Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2021, 16:08   #13201
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quick Update on covid restrictions while crossing state borders:

I just completed the first leg of my return journey to Ahmedabad, Chavakkad – Bangalore crossing two state borders. With news about restrictions at the KA border as well as e-pass requirement at the TN border made me a bit skeptical.

While I promptly applied for the TN transit pass online, I did not get the RTPCR done to enter Karnataka. This was due to the ambiguity around the requirement and which borders they were trying to strictly impose this. But surprisingly, I did not see any action or checking near either of the borders.

This make me think whether all the news that we read on the news channels about border being locked again for commute, is it real or just hyped up by the media for God knows why! Because, while media houses talked about these restrictions and RTPCR requirements, social media and fellow travelers vouched that the borders are open and its BAU.

Being a workday, and probably Covid, traffic was comparatively less making it easy for me to reach Bangalore without my drama while never exceeding 90-95 KMPH most of the time.

Quick Summary:

Start Time: 4:00 AM (Chavakkad, Thrissur)
End Time: 13:15 PM (KR Puram, Bangalore)
Distance Covered: 508 KMs
Time Taken: 9hr 15mins (Including 30 mins breakfast break and a 10 minute coffee break; both at A2B)
Car: Ford Ecosport TDCI

Drive Safe,
R-Six
R-Six is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 08:17   #13202
BHPian

Walayar Update as of today. Unlike as of last week where the right side lane of the highway was open. The entire road was blocked off and traffic was being allowed only through the service road. Anybody travelling outside the state do plan for additional time to cover the check.

In my case, i was prepared to show the E-Pass if asked, but at the time of the day that i cross (Around 7:20 AM), the desk was unmanned. So bit of anti climatic. I would suggest not to count on luck. Please take the E-Pass before the commute. The process takes around a minute.
rohitoasis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:54   #13203
BHPian

I Need to travel from Ernakulam to Mangalore by train this week. Is there any checking for RTPCR test results for Kerala passengers in Mangalore station. Also what is the situation if you travel by road?

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 15th March 2021 at 11:55.
Old 16th March 2021, 11:32   #13204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Travelled Coimbatore - Calicut today.

No checking on the TN side while exiting but the Kerala Police waved me down and got the details (Phone number and destination).
Quoting my own post.

Did CLT CBE today morning.

The traffic is diverted to the service road and the e-pass and the temperature is checked.

It took me about 30 mins to clear the border (10 am).
Old 16th March 2021, 13:09   #13205
BHPian

Anyone who has traveled in the past 1-2 days, can you confirm if there is any checks at KA border (Attibelle)?

I need to go to Krishnagiri, but not sure if I need to take an e-Pass to enter TN. Same goes for the return journey (same day), if an e-Pass and RTPCR is required to enter back into KA.
Old 16th March 2021, 13:30   #13206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
I Need to travel from Ernakulam to Mangalore by train this week. Is there any checking for RTPCR test results for Kerala passengers in Mangalore station. Also what is the situation if you travel by road?
No such checking in this stretch, be it either by train or road.

I drove to Mangalore on Sunday via Thalapady check post and there is absolutely no checking and not going to be one either, almost impractical to enforce it in this section.
balenoed_ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 11:34   #13207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Walayar Update as of today. Unlike as of last week where the right side lane of the highway was open. The entire road was blocked off and traffic was being allowed only through the service road. Anybody travelling outside the state do plan for additional time to cover the check.

In my case, i was prepared to show the E-Pass if asked, but at the time of the day that i cross (Around 7:20 AM), the desk was unmanned. So bit of anti climatic. I would suggest not to count on luck. Please take the E-Pass before the commute. The process takes around a minute.
Thanks , How do we apply for a transit pass in Tamil Nadu , I dont see that option at all
Old 19th March 2021, 11:55   #13208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorheart View Post
Thanks , How do we apply for a transit pass in Tamil Nadu , I dont see that option at all
Choose on landing page:
Individual/Group Travel via road

Step 1:
Reason: Others
Travel Range: Transit
bejoy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 11:30   #13209
BHPian

Has anyone travelled in the last 3-4 days from Kerala to bangalore via HOSUR, ATTIBELLE?

Is there COVID TEST checking for travellers from kerala at ATTIBELLE checkpost?

My parents are travelling from kochi to bangalore on 25th march and wanted to know whether they need to take the COVID test?
Old 20th March 2021, 11:55   #13210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post
My parents are travelling from kochi to bangalore on 25th march and wanted to know whether they need to take the COVID test?
Yes. They need to carry a negative report that is not older than 72 hours.
Old 20th March 2021, 22:25   #13211
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Yes. They need to carry a negative report that is not older than 72 hours.
But question is whether its enforced ?. Any checking in hosur boarder ?
Old 20th March 2021, 22:38   #13212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshiqueS View Post

Is there COVID TEST checking for travellers from kerala at ATTIBELLE checkpost?
A colleague of mine and his family travelled from Palakkad to Bangalore via Attibele on this last Thursday and there was no such checking. Very unlikely a checking is feasible at this border for KL passengers.
Old 21st March 2021, 07:56   #13213
BHPian

I have travelled yesterday (20 March 2021) from Thrissur to Bangalore. Sharing my experience. My car is a KA registered vehicle.

At the Walayar Border, once we cross the border bridge, the main road is blocked at the Tamil Nadu side. The traffic is routed through the service road. In the service road, there is a small set up (shamiyana) by the Coimbatore Municipal council (I guess) along with 3 constables. They have a provision to park hardly 4 to 5 cars. I could see that some KL registered cars are parked there and some enquiry is being done. Once these slots are full, I don’t think they can stop any cars. So they did not stop my car or any other KL registered vehicles.

At the Hosur-Attibele border, there is absolutely no checking. There are no counters also.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st March 2021 at 08:14. Reason: Punctuations, removed unwanted spaces, removed unnecessary dots. Please proof read your posts before submitting. Thanks.
motorheart is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 10:19   #13214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
But question is whether its enforced ?. Any checking in hosur boarder ?
Whether it is enforced or not, it is in our, our families', our neighbour's, our friends' and the society's best interest for us to comply, isn't it? Especially since by now it is very possible that the second wave is upon us?
binand is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 10:35   #13215
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Especially since by now it is very possible that the second wave is upon us?
Very true, I think it's time to show restraint by restricting travel to just emergencies and other situations where it can't be avoided. Hearing of more positive cases every day in the extended circle of friends and family.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks