Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2021, 19:59   #13156
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Got to know from friends that today KA has allowed vehicles to enter via Muthanga - Moolehole(KA check post). There were few pile ups of cars and they were just checking the temperature of the travellers and covid negative certificates were not asked. It seems they'll go strict on this starting tomorrow.

A related news on other borders

Quote:
Health and police personnel are on duty at the four borders, viz.Talapady in Mangalore taluk, Saradka in Bantwal, Nettanige-Mudnuru in Puttur taluk and Jalsoor in Sullia, to verify and allow people's entry into Karnataka.
Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/state/t...19-953973.html

http://wayanadvision.in/60094/
https://www.bengaluruvartha.in/archives/63327

There's another news on a Kerala headed car being chased at Mudhumala tiger reserve in a robbery attempt.

https://www.bengaluruvartha.in/archives/63358

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 22nd February 2021 at 20:11.
Old 22nd February 2021, 20:34   #13157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
There's another news on a Kerala headed car being chased at Mudhumala tiger reserve in a robbery attempt.
Saw this in somewhat more MSM. Didn't really think there was an attempt to rob - just sounded like the car passengers were a bit paranoid.

Last edited by binand : 22nd February 2021 at 21:02.
Old 23rd February 2021, 12:20   #13158
Senior - BHPian

Latest update.

Karnataka withdraws the circular issued earlier on the mandatory covid negative certificate for travellers from Kerala for KA entry. Instead new suggestions are being put forward. They will set up antigen test centres and post collecting samples, travellers would be allowed to pass.

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/news/ker...ning-1.5463528

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 23rd February 2021 at 12:25.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2021, 23:56   #13159
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Latest update.

Karnataka withdraws the circular issued earlier on the mandatory covid negative certificate for travellers from Kerala for KA entry. Instead new suggestions are being put forward. They will set up antigen test centres and post collecting samples, travellers would be allowed to pass.

https://www.mathrubhumi.com/news/ker...ning-1.5463528
Doubt it, just picked my wife up from a Cochin flight, could not board without a -ve test certificate
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 17:07   #13160

Has anyone traveled recently by road (23-24 Feb) ? My wife traveled by flight with a negative RT-PCR report on 21-Feb and no one checked in Tvm or Bengaluru. And hence I decided I will not get the test done. However looking at recent developments I think I will have to get tested as I am traveling by road on 27-Feb. Only concern is I am traveling with my 6-yr old daughter and want to avoid the pain of nasal swab test for her!
I will be going via TN and enter KA through Attibele.
Old 24th February 2021, 17:21   #13161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Doubt it, just picked my wife up from a Cochin flight, could not board without a -ve test certificate
Did any one ask her anything in Bangalore Airport ?

Last Saturday, I was told the same thing in Trivandrum airport (sir, you can't board without a -ive Certificate) - I had one but was fooling with the young man at the check in counter.

But I was very disappointed that no one asked me anything when I landed here - on 20th February

Best Regards & Drive Safe
Old 24th February 2021, 18:42   #13162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captianpuggu View Post
Has anyone traveled recently by road (23-24 Feb) ? My wife traveled by flight with a negative RT-PCR report on 21-Feb and no one checked in Tvm or Bengaluru. And hence I decided I will not get the test done. However looking at recent developments I think I will have to get tested as I am traveling by road on 27-Feb. Only concern is I am traveling with my 6-yr old daughter and want to avoid the pain of nasal swab test for her!
So far, there are no reports of any kind of checks happening at TN-KA border. Its highly impractical at Attibelle to do any sort of passenger screening.

Airlines will be the first to comply with the state rules as it is easier to implement. But having no one to check at Bangalore terminal exit means BBMP is not bothered.
Old 24th February 2021, 18:53   #13163
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captianpuggu View Post
Me thinks, the chances of checking are higher if you are driving a KL registered car. If KA registered, you can claim you are driving in from TN.
Old 26th February 2021, 10:08   #13164
BHPian

What is the situation in Walayar and other CPs bordering TN? Do they insist Covid negative certificate? Anyone travelled yesterday or today please update. I am driving tomorrow to TN.
Old 26th February 2021, 10:14   #13165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
What is the situation in Walayar and other CPs bordering TN? Do they insist Covid negative certificate? Anyone travelled yesterday or today please update. I am driving tomorrow to TN.
I do a daily commute on this route. I have yet to find anyone even available at the border checkpost to ask for such a certificate.
rohitoasis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 20:46   #13166

I reached Bangalore today at 1600 hrs via Attibelle. Left from TVM and entered TN via Kaliyikkavila. I was not stopped anywhere to check any Covid docs or even Thermal screening. I was in my KA reg car, however, saw few KL cars also crossing and none were stopped. Now I feel I shouldn't have wasted money on RT PCR test
Captianpuggu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 08:01   #13167
Distinguished - BHPian

My sister traveled from Calicut to Vellore. They had taken the covid -ve certificate. No checking anywhere. I had gone to pick them up and come to Bangalore and crossed the border via the Sarjapur- Nallur-Hosur route. No checking of any sort here too.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 08:07   #13168
BHPian

I drove to Chennai on Saturday and returned on Sunday, both entry and exit through Walayar. No checking anywhere. On returning there was an routine police check at Ambur, asked where from/to, purpose etc. They even didn't ask for e-pass!
Old 1st March 2021, 08:23   #13169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBoss View Post
They even didn't ask for e-pass!
E-pass usage has been discontinued long back, iirc.
Old 1st March 2021, 09:43   #13170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
E-pass usage has been discontinued long back, iirc.
But after the recent restrictions for people from KL, there was report in newspapers that people travelling to TN from KL must register in their portal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks