Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2017, 17:07   #10981
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Drove from Cochin to Bangalore today. The roads are good throughout and 4 lane work is almost complete.

For guys driving to Kerala, the traffic was pretty heavy even during the odd hours. Krishnagiri, Attibele toll was crowded but FASTag saved a lot of time. Shall be uploading the FASTag videos next week. Here's the Salem flyover that's open.

naveen.raju is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 17:20   #10982
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Trivandrum route help

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I will be driving to Trivandrum on Dec 22nd from Whitefield. Planning to start at 4:30 AM. Any update on the Kavalkinar - Nagercoil - Trivandrum route? Last time I had taken the Ararvaymozhi - Bhoothapandi - Vellarada - Kattakkada route and the drive was peacefule with less traffic. My final destination is Kesavadasapuram. I will be reaching Kaval Kinar by 12:30 - 1:00 PM.

thanks in advance.
As of last month's update [had a few relatives coming over], that stretch is still a pain. And the Vellarada route has really bad patches now as per one uncle. So it's upto you

Google gives all three routes taking same time to cover. The Vellarada stretch would be the one with the least traffic during day times.
deathwalkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 20:41   #10983
Team-BHP Support

Boarded the train from Chennai towards Palakkad; wouldn't take a chance after last year's experience. Not to rub salt on the wounds but I hope the guys driving down south have a fuss-free drive. Good luck people. Do post back how it fared.
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:12   #10984
BHPian

Planning to drive to Kochi from north part of Bangalore (Kalyan Nagar) on 23rd at 03:00 AM. Hope its not too bad at the toll booths. Any tips?
Old 22nd December 2017, 09:19   #10985
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhavgpai View Post
Planning to drive to Kochi from north part of Bangalore (Kalyan Nagar) on 23rd at 03:00 AM. Hope its not too bad at the toll booths. Any tips?
Tips? Did Abhimanyu ask for tips when attempting to breach the chakravyuha? Valiance doesn't need outside support.

Anyway, try to stay ahead of the 4AM departures from East and South Bangalore. From my apartment alone (Marathahalli area) there are about 18 cars leaving for Kerala at various times tomorrow morning.
binand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 10:20   #10986
BHPian

This is for information, there is a severe road block for last two days on the Trichur/Calicut route, from Puzhakal Padam to Muthuvara. The authorities started road repairs during this holiday season and the block is on the road towards Calicut, the down side is free of the block. Yesterday I know of people who were stuck in traffic for 3 hrs etc. So beware when planning your journey.
sparky@home is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 10:31   #10987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Boarded the train from Chennai towards Palakkad; wouldn't take a chance after last year's experience. Not to rub salt on the wounds but I hope the guys driving down south have a fuss-free drive. Good luck people. Do post back how it fared.
I also am headed to Palakkad. Boarded the bus from Koyambedu yesterday and bus was much earlier than time today at Coimbatore. Traffic was sparse all the way apparently. After few hours today at office in Coimbatore, should be heading to Palakkad today evening. The traffic seems surprisingly low.
Old 22nd December 2017, 11:06   #10988
Senior - BHPian

Gents - what is the road condition from Wadakkanchery (Pgt Dt.) towards Mannuthi (Thrissur Dt.)? Is it better to take the NH47-Alathur Town-Pazhayyanur-Chelakkara route towards Thrissur?
Old 22nd December 2017, 17:46   #10989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Tips? Did Abhimanyu ask for tips when attempting to breach the chakravyuha? Valiance doesn't need outside support.
That is a hilarious reply. I am also getting into the same Chakravyuha, on 23rd morning from South Bangalore at 6 AM, heading towards yercaud. Family is not keen to leave home at 3 AM, to beat the toll booth traffic.

I need all the luck.
Old 22nd December 2017, 18:48   #10990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Gents - what is the road condition from Wadakkanchery (Pgt Dt.) towards Mannuthi (Thrissur Dt.)? Is it better to take the NH47-Alathur Town-Pazhayyanur-Chelakkara route towards Thrissur?
You can use the Vadkencherry/Mannuthy road , except for some slight issues, its a clean run. Ofcourse i cannot say about the traffic prior Xmas. I travelled that way last week and it was an eventless trip.
Old 22nd December 2017, 19:11   #10991
Senior - BHPian

As I had said earlier, I was to travel from Pune to my hometown Palakkad. Did Pune-Kolhapur yesterday. Today left Kolhapur at 4am and reached Salem by 18:15 and checked in to the hotel for the day. Post Bangalore the roads were super crowded, thanks to the Christmas vacation. The toll booths were crowded but thanks to FastTag, was able to beat the rush.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 11:34   #10992
BHPian

Extreme slow moving traffic around Kuthiran Ghat section between Palakkad and Trissur.

Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-img_20171223_112854.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img_20171223_112901.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img_20171223_112850.jpg  

All Roads to Kerala-img_20171223_112846.jpg  

Bibin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2017, 13:54   #10993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Alathur-pazhayanoor-Thrissur road is in good condition and a pretty scenic route if you travel by day.. Only problem is roads are narrower compared to normal 2 laned roads. However there is no issue of traffic block save for some minor lag at Wadakkaanchery town (day time only)
Old 23rd December 2017, 19:40   #10994
BHPian

Update on traffic condition on Palakkad Kozhikode route. Traffic is hectic even at 2pm. Huge traffic snarls near Malappuram and long queues right from Ramanattukara. Traffic is crawling throught out the bypass till Malaparamba junction thanks to Ayyappa season combined with Christmas holidays. Flyover construction adding to the woes.
Old 24th December 2017, 10:53   #10995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
Extreme slow moving traffic around Kuthiran Ghat section between Palakkad and Trissur.
Yesterday at 0900 hrs,Because of this jam,we were diverted from alathur to pazhanoor route. Where we encountered heavy traffic on the single lane roads. Some bad drivers were overtaking long lines of cars and causing further blocks. Sometimes money buys big cars,but doesn't buy class. Totally frustrating journey.Thank God I had my nephew to share the driving load. At the end of it,he was not able to stand for some time due to the continuous clutch brake application.
nijelj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks