Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2021, 07:38   #13561
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
I am travelling tomorrow on a 2 day trip and will update the same if they allow me in without a quarantine
I just passed through muthanga checkpost(Waynad) and they let me through after checking two dose vaccine report. No questions asked. They simply asked me to proceed.
Xaos636 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 07:55   #13562

Here's the latest news talking of home quarantine options for travellers from Kerala coming into Karnataka:
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le36237938.ece
Old 2nd September 2021, 10:03   #13563
BHPian

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/ma...e-1026028.html

As per the above article, looks like they are aware that people coming from KL via TN side are entering KA without being checked.

All Roads to Kerala-ka.png
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:18   #13564
can

Hi All

Is there any restriction on entering Bangalore via road on Saturday due to the curfew?

Thanks,
nishant
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:31   #13565
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
https://www.deccanherald.com/city/ma...e-1026028.html

As per the above article, looks like they are aware that people coming from KL via TN side are entering KA without being checked.

Attachment 2201356
Why are these people announcing of "no checking" on public platforms and in the media ? Now this will make the draconian measures even stricter. What effectively is a "order from above, hence we have to do" lackadaisical implementation , will turn into a "full scale East German stasi" style berlin wall checkpoint. Why poke the dragon with a stick , instead of keeping quiet ?
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 20:44   #13566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
Why are these people announcing of "no checking" on public platforms and in the media ? Now this will make the draconian measures even stricter. What effectively is a "order from above, hence we have to do" lackadaisical implementation , will turn into a "full scale East German stasi" style berlin wall checkpoint. Why poke the dragon with a stick , instead of keeping quiet ?
True, this might result in some strict measures even at Attibelle too.

Last edited by Repsol : 2nd September 2021 at 20:46.
Old 2nd September 2021, 21:19   #13567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by can View Post
Hi All

Is there any restriction on entering Bangalore via road on Saturday due to the curfew?

Thanks,
nishant
What is your route? There are strict restrictions in border districts, so if your travel is through Coorg, Mysore districts, then there will be restrictions.
Old 3rd September 2021, 07:01   #13568
can

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
What is your route? There are strict restrictions in border districts, so if your travel is through Coorg, Mysore districts, then there will be restrictions.
I will be entering through Attibele.
Old 3rd September 2021, 09:51   #13569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by can View Post
I will be entering through Attibele.
No restrictions in Attibele with respect to weekend curfew. That is only in districts bordering with Kerala.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 12:19   #13570
BHPian

Does anyone have confirmation about train travellers? My in-laws are planning to visit Bengaluru for 10 days from Trivandrum. They have taken both vaccines and can produce an RTPCR if required. Is Institutional Quarantine mandatory for them as well? Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd September 2021, 12:24   #13571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Does anyone have confirmation about train travellers? My in-laws are planning to visit Bengaluru for 10 days from Trivandrum. They have taken both vaccines and can produce an RTPCR if required. Is Institutional Quarantine mandatory for them as well? Thanks in advance.
The guidelines say that 'students' and 'employees' have to undergo institutional quarantine which needs to be facilitated by the company/college and for everyone else it is Home Quarantine. While this is a little vague still, in your case I think it would be safe to assume that institutional quarantine is not needed and only home quarantine.

They do have to do the RTPCR test.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 12:25   #13572
BHPian

I am planning to travel to Bekal in the third week of September. has any one done Bangalore to Bekal recently? how is the road condition? generally after rains this stretch of roads suffer a lot and repair work doesn't happen soon.
Old 3rd September 2021, 12:46   #13573
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post
I just passed through muthanga checkpost(Waynad) and they let me through after checking two dose vaccine report. No questions asked. They simply asked me to proceed.
I'm an hour away from entering Muthanga. Do we need to have an e pass. i've full vaccination certificate. Hope that would suffice.
Old 3rd September 2021, 14:21   #13574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
I'm an hour away from entering Muthanga. Do we need to have an e pass. i've full vaccination certificate. Hope that would suffice.
Yes that would be enough. They dont ask for E-Pass these days
Xaos636 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 15:50   #13575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car FANATICUS View Post
I am planning to travel to Bekal in the third week of September. has any one done Bangalore to Bekal recently? how is the road condition? generally after rains this stretch of roads suffer a lot and repair work doesn't happen soon.
I last weekend traveled to 10 Kms away from Bekal and currently there. The route taken was Bangalore - Mysore - Hunsur - Kushal Nagar - Madikeri - Jalsoor - Cherkala. And this is the best route to Bekal.

The roads are in good condition. Nothing to worry as such. Just ensure you do not travel on a weekend as long as the weekend curfew is imposed in Coorg district. We were stopped multiple times and had to convince the cops that we are heading to KL non stop and they let go.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks