Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
4,353,878 views Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2021, 22:05   #13351
pms
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 177
Thanked: 258 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
Made the trip yesterday. Here was my experience.

- Kerala. Again, had an epass. Multiple check points between Kaliyikkavila and Thiruvananthapuram - counted at least 6. Some were a stop and wave - but some of them asked for the epass.
Would be great if you can update whether RTPCR report was asked/checked at any place in KL?
Lastly will the vaccination completed status count?

Am planning a drive from BLR to KLM next week with family.
pms is online now  
Old 20th June 2021, 22:16   #13352
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,293
Thanked: 5,387 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
- Kerala. Again, had an epass. Multiple check points between Kaliyikkavila and Thiruvananthapuram - counted at least 6. Some were a stop and wave - but some of them asked for the epass.
Very curious about your experience inside Kerala. I believe Kerala has a complete shutdown during the weekend but how was the traffic? Were the signals functioning especially considering low traffic?
Turbohead is offline  
Old 20th June 2021, 22:30   #13353
BHPian
 
arun_sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Kottayam
Posts: 65
Thanked: 48 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Traveled today from Bangalore to Kottayam. Started at 5:00 AM and reached by 4:00 pm.
No hiccups on the way. Below are the documents that are needed .
1) Epass for TN - Starting address should be TN District . in my case gave it as my bangalore address & district as Krishnagiri and location as Hosur. portal took bangalore pincode . https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass >> Others
2) Epass for Kerala - https://covid19jagratha.kerala.nic.in/ >> Citizen >> Domestic Entry
3) RTPCR / Antigen negative certificate from bangalore (took it from local PHC at Bangalore). swab collection was on Friday and got the result on Saturday via sms.

Documents Needed : Print Out of TN Epass , Kerala E PASS and RTPCR/ antigen result.
Stick one Color Print out of TN pass on the windshield.

In TN they don't stop you as long as you have the Epass on the windshield. Also if possible put a colur printout as it would be easy to read from outside ( Black font on Yellow Background stating TN to KL )

While entering kerala @ walayar there is a check point. The officer in-charge asked 3 questions. Do you have KL Epass , How many passengers & do you have a covid negative certificate. you are asked to show the copies which he visually verified. Once done they allows you to continue the trip. In Ernakulam they stopped us twice and the moment they saw the TN pass on the windshield allowed us to proceed.

Saturday & Sunday are lockdowns but with valid pass we are allowed to travel. There was negligible traffic on road from walayar till angamally. None of the toll booths had traffic. and Fast tag worked in all the tool collection centers .

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 21st June 2021 at 08:49. Reason: edited - negligent to negligible
arun_sharon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 09:35   #13354
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KA51/KL66
Posts: 357
Thanked: 166 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
While entering kerala @ walayar there is a check point. The officer in-charge asked 3 questions. Do you have KL Epass , How many passengers & do you have a covid negative certificate. you are asked to show the copies which he visually verified.
So now they have started asking for Covid Negative certificate? Based on some of the recent posts on this thread, I thought they were not asking for covid test report, instead just the ePass was sufficient.
Repsol is offline  
Old 21st June 2021, 10:18   #13355
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 4,575 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Kerala is having the highest daily cases in India currently contributing to over 20% of case load. Still we have totally non coherent policies. I have not visited my home town for over 6 months now. But totally unsure of the inter state travel policy adopted by the state. Some time they ask for epass, RTPCR etc. Sometimes nothing.

Another foolish thing to do is allow buses following odd and even policy. I have no clue how this will help rather than resulting in more crowding. Same with total lock down on weekends ending up with huge crowds on Friday.
poloman is offline  
Old 21st June 2021, 10:55   #13356
BHPian
 
arun_sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Kottayam
Posts: 65
Thanked: 48 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
So now they have started asking for Covid Negative certificate? Based on some of the recent posts on this thread, I thought they were not asking for covid test report, instead just the ePass was sufficient.
Yes they are asking for the certificate. There were quite a few people who came without the covid negative certificate and as asked to go and take the test locally. it would be wise to do covid test in bangalore and travel.
arun_sharon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 11:07   #13357
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KA51/KL66
Posts: 357
Thanked: 166 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
Yes they are asking for the certificate. There were quite a few people who came without the covid negative certificate and as asked to go and take the test locally. it would be wise to do covid test in bangalore and travel.
Thanks for the info.

But isn't it contradicting the guidelines. As far as I am aware, one has 2 options.
  1. Either have the Covid negative report, and have no quarantine
  2. Else, if you don't have the test report, then go for 14 days quarantine if you are not willing to take a test there

Quite confusing how things are being implemented.
Repsol is offline  
Old 21st June 2021, 11:15   #13358
BHPian
 
MSAneesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 191
Thanked: 188 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post

But isn't it contradicting the guidelines. As far as I am aware, one has 2 options.
  1. Either have the Covid negative report, and have no quarantine
  2. Else, if you don't have the test report, then go for 14 days quarantine if you are not willing to take a test there

Quite confusing how things are being implemented.
Sometime back, remember seeing a report that test results are not required if you have proof of both doses of vaccine. Is this still valid?
MSAneesh is offline  
Old 21st June 2021, 11:58   #13359
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KA51/KL66
Posts: 357
Thanked: 166 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Sometime back, remember seeing a report that test results are not required if you have proof of both doses of vaccine. Is this still valid?
Havenít read anywhere about vaccine status being considered.

Another thing I wanted to check was, what is tre status of restaurants. Just want to ensure that clean washrooms are available.
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 12:25   #13360
BHPian
 
arun_sharon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore/Kottayam
Posts: 65
Thanked: 48 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Thanks for the info.

But isn't it contradicting the guidelines. As far as I am aware, one has 2 options.
  1. Either have the Covid negative report, and have no quarantine
  2. Else, if you don't have the test report, then go for 14 days quarantine if you are not willing to take a test there

Quite confusing how things are being implemented.
Very True. The way i is handled is absolute mess. I was trying to understand if we can travel during weekend . nowhere i could get a clear answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSAneesh View Post
Sometime back, remember seeing a report that test results are not required if you have proof of both doses of vaccine. Is this still valid?
I believe it all depends on the police officer at the check point. its high time kerala government make it clear and post it in covid jagratha portal. I am not sure why it is so difficult for them to add a single page with latest requirement for people to consume rather make it so murky.
arun_sharon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 20:40   #13361
BHPian
 
natrajdr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 9 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Since you traveled yesterday, one quick question, what is the status of restaurants and washrooms? I mean are major restaurants like A2B, Star Biryani, etc., open? Also, since you didnít mention about RT-PCR, I am assuming that nobody asked for it.

We are planning to travel this week. We donít intend to buy food, but want to be sure that there are clean washrooms available.
Washrooms same as always, I guess. I used the ones in the large gas stations -- not the restaurants.

Nowhere was a I asked for RT-PCR. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Very curious about your experience inside Kerala. I believe Kerala has a complete shutdown during the weekend but how was the traffic? Were the signals functioning especially considering low traffic?
Signals were working. In fact, there were cops in almost all intersections - but they were waving vehicles through as the traffic was low.

Last edited by vb-saan : 22nd June 2021 at 05:48. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
natrajdr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 14:32   #13362
BHPian
 
Rossiter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 147
Thanked: 252 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Drove into Kerala (Vadakkencherry) from Bangalore yesterday.
Wasn't checked for pass while entering TN at Attibele, but was checked just before entering Coimbatore.

At Walayar, they had stopped quite a few cars. I was asked for the Kerala epass and RTPCR (which I hadn't done). When I said we don't have an RTPCR, the cop asked me to show the 2nd dose certificate of vaccination, and let me go after I showed it. The whole thing took less than 30 seconds.

No other checks after that. Traffic was sparse after Salem, but lots of 2 wheeler traffic on the bypass/in and around towns.

Many popular eateries along the highway were open but only for takeaways.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 17:11   #13363
BHPian
 
Repsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: KA51/KL66
Posts: 357
Thanked: 166 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajdr View Post
Washrooms same as always, I guess. I used the ones in the large gas stations -- not the restaurants.

Nowhere was a I asked for RT-PCR. YMMV.
Did you travel yesterday (21-Jun)? Since you weren't stopped at Walayar (to check Epass or RT-PCR), may I ask, what time you entered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Wasn't checked for pass while entering TN at Attibele, but was checked just before entering Coimbatore.
Did they ask for just the TN EPass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
At Walayar, they had stopped quite a few cars. I was asked for the Kerala epass and RTPCR (which I hadn't done). When I said we don't have an RTPCR, the cop asked me to show the 2nd dose certificate of vaccination, and let me go after I showed it. The whole thing took less than 30 seconds.
We are planning to travel on Friday. We have only take Dose 1 of vaccine now.

I am actually closely watching this thread to see all reports from fellow BHPians who will travel this week, and will take a final call based on that.
Repsol is offline  
Old 22nd June 2021, 19:51   #13364
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 100
Thanked: 42 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

I'm planning to travel from Cochin --> Bangalore this Sunday starting 5pm.
Will the weekend curfew rules let me leave from Kerala?
dozer is offline  
Old 23rd June 2021, 12:34   #13365
BHPian
 
Sree73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 807
Thanked: 999 Times
Re: All Roads to Kerala

Those who are travelling in and out of Kerala on state highways / National highways by car be extremely careful of speed limits/cameras.

I had visited Thrissur and came back in last year Oct/Nov. After that not much of car usage and never checked. (KA reg Car).
Recently checked mParivahan App and saw my car status as blacklisted.

Checked the online portal and found 4 speed tickets each Rs.1500. Total Rs.6000 paid now :(
Attached Thumbnails
All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_20210623115804__01__01.jpg  

Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks