Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2021, 09:35   #13126
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
Can someone tell me if any Epass requirement exists for travelling to Mumbai from Thrissur by tain, thanks in advance
No pass required but please refer to the latest rule by MH-

Maharashtra had made it mandatory for passengers travelling ..

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...campaign=cppst
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 10:41   #13127
Senior - BHPian

Received this news via Whats App. People heading to Kerala or already in Kerala and wants to return to KA may want to keep tracking this news closely to avoid unexpected trouble.
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-20210215_104407.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 15th February 2021 at 10:44.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 13:35   #13128

Thamarassery Ghat Road being repaired ahead of monsoon. The Hindu dated Feb 15, 2021.

Need your advice. I am travelling from Calicut University to Bengaluru, with family in an SUV - including a toddler who loves animals.

What is the better route:
  1. Ramanattukara - Nilambur - Nadugani - Gudalur - Gundlupete - Mysuru - Mandya - Bengaluru
  2. Kozhikode - Perambra - Kuttiady - Pakranthalam Churam - Kainatty - Muthanga - Gundlupete - Mysuru - Bengaluru
  3. Kozhikode - Perambra - Kuttiady - Pakranthalam Churam - Kattikulam - HD Kote - Mysuru - Bengaluru
Old 15th February 2021, 13:45   #13129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patekgeneve View Post
What is the better route:
  1. Ramanattukara - Nilambur - Nadugani - Gudalur - Gundlupete - Mysuru - Mandya - Bengaluru
  2. Kozhikode - Perambra - Kuttiady - Pakranthalam Churam - Kainatty - Muthanga - Gundlupete - Mysuru - Bengaluru
  3. Kozhikode - Perambra - Kuttiady - Pakranthalam Churam - Kattikulam - HD Kote - Mysuru - Bengaluru
#2 is circuitous but has the best roads. #1 has two interstate crossings and I'd avoid that (if I were taking this I'd cross over to NH 213 around the airport and then Areekode-Edavanna-Nilambur instead of coming to Ramanattukara). If #3 works out in terms of timing / road closures etc. I'd take it.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 16:15   #13130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patekgeneve View Post
Need your advice. I am travelling from Calicut University to Bengaluru, with family in an SUV - including a toddler who loves animals.
My brother did Bangalore - Calicut today, cross this section around 2.00 PM today. He mentions that traffic was thin, buses are stopping at start of ghats in both directions and turning back with shuttle buses in the remaining section.

Else, there was no stoppages as such and that road work which is happening currently is minor one. He was able to drive through the regular -ghat section without any stoppages. Maybe in few days time, once work picks up, things may change.
Old 16th February 2021, 13:01   #13131
BHPian

Read a statement from BBMP commissioner mentioning that those who are travelling from Kerala to Bangalore need to carry Covid negative certificate (RT-PCR mandatory).

Saw few news reporting. But did not see that update in the twitter handle of BBMP.

https://www.manoramaonline.com/news/...-official.html

A Malayalam daily report..

Last edited by Sree73 : 16th February 2021 at 13:03.
Old 16th February 2021, 13:14   #13132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Read a statement from BBMP commissioner mentioning that those who are travelling from Kerala to Bangalore need to carry Covid negative certificate (RT-PCR mandatory).
It is not the law yet, just a TAC (Technical Advisory Committee) recommendation.

What Manjunatha actually said is that an order will be issued soon as per the TAC's recommendation. Trust our media to put two and two together and arrive at 22.

The Hindu got it right:

Quote:
An order [...] will be issued making it mandatory for anyone from Kerala coming into the city to possess a negative RT-PCR test report that is not older than 72 hours.
Edit: I believe this order will certainly be issued, btw - in another day or two. In fact I understand Maharashtra has already issued a similar order.

Last edited by binand : 16th February 2021 at 13:16.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 21:50   #13133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I believe this order will certainly be issued, btw - in another day or two.
Sorry to quote my own post, but now apparently this order has been issued. This tweet from the official ID of the Health Department has the order.

https://twitter.com/DHFWKA/status/1361657619224530948

Attaching the pages here.

All Roads to Kerala-p1.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-p2.jpg

All Roads to Kerala-p3.jpg
Old 16th February 2021, 22:27   #13134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Received this news via Whats App. People heading to Kerala or already in Kerala and wants to return to KA may want to keep tracking this news closely to avoid unexpected trouble.
Quoting my post itself to update on the news. Please find attached circular released by Karnataka.

Quote:

CIRCULAR
Subject: Special surveillance measures for arrivals from Kerala (into Karnataka including
Bangalore) with immediate effect.

Reference: Proceedings of the 74th meeting of State COVID-19-Technical Advisory

Committee (TAC), Dept. of Health & Family Welfare, Dated: 13.02.2021

With reference to above subject and as per recommendations of the Technical Advisory
Committee, the following measures are mandated to be followed:
1. lf there are a cluster of 5 or more cases of Covid -19 in hostels, boarding or residential,
educational institutions such places shall be declared as "containment zones "by the local
health authorities and special surveillance measures initiated. After 7 days of notifying of
the containment zone, the students and staffshould be re-tested with RT-pCR.
2. Strict enforcement of Covid-19 precautions like compulsory wearing of face masks,
physical distancing, use of hand sanitizers, monitoring for symptomatic in hostels,
educational institutions are very important, and heads of institutions shall be made
responsible for any lapses in this regard.
3. All those arriving from Kerala and checking into hotels, resorts, hostels, home stays,
dormitories, etc. shall compulsorily produce a negative RT-PCR certificate that is not older
than 72 hours. Owners of the above mentioned places should ensure that the occupants
produce negative RT-PCR certificate.
4. Positive samples (CT cycle less than 20) shall be sent to NIMHANS laboratory for genomic
sequencing.
5. Hostels and Colleges:
Residents should not be allowed to have visitors/relatives without obtaining express
permission from the Covid nodal officers. A list of Students travelling to and from
Kerala from the hostel/college should be maintained by a competent authority. The
students shall compulsorily produce RT PCR negative test reports, not older than 72
hours, each time they return from Kerala and till the situation improves.

b. Strictly no visitors are allowed to enter hostel premises for any purpose. Only
urgent/necessary needs for taking things from the room are allowed; students
staying in campus / security guards will help do the picking.
c. As for as possible, all the students residing in the hostel should stay in separate
rooms to maintain adequate physical distance and avoid crowding.
d. Any potential for super spreading avenues (such as crowding in dining areas, waiting
for halls, reading rooms, indoor playing areas, gymnasium etc.)should be prevented
inside the hostel and colleges/schools. The meal timing should be staggered to
ensure that there is no crowding in the dining area.
e. Day scholars travelling from Kerala to schools/colleges in any part of the Karnataka
shall be subjected to RTPCR testing every fortnightly.
6. Those who have arrived from Kerala in the past two weeks (colleges, hospitals, nursing
homes, hostel, hotel, lodge etc.) in the State of Karnataka shall compulsorily be subjected
to RT- PCR test.
a. An exemption is given only to those who have a valid RT PCR negative test report not
older than 72 hours.
b. Anyone who does not comply with this shall immediately be reported to the nodal
person/a uthoritles and made to strictly stay in the designated "quarantine room "in
the facility till RT-PCR test report is negative.
All the students in medical/engineering or other professional colleges who have
arrived from Kerala should be tested for RT PCR.
d. Nursing & Paramedical college students to be tested once.
7. Stricter compliance of the Covid appropriate behaviors in all the colleges should be
ensured by the college and university administration. There shall be a nodal person in the
hostel and the classes to monitor the students' health condition and others, more so of
those from Kerala for COVID -19 symptoms, etc. and ensure compliance to COVID -19
precautions / appropriate behaviors.
8. The students from Kerala who reside in the hostels shall avoid frequently travelling to
their native place unless it is strongly justified. Such students returning from Kerala shall
bring a negative RT-PCR test report that is not more than 72 hours old.
10. The relevant SoP of COVID -19 of GoK/University / National regulatory authorities like
UGC, NMC, AICTE, etc. for higher educational institutions shall be strictly complied with.
Any failure to do so, the head of the institution shall be held responsible under the Epidemic Diseases Act.

11. lt ls recommended to ramp up testing and strengthen the COVID-19 surveillance activities
in all the colleges, residential facilities which have accommodated the students and
others from Kerala.
12. The guidelines for the ensuring prevention of COVlDlg outbreaks in colleges will apply to
hotels, resorts, apartments and all residential facilities in Bengaluru. The authorities for
these facilities should ensure a negative RT-PCR certificate that is not older than 72 hours
and valid for 7 days is produced by any person travelling from Kerala.
13. The outbreaks in any of these places occur only when the Sops are not well implemented.
The accountability for implementing the SoPs and outbreak response will be the
responsibility of the Heads of the institutions.
14. The health authorities shall monitor the colleges/schools for compliance to Covid-19
appropriate behavior and testing at regular intervals.
All the returnees from Kerala shall produce negative RT PCR certificate, which is not older
than 72 Hrs. District Authorities may take suitable Preventive measures as & when
necessary with intimation to State.

Additional Chief Secretary to Government
Department of Health and Family Welfare.

To:
1. Commissioner-BBMP
2. Deputy Commissioners of all districts
3. CEO, ZP of all districts
4. The District Health and Family Welfare officers of all districts
5. The District Surgeons of all districts
6. The District Surveillance Officers of all districts
7. The APHO, Bengaluru lnternational Airport, Bengaluru.
8. The Director, Medical Education
Copy for kind information to:
1. Chief Secretary to Government of Karnataka
2. Additional Chief Secretary to Hon'ble Chief Minister
3. Additional Chief Secretary, Home Department
4. Commissioner, Health and F W Services
5. Mission Director-National Health Mission
6. The Director, Health and Family Welfare Services

Attached Files
File Type: pdf HFW 52 ACS 2021001.pdf (1.01 MB, 173 views)

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 16th February 2021 at 22:30.
Old 16th February 2021, 22:39   #13135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Sorry to quote my own post, but now apparently this order has been issued. This tweet from the official ID of the Health Department has the order.
To help me understand, only folks coming from or going to hostels require this test? What about individuals going for a quick visit home?
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 23:05   #13136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
To help me understand, only folks coming from or going to hostels require this test? What about individuals going for a quick visit home?
It's applicable to all. The point #12 and last line from the circular below

Quote:

12. The guidelines for the ensuring prevention of COVlD19 outbreaks in colleges will apply to hotels, resorts, apartments and all residential facilities in Bengaluru. The authorities for these facilities should ensure a negative RT-PCR certificate that is not older than 72 hours and valid for 7 days is produced by any person travelling from Kerala.

All the returnees from Kerala shall produce negative RT PCR certificate, which is not older than 72 Hrs. District Authorities may take suitable Preventive measures as & when necessary with intimation to State.
Old 17th February 2021, 10:02   #13137
BHPian

How are they going to check if people are returning from Kerala?

For e.g., if I travel to KL, and return via the Salem route, are they going to stop me and check whether I am coming from KL or just gone to TN? Because, if they do, then they would have to stop each and every vehicle (not just KL registered), as I could be coming back in my KA registered vehicle.
Repsol is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 10:38   #13138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
How are they going to check if people are returning from Kerala?
I believe the owners/management of hotels, colleges, PGs, RWAs, offices, hostels etc. are all co-opted into implementing this order. See point #3 in the order.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 13:57   #13139

I have the same question. I am planning to travel this Sunday from Tvm and reach Bangalore via TN. Do I need to produce a RT-PCR test certificate?
Old 18th February 2021, 17:27   #13140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captianpuggu View Post
I have the same question. I am planning to travel this Sunday from Tvm and reach Bangalore via TN. Do I need to produce a RT-PCR test certificate?
I believe, all Check posts between Kerala and KA has been advised to check for RTPCR for all occupants. Even from TN side KL vehicles will have to show the RTPCR Negative Certificates

This is what I am hearing our are BBMP Volunteers Groups

Best Regards and Drive safe

Regards
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks