Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2020, 13:04   #12541
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Thanks, do we know the update from Hosur border, are they letting KA vehicles to TN
Old 23rd March 2020, 14:27   #12542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Thanks, do we know the update from Hosur border, are they letting KA vehicles to TN
People could enter yesterday night (from updates I saw in another forum). Officially, these are supposed to be closed though. But reports show that there is traffic pileup due to temperature checkup etc. To summarize, TN entry can be done based on pure luck - we don't know when they will start becoming strict on implementing the restrictions. One can try less crowded checkposts to enter.
vinodvayyat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2020, 20:28   #12543

All,

Planning for a drive with family soon after lockdown is exited and private vehicles are allowed. Please share anything that I need to be careful about that you can think of. I am a bit worried about road block barricades not cleanly removed.
Old 16th April 2020, 21:16   #12544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
All,

Planning for a drive with family soon after lockdown is exited and private vehicles are allowed. Please share anything that I need to be careful about that you can think of. I am a bit worried about road block barricades not cleanly removed.
Barricades will be there only at the state boundaries. Don't think it is a cause for concern once the lock downs are done with.

But honestly, interstate private vehicle traffic I think is still some way away.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 11:51   #12545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
My understanding. Only goods carrier vehicles are allowed, and may be people commuting for medical reasons (this would be more from TN side to KA).

Last edited by Sheel : 19th April 2020 at 16:49. Reason: Minor typo.
sachinpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2020, 12:23   #12546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
My understanding. Only good carrier vehicles are allowed, and may be people commuting for medical reasons (this would be more from TN side to KA).
Today's Malayalam newspaper states the process for obtaining interstate travel pass. It is issued only for emergencies like death of an immediate relative, pregnancy and medical reasons.

Applicant should obtain a recommendation letter from the district collector of the place you are travelling. This along with other self identification documents to be submitted to the ADGP office next to Chinnaswami cricket stadium in person (make sure you wear a mask while going there) . People outside Bangalore can submit this to the ACP office in their respective districts.
gadadhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 15:55   #12547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Planning for a drive with family soon after lockdown is exited and private vehicles are allowed.
Unless its an urgency, it would be prudent to wait for few days after the removal of lock down and decide.

As per media reports, KL is planning on quarantine for those coming from other states.

If its any emergency, you can follow the guidelines mentioned in below post by Calicut Collector.

Link
Old 22nd April 2020, 15:01   #12548
BANNED

Quote:
All,

From a health point of view, wait for 7 - 10 days after last restriction on movement is removed. I guess bus travel will be last to be allowed. Also, check for hotspots and sealed areas on the route. What if drive through is not allowed? Budget for extra time, carry food and water and try to do non-stop.

And travel during day time. You dont want to be like those Palghar victims.
Old 2nd May 2020, 18:41   #12549
BHPian

Has any one figured out how to obtain inter-state travel pass to Karnataka from Kerala?

As per this news: https://www.hindustantimes.com/benga...cEYMnfjeJ.html

Dr Rajkumar Khatri, IAS and Arun Jeji Chakravarthy, IPS will be overall in charge of the movement of stranded people from outside States/UTs to Karnataka.
Old 2nd May 2020, 18:53   #12550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Has any one figured out how to obtain inter-state travel pass to Karnataka from Kerala?
As of now, you may have to register at the link below and wait

https://serviceonline.gov.in/karnata...SLRA-2KBH-BUH5
sandsun7 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2020, 19:49   #12551
UMe
BHPian

Quote:

Dr Rajkumar Khatri, IAS and Arun Jeji Chakravarthy, IPS will be overall in charge of the movement of stranded people from outside States/UTs to Karnataka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
As of now, you may have to register at the link below and wait
Thanks sandsun7 for the information. However there is timeout error using the link, I figured out that the correct link would be: https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English
Any information if the regular route to Kannur is open via kootupuzha? There was a news that not all the border checkposts will be open for inter state travel!
Old 2nd May 2020, 21:21   #12552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
However there is timeout error using the link, I figured out that the correct link would be: https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English
Any information if the regular route to Kannur is open via kootupuzha? There was a news that not all the border checkposts will be open for inter state travel!
Thanks sandsun7 and UMe for the information. I was literally struggling to get any input on this. Btw, between kerala and karnataka, only Muthanga route will be open is what i hear.
guruji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2020, 08:14   #12553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMe View Post
Thanks sandsun7 for the information. However there is timeout error using the link, I figured out that the correct link would be: https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English
Thanks for the correction.

Quote:
Thanks sandsun7 and UMe for the information. I was literally struggling to get any input on this. Btw, between Kerala and Karnataka, only Muthanga route will be open is what i hear.
Yes, as far as I have understood, for Kerala to Karnataka, only 2 checkposts are likely to be open- Thalappady, Kasargod, and one at Muthanga.
Along with the epass you get from Karnataka for entry, you need to get a medical certificate from Kerala in a prescribed form which will be provided by the respective district collector.
Below are the guidelines for people leaving Kerala as per the kerala govt:

Quote:
Procedure for going out of Kerala:
District Collectors concerned will issue movement passes for stranded persons along with a health certificate in enclosed format.
District Administration as per the requirement will designate the centers/ offices for medical screening and issuing the passes. Wide publicity about the locations of designated centres/offices shall be given by District Collector.
The medical screening will be limited to convey asymptomatic status of the person, and the contact history with COVID-19 confirmed cases will be recorded in the certificate as per self declaration by the person.
Vehicle pass will also be issued along with the movement pass mentioning Vehicle Number and permissible number of persons as per social distancing norms. The social distancing norms for a bus/Van are half of the permitted seating capacity.
Maximum 4 passengers will be allowed in a car/five seater vehicle and 5
passengers in a 7 seater vehicle. Social distancing norms shall be strictly followed throughout the journey.
The proper use of Sanitizers and Masks by the passengers shall be ensured.
An exit and entry pass/passes shall be issued by District Collectors to those
persons who seek to go outside states to bring back their stranded child/ children, spouse and parent/s. It must be ensured that entry passes for such person must contain the detail/s of such family member/s whom he is intending to bring back.
The journey outside state will be subject to approval by the counterpart state/s,entry inside on return will be subject to observance of procedure prescribe for medical screening, quarantine etc.
The movement pass issued shall be valid for beginning journey within two days from the date of issue of pass.
The full guidelines attached here: (courtesy: mpksuhas)
GO Rt 1411.pdf

Last edited by sandsun7 : 3rd May 2020 at 08:16.
sandsun7 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th May 2020, 15:09   #12554
Senior - BHPian

Just sharing the information shared by my friend ARUN P.R. He travelled from Electronic city in Bangalore to Kerala via Muthanga check post in Wayanad. Date of Journey : 4 th May 2020. Thanks to him for penning down the whole experience that could be useful to many who may want to travel to Kerala.

Quote:
*Bangalore to Kerala Interstate Travel during lockdown time*

*How to apply for pass*

Register in given links in the order given:
1. Norka roots (Mandatory)- https://registernorkaroots.org/
2. Covid jagratha for District collector approval (Mandatory)- https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.i...lEmergencyPass
3. KA travel pass (Optional. This could be useful for us to go back to KA) - https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/service.html

Once you apply in Covid Jagratha, you will get an SMS that its registered successfully. After that once your district collector approve your travel. You will get another SMS stating that your travel request is approved. Along with the SMS you will have a link to download the travel pass.

*Mandatory things to carry and to be taken care while travelling.*

1. 5 copies of Kerala travel pass . Stick one copy in your windshield. This will help during travel at checking points
2. Original photo ID proof of all passengers
3. Carry water and food in the vehicle. Better not to stop any where. During my travel I came out of the vehicle at Muthanga only. This will make your travel safe.
4. Hand sanitizers
5. Dont open your windows fully while stopping to provide details. As we dont know if the person collecting the details has any infection. So be careful during your travel.

*Travel experience*

Bangalore Electronic city to Kerala through Muthanga Wayanadu
Started from bangalore at 5.40am, through nice road. Nice road still they are accepting only cash, so better keep a changed of Rs 105
First police checking in front of Christ college Kengeri, then 2 more checking before Mysore.

From Mysore, take T.Narasipura - Chamaraj nagar - Gundalpet - Muthanga route. They are not allowing Nanjancode route as its Covid hotspot. Between Mysore to Muthanga border they stopped at 2 places and collected travel details.

Pass stuck on the windshield will avoid unwanted questions from Police. Please write your mobile number as well in the pass.

At Muthanga Karantaka check post they asked a copy of pass and collected all details of travel.

Then as soon as we enter Kerala, First checking was from Forest department. They collected all the details and verified ID proofs. Second Fireforce, they sanitized the car exterior using a spray
Third Excise department, they collected all the details and checked temparature. Fourth Covid Clinic which is about 1KM after the excise check post.

Here we need to park the vehicle and come out. Then:

1. Wash hand using handwash
2. Use hand sanitizer
3. Then wait for our turn to enter the clinic. At Muthanga there were 4 counters. They arranged a shelter and chairs. But to avoid risk I didnot use chairs . It took about 10mns for my turn. One thing to be careful, dont touch anywhere as we dont know who all travelled through and if any of them are infected. Prevention is better than cure.
4. In the clinic first they checked temparature, they asked if we have any symptoms of Covid. Since everything was OK they gave permission for Home quarantine.
[FYI, In case of any symptoms of Covid or Temparature, they will take Swab samples and has to wait 2 days for results. They will allow to travel only after clearing the test result. Please dont get confused. This is applicable if and only if you have any symptoms of Covid]
5. Then they offered food, but since we carried food we told NO with thanks.
6. Though we cleared the testing in 30 mins, we had to wait more than 2.5 hours for the Police approvals. Police is providing convoy service from Muthanga to Wayanad border end (till the peak of Thamarassery Churam).

From there to my native every time we enter a new district, Police stopped and validated the pass and collected details.

Though it took 18 hours, we were able to reach safely.

While we were travelling, we got calls from Aasha worker of our ward about our travel. She also visited our home and confirmed about home quarantine.

I would like to thank all the officials and Police men for their frontly and caring behaviour though out the journey. Our sincere thanks to Central, Kerala and Karanataka Governments for all the security measures taken to avoid spreading of Covid.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th May 2020 at 16:28. Reason: Typo, spacing. Thanks for sharing.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 09:29   #12555
Senior - BHPian

Travel pass issued by Kerala acceptable in Karnataka; Keralites continue to return home

6 May 2020, 08:59 AM IST

https://english.mathrubhumi.com/news...home-1.4740374

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le31512697.ece

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 6th May 2020 at 09:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks