Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:46   #13366
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossiter View Post
Drove into Kerala (Vadakkencherry) from Bangalore yesterday.
Wasn't checked for pass while entering TN at Attibele, but was checked just before entering Coimbatore.
Hi, How did you get the TN epass? Now, the TN epass doesn't show an option for transit pass. What am i missing? Can you please help?
Old 24th June 2021, 01:01   #13367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post

Did they ask for just the TN EPass?
Yes, they were checking just the E-pass. I had stuck it on the windshield, so they only stopped me for a few seconds while they glanced at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Hi, How did you get the TN epass? Now, the TN epass doesn't show an option for transit pass. What am i missing? Can you please help?
You can select the "Others-Going out of TN" category in the TN e-pass portal, and select the travel range as going out of TN. For the reason in detail field, I had typed out "Transit from TN to Kerala".

I just got back to Bangalore from Vadakkencherry. No checking while entering TN at Walayar. The barriers were put up but nobody manning them. There was strict checking on the other side (entering KL).

At Attibele, non-KA cars were being flagged down just before the toll and were questioned.
Rossiter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 09:24   #13368
BHPian

Day 3 of "Back to commuting to office" across Kerala Tamilnadu Border.

Since Kerala lockdown got over last week and my employer was able to get two wheeler E pass for me. I have been commuting to Coimbatore from Palakkad for last two days. This post is for those looking to get updates on border crossing across Walayar.

Towards Kerala: E Pass is being mandatorily asked. RT PCR is not being asked. Please get a valid E Pass while crossing to save your time. The few minutes it takes at the border checkpost, i see quite a few people showing all sorts of documents like Tamilnadu direction E Pass etc and the cops are at their wits end with people like that.

Towards Tamilnadu: Traffic is still diverted to the service roads and barricades are available near the shamiana where the checking happens. At the time that i cross to Tamilnadu (Around 7AM daily), nobody is being stopped. There was no cop on the first day. Yesterday and today there were cops, but nobody was being stopped. I happened to chat with a car driver who crossed as well. Even they were not stopped. At evenings when i cross back. I did see a few cars stopped on one of days. I am really not sure what documents are being asked. Fingers crossed across this weekend to see if lockdown gets relaxed in Coimbatore officially and there wont be any fear crossing the border.
rohitoasis is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 11:22   #13369
BHPian

Planning to drive from Mumbai to Kannur...

Right now planning to drive down to Hubli and stop over for the night. Start fresh in the morning drive through Udpi-Mangalore and then into Kerala. Is that the best route? Or are there better routes?

Also what are the documents required now to cross each border. Maharashtra to Karnataka and also from Karnataka to Kerala. Since i am stopping for the night in Hubli do i need to take some pass in Karnataka? I will be taking the RT PCR on day before the journey start.

Also the return journey what should i expect in each border.
Old 25th June 2021, 15:04   #13370
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
Planning to drive from Mumbai to Kannur...

Also what are the documents required now to cross each border. Maharashtra to Karnataka and also from Karnataka to Kerala. Since i am stopping for the night in Hubli do i need to take some pass in Karnataka? I will be taking the RT PCR on day before the journey start.
If you take an RT PCR on the day before travelling and then break at Hubli, wouldn't the report be older than 24Hrs by the time you attempt crossing into Kerala?
Old 25th June 2021, 15:36   #13371

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_sharon View Post
Traveled today from Bangalore to Kottayam. Started at 5:00 AM and reached by 4:00 pm.
No hiccups on the way. Below are the documents that are needed .
Thank you for the details, arun_sharon. This information will definitely help fellow travellers in getting organised for the crossing.
Just one query: Is a Rapid Antigen Test result also accepted instead of an RT-PCR? I thought only RT-PCR was valid & accepted and no other testing methodology.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th June 2021 at 15:48.
Old 25th June 2021, 17:07   #13372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
If you take an RT PCR on the day before travelling and then break at Hubli, wouldn't the report be older than 24Hrs by the time you attempt crossing into Kerala?
I thought the guidelines were 72hrs. I thought to take the RT-PCR for example day 1. Day 2 report comes while i drive to Hubli. Then to Kerala on Day 3. That would be 48hrs. Even if i wait for the report i hope to be in in 72Hrs.

This is in the presumption that Karnataka doesnt require RT PCR
sriks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 18:32   #13373
BHPian

Quick update over my earlier post. Today the checking was very strict and time consuming. The cops that was handling me made it a point to get all possible proof that I was actually doing an office commute. Company ID to check office location, driver's license to check my home address. Whole gamut. For another bunch of people he was asking Aadhar card.
Either the checking is stricter for weekends or this cop was having a bad day. Either way weekend travelers please be prepared for stricter probing. There was at least a 5-6 time higher density of stopped cars today.

I asked him few more questions on behalf of another bhpian.

To my query for documents required for travelling from Bangalore. He asked to bring along RT PCR report as well.

To the query If there is facility of locally doing RT PCR if said report was not available, he suggested It is best to bring along report.

Then I saw the same cop directing somebody to a stall nearby telling him to undergo antigen testing. I will have to be more perceptive tomorrow.

I am sorry for giving contradictory within the same day. I was hoping I had learnt enough in two days commute. But today was a surprise. Every day I am learning something new. So please bear with me. If I get a better update tomorrow evening I will update here.
Old 25th June 2021, 19:27   #13374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriks View Post
This is in the presumption that Karnataka doesnt require RT PCR
Thought Karnataka has an RT-PCR requirement for travellers coming in from Maharashtra, Kerala, Punjab & Chandigarh. Has it been done away with? Somebody else made the same point recently.
Old 25th June 2021, 19:52   #13375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
To my query for documents required for travelling from Bangalore. He asked to bring along RT PCR report as well.
Thanks for sharing the latest update @rohitoasis

I am not sure what updates or communication is shared with them. I check the government orders and found the guidelines as per Kerala Government (dated 21-Apr-2021). Attaching the same here for reference. As per the government order, if one is not willing to take RT-PCR, they can still proceed, but have to stay in quarantine for 14 days.

Source: https://dashboard.kerala.gov.in/government-orders.php

Name:  rules.png
Views: 1146
Size:  225.1 KB

[ATTACH=Summary-Of-Covid-19-quarantine-and-isolation-guidelines.pdf]2171141[/ATTACH]
Repsol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 18:40   #13376
BHPian

So today the roads were practically empty during my commute. When I crossed to Kerala border today evening, there were two bikes and two cars available. The cops were less frantic today. So I was able to speak with them peacefully.

They are limiting asking e pass from daily commuters because of impracticality of both the RT PCR and quarantine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Attaching the same here for reference. As per the government order, if one is not willing to take RT-PCR, they can still proceed, but have to stay in quarantine for 14 days.
I did ask about this aspect and frankly they are aware of this and they know barely anyone actually follows this 14 day quarantine strictly. They were asking any report RT PCR or antigen will do fine.

I did not have heart to question their logic further. I think it has to do with their peace of mind at the end of day that they did their duty effectively. Poor guys spend whole days in all kind of weather conditions.
Old 27th June 2021, 13:38   #13377
pms
BHPian

How many days it take to get the Kerala E-Pass once you successfully submit all the details in the Jagratha Portal?

Edit - I received the Pass in 5 mins when I checked in the portal again.

Last edited by pms : 27th June 2021 at 13:50.
Old 27th June 2021, 13:52   #13378
Senior - BHPian

Drove down to Kerala yesterday. At the border I was asked to show my negative results/ complete vaccination certificate. Was completely vaccinated so showed them that.

If you don't have either of these, there is a Tempo Traveller parked right there to get yourself tested. I saw a man with a PPE kit inside. Cost:₹300, as per the banner on the vehicle.

The roads were almost empty but the traffic picked up after Thrissur. Very pleasant except for the long signals.

Grocery stores are all open along with non veg shops (except for fish) despite being a complete lockdown in the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
How many days it take to get the Kerala E-Pass once you successfully submit all the details in the Jagratha Portal?
You should get it immediately.
Turbohead is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 11:36   #13379

Drove down from Bangalore to Kottayam last Saturday early morning with family. Had taken both the TN and KL e-pass. We did not do the RTPCR test. Started at 5:15 AM from E-city. At Attibele was checked for TN e-pass, was waved off after the cops verified the details from the pass pasted on the windscreen. There was hardly 2-3 car queue at this time. Somewhere near Dharmapuri the TN cops were checking all private vehicles. Here they asked for all the details verbally and they made a written note. Thankfully they simply requested me to roll down the window and pass on the info. There after no further checks within TN.

At Walayar (~9:30 AM) all vehicles were been checked diligently, there was a queue of 5-6 cars. I pointed to the KL pass pasted on the windscreen and they let us pass after verifying the details. Was not asked for the RTPCR. I did notice there were a few folks who were asked to get down for further checks. Few were queued up at the makeshift counter as well. These looked to be folks who either arrived without the e-pass and some daily commuters/bikers.

No further checks after entering KL. There were check-posts/tents setup at regular intervals, mostly at district borders. Few were manned others were empty, but was not stopped anywhere and reached Kottayam at ~1:30 PM. Roads are good all the way, traffic was sparse due to the weekend lockdown in KL. Occasional thundershowers in KL made the otherwise sedate drive interesting. We carried food and stopped(twice) at petrol pumps(outside town limits) along the way for food, fuel and bio break!
AsishT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2021, 19:47   #13380
BHPian

As planned, travelled yesterday from Bangalore to Alleppey. Based on the discussion on this thread, and feedback shared by bhpian @rohitoasis, took epass for TN and KL, and RT-PCR reports for myself and family.

Started from Bangalore (E-City) @03:00 AM, and was stopped at Attibelle Zuzuvadi checkpost. They asked for epass, and I pointed towards the one pasted on the windshield, and they took a pic of the same. Also, they asked me where I was headed to, post this they let us pass. No other checks anywhere in TN post that.

Reached Walayar @ 07:45 AM, and they flagged us down. There was already a queue of 5-6 cars, all KL/TN. They asked us if I have an epass and RT-PCR certificate. When I mentioned I have, and tried to reach out to the printouts kept on the passenger seat, they told me to proceed, without even taking a look at the docs.

No other checks anywhere in Kerala post that, but there was traffic throughout from Angamali till Alleppey (may be because everyone wanted to step out after 2 days of weekend curfew).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks