily except near the towns. Last time I exited A2B near Dharmapuri at approx. 1:30 PM and reached Attibele by 3:00 PM.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 21:02   #8353
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I have been on this route before. Do not take the attibele flyover. Go beneath the same and take a right turn towards Attibele. Then take the road leading to TVS factory and keep going till you reach the check post. From here, left turn will take you to Hosur town, right turn leads to Thally. Go straight till you reach a 4 road junction.
From this junction, right turn take you to Denkanikotai, left turn takes you to Hosur railway station and straight road leads to Kelamangalam.
Both the left and the straight road take you to Rayakottai,Palacode and Dhamapuri but i would suggest you not to take the straight road via Kelamangalam as the road is average.
Instead from Hosur railway station follow the inner ring road that intersects the Hosur Rayakottai SH. This is in pretty good condition with traffic being sparse.
You can touch 80+ speed with ease but beware of the incoming vehicles as this is a 2 lane road.
Hope this helps.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2015, 14:21   #8354
Senior - BHPian

Nenmara route will be crowded during next weekend due to Nenmara Vela (Festival). Anybody traveling to Kerala for Easter may take NH47 all the way via Coimbatore or Kollengode-Alathur-Vadakkancherry.
coolclouds is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 17:18   #8355
Senior - BHPian

No trucks to cross Walayar from 1st April (Mathrubhumi: Malayalam)
Folks preparing for the Good Friday-Easter trip may take note of the above. If the strike continues from 1st April, Walayar may be a breeze to cross. But if the strike is just for a day and gets over by 2nd; then there could be a huge traffic jam as all the trucks would try to bring the goods into the state at the same time.

Demand for vegatables, meat etc. would be high in Kerala during the week end as it is a long week end. The government may also be ready to be at the negotiation table.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks