Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2021, 17:56   #13141
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I believe, all Check posts between Kerala and KA has been advised to check for RTPCR for all occupants. Even from TN side KL vehicles will have to show the RTPCR Negative Certificates

This is what I am hearing our are BBMP Volunteers Groups

Best Regards and Drive safe

Regards
What if I'm going with a KA vehicle from Kerala and entering via Attibele?
Old 18th February 2021, 18:46   #13142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibin View Post
What if I'm going with a KA vehicle from Kerala and entering via Attibele?
Then you are a "smart and happy cuckoo".

If only BBMP/Government thought through things to this details the Bangalore wouldn't have been the "Pothole Capital of India"

Best Regards& Drive Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 19:21   #13143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Then you are a "smart and happy cuckoo".

If only BBMP/Government thought through things to this details the Bangalore wouldn't have been the "Pothole Capital of India"

Best Regards& Drive Safe

PLanning to drive tomorrow early morning from Kottayam to B'lore;
Btw have already done testing and have a negative rtpcr in hand, will update here on the happenings at Attibele by tomorrow

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd February 2021 at 04:23. Reason: Extra smileys deleted
Bibin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2021, 23:51   #13144
Senior - BHPian

Hope TN does not have this RTPCR -ve certificate requirement for KL vehicles entering the state ? I plan to drive to Chennai from KL this week.
I did the e-registration for TN which is enough I guess (no more TN e-pass).
Old 19th February 2021, 23:35   #13145
BHPian

Update on RTPCR and KA entry:

Crossed Attibele border in a KA car today afternoon and no one stopped and nobody checked.
Irrespective of KA or KL car you travel, I did not see anyone stopping and checking for any proof anywhere. There were few KL vehicles too at the tollgate when we crossed it in the afternoon and everything is as usual here. Not sure if there are any random screening at bus stations/Madiwala/Rly station etc.though.!
Bibin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 08:31   #13146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Hope TN does not have this RTPCR -ve certificate requirement for KL vehicles entering the state ? I plan to drive to Chennai from KL this week.
I did the e-registration for TN which is enough I guess (no more TN e-pass).
I'm a regular Coimbatore-Ernakulam, Coimbatore-Kannur traveler. No checking or requirements anywhere.
GeneralJazz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 10:13   #13147
Senior - BHPian

Saw in another group:
KA health officials have informed that effective Monday 22nd February, all travellers crossing into Karnataka via Makootta check post between Kannur and Kodagu need to mandatorily carry RT-PCR negative report. Checking will be done at Makkutta check post. This also applies to bus passengers including drivers and staff.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:26   #13148
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on how it is going on for KA entry through Attibele for the people coming from KL via Walayar? How do they differentiate the KL people and check on it? Any clue?

Quite ridiculous this thing seems to be. For a family of 4, you need to spend about Rs.10K for RTPCR for all, and also get pricked in the nose for just sitting safe at home all this while. Cannot imagine how to get the small kids through this test simply.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 22nd February 2021 at 10:28.
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:32   #13149
BHPian

Yesterday morning they were stopping cars at perumbadi checkpost (Makkutta route). I saw more than 5 cars were stopped and most of them were KL registered cars. As i was travelling towards Kerala not sure if they were insisting on the test report.
rajblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 10:35   #13150
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any updates on how it is going on for KA entry through Attibele for the people coming from KL via Walayar? How do they differentiate the KL people and check on it? Any clue?
As of a month ago, there was absolutely no check on any car or anyone for that matter. If anything, the biggest pain in Attibele was caused by the then unused shelter they had put up during lockdown to check papers and test people. That structure cuts off access to the leftmost 2 lanes causing a huge pile up of vehicles by forcing them to inch their way through to the toll lanes ahead

Don't know if this has changed in the last week or so (I doubt if it has), but did read in the newspaper that the government has asked educational institutions to make sure they insist on Covid negative test reports for those coming in to Karnataka from Kerala and Maharashtra.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd February 2021 at 10:38.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 11:43   #13151
BHPian

Quote:
Came back yesterday night, via Attibele Toll Plaza. Did not observe any sort of checking taking place there. (I was driving KA registered vehicle)
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:14   #13152
BHPian

Quote:

Quite ridiculous this thing seems to be. For a family of 4, you need to spend about Rs.10K for RTPCR for all, and also get pricked in the nose for just sitting safe at home all this while. Cannot imagine how to get the small kids through this test simply.
Don't think they can implement any checks in Attibele, bit they have already implemented the checks in those gates where KL and KA shared borders.

Lot many KA vehicles travel down to and from Hosur every day, though we had the RT-PCR done during our trip on Friday, I did not find anything unusual at Attibele on that day. If you are still sceptical about the entry via Attibele, get into Hosur town and travel on the state highway to cross the border near TVS factory or even you could travel toward Anekal/Jigni to enter KA, few ussgestion I found that could be viable!
Bibin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:28   #13153
Senior - BHPian

I have a travel coming up and we are going to be 5 people including kids. Now I have to shell out close to Rs.10K to get this done and also bear the discomforts of providing samples. All this for being very cautious all this while. Atrociousness to the extreme. Inspite of the center clearing up all these inter state restrictions, how can the state simply put some checks like this.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2021, 13:33   #13154
BHPian

Quote:
I have a travel coming up and we are going to be 5 people including kids. Now I have to shell out close to Rs.10K to get this done and also bear the discomforts of providing samples. All this for being very cautious all this while. Atrociousness to the extreme. Inspite of the center clearing up all these inter state restrictions, how can the state simply put some checks like this.
Btw, my secret suggestion was to go without an RTPCR
And if they ask at the border (worst case) ask them the way to get tested there. And if there is no checking you have already saved your 10K

Our case was in such way that we had multiple appointments fixed and we could not accomodate any delays so to be on the safer ground we did the RTPCR and reached Attibele. Since there was no checking done there I suggested the above option. Reached Bangalore by Friday afternoon and left Bangalore on Sunday 3.30AM

Also don't do this trial and error method at any other border gates. This is only applicable in and around Attibele.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 22nd February 2021 at 22:12. Reason: Smileys - 2 per post. Thanks.
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:40   #13155
BHPian

RT-PCR test costs Rs.1500 and above in Kerala. The financial burden will be considerable, if you are travelling with family. Not to mention the hassle for small children and the elderly to take the test; the current guidelines do not exclude any group.

Last week I travelled to Kerala after staying put in Bangalore for a year. I was supposed to return next week, but now thinking of postponing it because I do not want to take my 7 year old to a lab visit.

Most Viewed