Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2021, 08:04   #13411
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
Experiences seem to be different at different check points. For instance in Aryankaavu check post they don't have facility for RTPCR/RAT tests in case the travelers don't carry vaccination certificate. I believe in Walayar they have a mobile testing unit for RAT and seems like you get the results in 20 mins if am not wrong. They insist at least one traveler to do the test.
To add to the Kb - at Muthanga yesterday I had to show RT-PCR report. They clearly said "vaccination certificate pora" (vaccination certificate is not enough). E-pass they didn't bother with.

The check was at a point a bit further towards Sulthan Bathery - where in happier days an MVI and cohort would be near-permanently posted checking docs of incoming out-of-state vehicles.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 08:21   #13412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
To add to the Kb - at Muthanga yesterday I had to show RT-PCR report. They clearly said "vaccination certificate pora" (vaccination certificate is not enough). E-pass they didn't bother with.
This erratic approach is what it makes difficulty. Do not understand the logic of Kerala asking for RTPCR for travelers from other states. Because all other states are having a TPR of less than 3%.

If 2 dose vaccination is also not enough, then the fundamental objective of vaccination program is also in question.

I think Govt is using this RTPCR test route to create a forced economic activity in these dull times
Old 7th July 2021, 09:32   #13413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
This erratic approach is what it makes difficulty. Do not understand the logic of Kerala asking for RTPCR for travelers from other states. Because all other states are having a TPR of less than 3%.
The same is applicable for KL to KA travelers. A friend of mine couldn't cross the border (North Kerala) without a negative report despite having the fully vaccinated certificate. He ended up going through Walayar.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 12:01   #13414
BHPian

I travelled from Coimbatore to Ernakulam on 27th June via Walayar. E-pass is necessary along with either RTPCR or RAT. They were stopping all vehicles and checking. If you dont have a test report, they take away your license and ask you to get a report from the nearby Palakkad Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) hospital. Only then can you get it back. I had a first dose vaccine certificate and told them that I am going home to get the second dose (second dose date is still months away ). I was let go after some more back and forth (key is to remain ultra polite and use as many 'saar' as possible in a sentence).

There was checking at Chalakudi, Aluva and Edapally. All 3 places they waved me through, perhaps noticing the doctors logo on the windshield (wife is a doctor).
GeneralJazz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 08:00   #13415
BHPian

Went from Bangalore to Thrissur yesterday, had TN and Kerala ePasses, RT-PCR negative reports for wife and daughter, double vaccination certificate for me. No stoppings anywhere except at Walayar where the police officer asked if we had Corona documents (did not specify what all qualify as Corona documents). I said "yes sir" and took out the stack of printouts kept in a clear plastic folder and he waved us off without checking any of those, stoppage time was less than 10 seconds.

Parsing through the posts in this thread for the months of June and July, it is evident that there is no consistency in KA, KL and TN on passage norms. It is rather saddening to end a post with the disclaimer "User experience may vary", makes it practically useless to anyone reading it.
sun_king is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 08:36   #13416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
I travelled from Coimbatore to Ernakulam on 27th June via Walayar. E-pass is necessary along with either RTPCR or RAT. They were stopping all vehicles and checking. If you dont have a test report, they take away your license and ask you to get a report from the nearby Palakkad Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) hospital. Only then can you get it back.
Oh, that was bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun_king View Post
Parsing through the posts in this thread for the months of June and July, it is evident that there is no consistency in KA, KL and TN on passage norms. It is rather saddening to end a post with the disclaimer "User experience may vary", makes it practically useless to anyone reading it.
Exactly. Why don't they release clear instructions. Am waiting for my license to get renewed after which I will drive to KA. Even though I got my second dose, not really sure whether to take RTPCR. KL experience is still a mixed bag.
Old 8th July 2021, 08:54   #13417
BHPian

I would like to add a bit. Between the two journeys listed in post #13414 (27th June) and #13415 (7th July), One thing that has changed is the volume of vehicles. Since i have been doing a daily commute. I have seen an increase in the number of vehicles at least 5-6 times of what it was in the Month of June.

One thing that good for the travelers is that if we show a little bit of inclination to show some documents, we are usually allowed to move on. So you can show the E Pass and either of these reports either in printout or in mobile and you are let go.

One bad thing is if we happen to reason and engage in discussion, the wait tends to get tedious because the number of the police are limited and they are juggling their attention between your documents and a bunch of others evading checking. They are really at their edge. For sake of providing real time updates on this thread. I try to ask them queries. But this entire week, they barely glance the document and move on to the next case.

What remains same is their insistence on RT PCR report. From what i had shared in the earlier post, even antigen report should do.
Only people with regular travel pass are let go without the need of RT PCR or antigen.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2021, 10:10   #13418
Senior - BHPian

So if i leave KL to TN for a function, i have to take a TN pass for the onward journey and a KL pass for the return journey?

If yes, then do i need to take a test report (journey is just for 2 days)? Or do i apply in the short visit (which does not seem to be for this purpose) with a TN address and say i am entering KL for some function or something?

Sigh
Old 9th July 2021, 00:39   #13419
BHPian

Has anyone traveled to KA? Do we need to carry rtpcr results to enter KA via hosur?
Old 9th July 2021, 08:16   #13420
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
Has anyone traveled to KA? Do we need to carry rtpcr results to enter KA via hosur?
Last known, you need RTPCR negative report if coming from Kerala. But no clue how they will track at Attibele if you have a KA registered car and address proof.
My guess I that they might target KL cars and that's it.
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 17:06   #13421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruji View Post
There is a very clear Karnataka Govt Notification dated 1st July stating that 1 dose of vaccination certificate is enough to enter Karnataka. If vaccination is not done, then RT-PCR is needed.

But, how effective this rule is implemented at check post, I'm not sure.

I'm planning for Bangalore - Thrissur tomorrow. Even though we all are vaccinated, have taken RT-PCR certificate also because of the various posts here saying that 2 dose certificate is not enough to enter Kerala. (Depends on the person who is checking at that point of time and demands RT-PCR sometimes).
Have the E-Pass for Kerala along with the "Going out of TN by Road" pass.

After all peace of mind is needed during travel.

Last edited by Sree73 : 9th July 2021 at 17:11.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 08:51   #13422
BHPian

Thought of updating this here in light of the new development that all people entering Tamilnadu will need E Pass.

The website
https://eregister.tnega.org/#/user/pass Now shows extra options for Reason and Travel range

Reason shows option called "Other" and
Travel Range shows option called "Coming inside Tamilnadu from another state"

Screenshot below.

All Roads to Kerala-untitled.png

Points to note:
- Each E Pass is valid only for 1 day. So for a daily commuter like me 6 E Passes a week will become a norm.
- Worse thing is that as of today, it allows E Pass only for today, tomorrow and day after tomorrow. I was hoping to book E Pass for entire of next week in single shot. Now i will have to make daily reminder (Or at least once in three days) to book E Passes.

Last edited by rohitoasis : 10th July 2021 at 08:56.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 09:04   #13423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
But, how effective this rule is implemented at check post, I'm not sure.
Though there was a state government amended order that one dose is sufficient, the district authority has been empowered to set their own rules in addition to that. Coorg district has mandated that 2 dose vaccine is must or RTPCR report. One dose is not sufficient for borders/check post in coorg district but if 2 dose is done then RTPCR is not needed. This is the status when I checked at the border 2 days back.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 10th July 2021 at 09:06.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 09:43   #13424
BHPian

Planning to go to BLR from Kochi tomorrow. Went to TN EPass site -Under the Interstate travel, transit option is missing (Earlier we could put the entry check post as Walayar and exit as Zuzuwadi - that is missing now). Now, it is either coming into Tamil Nadu (where we need to put the local TN address as destination address) or going out of Tamil Nadu ( we need to put the local TN address as starting address). Can someone help?
kiranknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 11:38   #13425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
To add to the Kb - at Muthanga yesterday I had to show RT-PCR report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
The same is applicable for KL to KA travelers. A friend of mine couldn't cross the border (North Kerala) without a negative report despite having the fully vaccinated certificate. He ended up going through Walayar.
I returned yesterday via Muthanga/Moolehole. At Moolehole, at the boom barrier immediately after crossing the rivulet that is the interstate border, I was stopped and asked for RT-PCR. When I said I am twice-vaccinated, I was asked for that certificate. Showed the printout, he glanced at it and let me through.

Basically, if you are twice-vaccinated or have an RT-PCR report that satisfies the recency requirements, you are good at most (all?) checkposts. Only in other cases are things fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranknair View Post
Now, it is either coming into Tamil Nadu (where we need to put the local TN address as destination address) or going out of Tamil Nadu ( we need to put the local TN address as starting address). Can someone help?
I used "Going out of TN". I put my full Bangalore address (including PIN code) as the starting address column and chose the originating city as Hosur.

I eventually didn't travel through TN so don't know how well this'd have worked. But I did all that based on advise here in the forum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks