Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2020, 13:52   #12601
BANNED

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Any update.. planning to go via walayar tomorrow.

How long it takes to complete the formalities.. and any disinfectant sprayed into car ?
Old 29th May 2020, 14:33   #12602

Quote:
Any update.. planning to go via walayar tomorrow.

How long it takes to complete the formalities.. and any disinfectant sprayed into car ?
We reached Walayar around 9AM, took us no more than 20 minutes to get through the entire process.
No disinfectants were sprayed into our car.
rohanjt96 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 16:29   #12603

Given that all travel restrictions during day time are lifted, do we still need a pass? Also, how about children less than 10 years old? Is there any restrictions for travel?
Old 31st May 2020, 16:48   #12604
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george.joe View Post
Given that all travel restrictions during day time are lifted, do we still need a pass? Also, how about children less than 10 years old? Is there any restrictions for travel?
For interstate travel to Kerala, pass is a must. We know that restrictions are lifted, but corona virus doesn't.

Last edited by anb : 31st May 2020 at 16:53.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 07:45   #12605
BHPian

As of today, travel from Kerala to Karnataka doesn't need a pass, but only acknowledgement from sevasindhu website application. Is anyone traveling/traveled today via Muthanga? How is the situation? Are they allowing to travel without Pass?
Old 1st June 2020, 11:32   #12606
BANNED

Kerala to bangalore via TN requires all 3 passes ( KL, TN (transit) and KA (just application is enough ).

My friend is going tomorrow.. I will check and update
Old 4th June 2020, 19:29   #12607
Senior - BHPian

For people doing Interstate travel, for eg from Pune to Kerala, how do the travelers manage with the overnight stay? Since KA and TN are giving "Transit" pass are we allowed to even stop for the night at a hotel?
Old 4th June 2020, 21:06   #12608

Quote:
For people doing Interstate travel, for eg from Pune to Kerala, how do the travelers manage with the overnight stay? Since KA and TN are giving "Transit" pass are we allowed to even stop for the night at a hotel?
I drove down from Hyderabad.
I pulled over near a petrol bunk after entering TN and slept in the car for around 3 hours. No hotels or other establishments were open during our travel. (20th May)
rohanjt96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2020, 05:37   #12609
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Someone in my know did a Mumbai-Tvm drive last month - there were 3 of them from the same company, on a rented EcoSport. They fixed a tentative date to apply for the passes and started as soon as all 3 passes were approved. They packed as much food and water as they could, used fuel stations for bio-breaks and power naps, and took turns to drive. No hotels were open, but they were averse to staying in one even if rooms were available.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 11:26   #12610
Senior - BHPian

New guidelines allows returning Business travelers to be exempted from quarantine in Karnataka if back in 4 days. Kerala allows entry of business travelers without quarantine up to 7 days. This will allow us to visit Kerala and return within 4 days without quarantine in both the states

I am yet to figure out the definition given for a business traveler. Is it only linked to the duration of travel, or the purpose of visit need to be business. Whether I can visit my home in Kerala using this option is yet to be explored.

Business traveler native of Karnataka & going to other States

1. For a traveler who is returning within 4 days from the date of journey there is no testing & no quarantine when he / she comes back to the State. Such a person should report to Apthamitra Helpline (14410) regarding the status of their health during the next 14 days.2. For a traveler who is returning back after 4 days should follow the quarantine protocol as mentioned above in Para 3 (ll) (A & B)

Last edited by gadadhar : 11th June 2020 at 11:28.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 08:39   #12611
BHPian

Any one travelled recently from Kerala to Bangalore via Tamil Nadu? Do we need an exit pass from Kerala and a transit pass from TN? For entering KA, I believe it is just an acknowledgement from Seva Sindhu portal.
Old 16th June 2020, 00:53   #12612
BHPian

Planning to travel from Chennai to Cochin this week, i have applied for the KL entry pass(mandatory for the TN pass to be issued) today. I have selected Walayar as my entry point. Could anyone tell me how long it usually takes for the KL entry pass to be issued? And the same for the TN pass. Plan is drive overnight from Chennai and arrive at Walayar on the 18th (selected the 10AM slot).

Also, would really appreciate if anyone could help me with these queries:
1. are soft copies enough or do i need to carry print-outs to affix any seal/stamps?
2. wanted to avoid driving in the early hours, but did not have a choice given the slots available at the checkpost- any experiences regarding crossing different districts at night in TN? Any hindrances from law enforcement?
3. Plan to take the Vilupuram-Salem-Erode-Coimbatore route, seems to be the quickest- any idea of the road conditions, the alternate route is kanchipuram-vellore-ambur-krishnagiri-dharmapuri-salem, would that be better? The time difference between the two is around 20 minutes
4. Any reports of any incidents or potentially unsafe routes/areas in the routes mentioned, considering very sparse traffic in these times and especially at the odd hours i will be out at.

Getting a lot of conflicting reports from those who have travelled, so trying to gather as much information as possible.

Thanks in advance!
Old 17th June 2020, 15:04   #12613
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
1. are soft copies enough or do i need to carry print-outs to affix any seal/stamps?
Soft copies are enough but you would need to stop and show it on your phone at various checkpoints en route. A print out stuck on the windshield would make life easier.

Quote:
3. Plan to take the Vilupuram-Salem-Erode-Coimbatore route, seems to be the quickest- any idea of the road conditions, the alternate route is kanchipuram-vellore-ambur-krishnagiri-dharmapuri-salem, would that be better? The time difference between the two is around 20 minutes
If you are afraid of desolate places better to stick to the kanchipuram-vellore-ambur-krishnagiri-dharmapuri-salem NH route. On the Ulundurpet Salem leg of the first route, you would rarely see traffic let alone people at odd hours.
longhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 16:07   #12614
BHPian

Quote:
Vilupuram-Salem-Erode-Coimbatore is my usual route from Chennai to Coimbatore. Splendid roads throughout. Absolutely no issues. It is quite safe to drive as I have done it multiple times.

Quote:
4. Any reports of any incidents or potentially unsafe routes/areas in the routes mentioned, considering very sparse traffic in these times and especially at the odd hours i will be out at.
Just be vigilant in the Ulundurpettai - Salem stretch because it alternates between 2-way carriage and 4-way carriage. The alternate route is full of truck traffic is what I've heard.

Other than this it's the usual stuff of not stopping unnecessarily and staying within the speed limit. Nothing to be afraid of because you are driving at odd hours. Just enjoy the drive mate

Have a safe trip.
Old 17th June 2020, 17:41   #12615
ike
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
The ulundurpet route is my usual route driving from Chennai to Thrissur and back. The Ulundurpet - Salem stretch has sparse traffic even during the day and at night there are very few places where you could stop for some coffee or want to take a power nap. It may still be safe, just that it sees less traffic and people.

Our friendly Mod Gannu is pretty much a veteran on the Krishnagiri route, I think it will have more options for food, fuel and rest especially at night.

Last edited by ike : 17th June 2020 at 17:42.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks