Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2021, 09:57   #13576
can

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Any update on the institutional quarantine for Kerala travellers entering Bangalore via Attibele? Have they started enforcing it? I need to travel with my mother and do not want to take her to institutional quarantine.
Old 5th September 2021, 19:12   #13577
BHPian

Travelled today from Kochi to Bangalore via Attibele (in our KA registered vehicle). Started at 7.45 am - not many folks on the Kerala roads. Kuthiran was a breeze, all the traffic coming towards Thrissur were routed through the Tunnel, hence Kuthiran was more like a one-way road that really helped. Reached Walayar around 10.15 am - there was a queue of around 15 to 20 cars ahead of us waiting to show the RTPCR and get an entry to TN- Around 10 minutes spent there. They were only bothered about RTPCR or double dose of vaccine certificate (did not bother about TN Epass). After that the drive was smooth, even L&T Bypass was smooth (probably being Sunday). We finally reached Attibele Checkpost around 3 PM. No checking at all, irrespective of registration. Did not find a single official (probably they know that it is difficult to profile KA registered vehicles for the origin). Reached home at 3.30 pm.
kiranknair is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 11:21   #13578

Quote:
Originally Posted by can View Post
Any update on the institutional quarantine for Kerala travellers entering Bangalore via Attibele? Have they started enforcing it? I need to travel with my mother and do not want to take her to institutional quarantine.
I am also looking for more information on this. I really don't want to be under institutional quarantine (IQ). Might as well stay back and wait till this tides over.

The attached is downloaded from Covid Jagratha portal. It is mentioned that employees and students have to be under IQ.But I am neither an employee nor a student. I am a freelancer and hence I belong to point 6 category mentioned in the attached pdf.
If at all cops ask, how do I prove that I fall in point 6?
The other thing I want to know is whether we have an option to go to designated hotels or is it that we have to go to the community center allocted by administration. If anyone has any information on this, can you please post here?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HFW 258 ACS 2021001- state protocol.pdf (894.7 KB, 167 views)
Old 6th September 2021, 12:12   #13579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorspf1212 View Post
If anyone has any information on this, can you please post here?
If you look at a post above yours, a BHPian has said that he has traveled via Attibele and there wasn't any sorts of checking. So that is the situation currently and this IQ thing is not yet practically started. It is not enforced even for the travelers via Coorg where there is still strict checks for RTPCR results. So, you are good to go at the moment.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 00:26   #13580

Hello BHPians! What are the good food and rest stops along the way from Bangalore to Kochi? Taking the Salem-Coimbatore route. Planning to leave Bangalore around 6 am. Also, is there any RT-PCR testing required for kids at Walayar? Thanks in advance.
Old 8th September 2021, 09:47   #13581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgrains28 View Post
Hello BHPians! What are the good food and rest stops along the way from Bangalore to Kochi? Taking the Salem-Coimbatore route. Planning to leave Bangalore around 6 am. Also, is there any RT-PCR testing required for kids at Walayar? Thanks in advance.
Some of the good food and hygiene rest rooms are:
(1) Saravana Bhavan Asai Dosai restaurant @ Salem
(2) After Salem towards Coimbatore , you will see numerous good restaurants.

Planning around Salem would be best as you will reach there between 9 and 10 AM. There are multiple Adayar Anandabhavan too. IF you prefer one notch below, there are numerous good quality Saravana Bhavan rip-offs during your ride through Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri. Some of them don't have well maintained large wash rooms.

RTPCR for kids-- I am not sure on that.

Any recent updates on a Munnar - Bangalore journey? I am planning a drive this weekend. I normally follow Aryankavu check post -- Shengottai route. I am going to attempt the Cumbam Theni route for the first time.I would like to get suggestions, break points, rest rooms availability till we hit Kanyakumari- Bangalore highway. Also, how strict is the check post?

Last edited by Sheel : 8th September 2021 at 14:11. Reason: Please edit or multi quote (QUOTE+) your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
mykal shoemaker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:41   #13582
can

Quote:
Originally Posted by can View Post
Finally, I traveled from Thrissur to Bangalore today.

At Walayar, we are asked for RTPCR, but asked us to proceed even before I could show it.

Attibele, I saw a couple of cars parked near the tent, but they didn't seem to be in distress. Most other KL cars were not being stopped. Mine being KA registration, they didn't even bother.
can is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 08:25   #13583
BANNED

I do not see "transit pass" option in https://eregister.tnega.org. Did they remove ?.

I am planning to travel from kerala to bangalore via TN
Old 10th September 2021, 08:34   #13584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
I do not see "transit pass" option in https://eregister.tnega.org. Did they remove ?.

As mentioned many times before in this thread, there is no such option. Select Exit pass.
Old 10th September 2021, 08:35   #13585
BHPian

Quote:

If you are crossing via Walayar border, they are no longer asking E-Pass. All they are asking is either RT PCR or Double Vaccination certificate.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 08:40   #13586
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
As mentioned many times before in this thread, there is no such option. Select Exit pass.
Exit pass mean TN to other states ?. Should that be applied for entering, and then leaving TN
Old 10th September 2021, 08:44   #13587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
If you are crossing via Walayar border, they are no longer asking E-Pass. All they are asking is either RT PCR or Double Vaccination certificate.
Quote:
Exit pass mean TN to other states ?. Should that be applied for entering, and then leaving TN
I think only exit pass should suffice since you must be already having entry pass for KA.

@rohitoasis can advise better since he is a regular traveler between KL-TN.
Old 11th September 2021, 12:14   #13588
BHPian

Hi, What all documents are being checked nowadays at Walayar, for Kerala entry ?
Old 11th September 2021, 14:06   #13589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Hi, What all documents are being checked nowadays at Walayar, for Kerala entry ?
Kerala Entry at Walayar requires E-Pass as well as
RT-PCR or Double Vaccination Certificate.
rohitoasis is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 17:26   #13590
Distinguished - BHPian

Drove to Bangalore today from Calicut via the usual Bathery Gundlepet Mysore route. Due to the multiple advisories from Karnataka Government, was worried about what kind of checks they would do. Almost decided to take the Palakkad Salem Hosur route, but then dropped the plan as it was significantly longer.

Fears were unfounded. At the border the rtpcr was checked and we were told to proceed. No other questions asked.

There was checking happening on the Kerala side also. Just one patrol with a couple of people.

On a related note, the Bangalore-Mysore 6 lane expressway work seems to be proceeding nicely. A much needed upgrade and will be extremely helpful to folks headed towards North Kerala.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 11th September 2021 at 17:27.
Rajeevraj is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks