Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:04   #13621
BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi All,

We are planning to go to Karunagapally via Aryankaavu from Chennai next weekend.

Couple of queries:

- Epass for both entry onto KL and return onto TN is required is it?
- Self and wife have taken both the shots. Are we still required to take RTPCR test?
- Is RTPCR test mandatory for 10yrs old kid?
Quoting my post.

Can someone please clarify the above queries.

Also, I don't find suitable e-pass to stay in KL for more than a week. Regular e-pass is only valid for trade & employment.
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:28   #13622
BHPian

I can talk about entry to Kerala. You need a full vaccination certificate or RT-PCR negative test whose sample was taken within 72 hours of your arrival in Kerala. According to their circular a few weeks ago, only children less than 2 years are exempted from RT-PCR test requirements. We all know that there is no vaccination for those less than 18 years of age.

Kerala has a short visit pass (valid for a stay less than 8 days) and a longer visit pass (I think valid up to 6 months). There are several valid reasons such as tourism, property management etc. which you can see in Kerala Covid Jagratha portal.

Last edited by ccnarayanan : 2nd October 2021 at 15:31.
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 15:49   #13623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccnarayanan View Post

Kerala has a short visit pass (valid for a stay less than 8 days) and a longer visit pass (I think valid up to 6 months). There are several valid reasons such as tourism, property management etc. which you can see in Kerala Covid Jagratha portal.
Thanks for the update Narayanan. In KL Jagratha portal, there are only 2 reasons (Trade and Employment) for Longer/Regular visit pass. So, Im not sure what to if I intend to stay their for 2 weeks. Is there any option to renew the short term visit pass?
Old 2nd October 2021, 16:15   #13624
BHPian

I have gone only on short visit for less than 8 days with tourism or property management as the reasons. Perhaps you need to call their customer care number and ask them what to do.

Quote:
Thanks for the update Narayanan. In KL Jagratha portal, there are only 2 reasons (Trade and Employment) for Longer/Regular visit pass. So, Im not sure what to if I intend to stay their for 2 weeks. Is there any option to renew the short term visit pass?
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:56   #13625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You can chose 'Domestic Entry' and in reason for visit ' Annual Vacation'. This is what I did when I went for 3 weeks in August. In anycase this pass thing is just a formality. There is no quarantine concept now and other than a quick check at the border, no one is going to follow up with you once you are in the state.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 20:27   #13626
BHPian

I went to Palakkad, Kerala and back to Erode, TN today. On both sides they are only asking for vaccination certificate. You are let go if you are double vaccinated.

My wife and I had RTPCR report and we have taken e-pass for both states as well. They did not ask for those. Also, we were travelling with our 5yr old son and we have not taken any RTPCR test for him. No one asked anything specifically for the kids too.
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 11:22   #13627
BHPian

I am trying to find what documents are being verified at Attibele for travelers returning from Kerala? Can't find any recent posts for the same? Is there any checking? My double vaccinated parents are visiting Kerala for a day and will be driving back the next day. We expect checking at Valayar but Attibele seems to be a bit of an unknown at the moment.
Old 5th October 2021, 15:36   #13628
pms
BHPian

Hi, Am driving down to Kollam from BLR on 7th Oct. Plan to return on 11th Oct. Intend to take BLR-Salem-Tirumangalam-Shencottai-Punalur-Kollam route on the both the legs. Had drove down in July wherein I had taken TN transit, KL entry Pass along with Vaccination Certificates. At Aryankaavu check post they only verified the Vaccination certificates and KL E-Pass.

Just wanted to check if RTPCR report is currently being asked at Aryankaavu check post.

Similarly any checks for RTPCR in Attibele or anywhere in TN though its a transit?
Old 5th October 2021, 16:01   #13629

Yes, would appreciate some info on this. Is RT-PCR mandatory to enter KA via Attibele? Does it apply to kids as well? Also, do we need an e-pass to enter Karnataka? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nair View Post
I am trying to find what documents are being verified at Attibele for travelers returning from Kerala? Can't find any recent posts for the same? Is there any checking? My double vaccinated parents are visiting Kerala for a day and will be driving back the next day. We expect checking at Valayar but Attibele seems to be a bit of an unknown at the moment.
Old 5th October 2021, 18:25   #13630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklord View Post
Drove Attingal-Aryankavu-Tirumanagalam-Bangalore yesterday. Strict checking for COVID test result and TN E-pass at TN side at Puliyarai check post where we have to park the car, get down and show the documents at the counter. Attibele border was a breeze and business as usual. No checking, the tents for checking was empty. We had taken RT-PCR, TN E-pass, and vaccination certificates.

We were driving in our KL-plate vehicle.
Drove back on Sunday, took the same route back.

There were some random police checks happening at Attibele border by TN Police, but we were not stopped. At Aryankavu Kerala Police COVID checkpost, again, random vehicles were getting pulled over, we were again not stopped. Kerala Excise guys stopped us as usual and after basic questions, let us go, took under 10 seconds. We were not carrying any documents besides our vaccination certificates and RT-PCR from 2 weeks ago.

We were driving in our KL-plate vehicle.

TLDR; we were not checked anywhere except a very brief stop-and-go by KL Excise.
Old 7th October 2021, 01:29   #13631
BHPian

We are planning to drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum this weekend. Has anyone done this trip recently? If so, it would be helpful if someone could provide an update on routes and road condition. This is the first time I'm driving this route and distance. I am particularly interested in Madurai-Rajapalayam-Thenmala-Trivandrum, with regard to road condition and safety. I am a little more familiar with the Nagercoil route due to multiple volvo bus journeys from Bangalore to Trivandrum. Approximate travel duration will also be helpful.
Old 8th October 2021, 11:40   #13632
Senior - BHPian

For a trip to Madurai from Kozhikode, how is the checking at Gopalapuram check post? Fully vaccinated certificate is enough for exit and re-entry? Would these be required:
TN Epass KL Epass
Old 8th October 2021, 18:32   #13633
pms
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopaneel View Post
We are planning to drive from Bangalore to Trivandrum this weekend. Has anyone done this trip recently? If so, it would be helpful if someone could provide an update on routes and road condition. This is the first time I'm driving this route and distance. I am particularly interested in Madurai-Rajapalayam-Thenmala-Trivandrum, with regard to road condition and safety. I am a little more familiar with the Nagercoil route due to multiple volvo bus journeys from Bangalore to Trivandrum. Approximate travel duration will also be helpful.
I drove down from BLR to Kollam yesterday via Rajapalayam-Thenmala-Punalur. I can comment on the route till Thenmala which is all good. Absolutely nothing to worry about than going through small towns in between where you will find a bit of traffic. From BLR to Kollam it took me 13 hours including 2 breaks.
Thenmala to Trivandrum depending on the traffic should take around 2 hours.

At Aryankaavu checkpost they only asked for Kerala E-Pass. Noted down the mobile number and no: of passengers in the car, that was about it. Didnt ask for RTPCR or vaccination reports. There were no checks in Attibele or anywhere else in TN though we had carried TN Transit Pass.

Last edited by pms : 8th October 2021 at 18:39.
pms is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 21:59   #13634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pms View Post
I drove down from BLR to Kollam yesterday via Rajapalayam-Thenmala-Punalur. I can comment on the route till Thenmala which is all good. Absolutely nothing to worry about than going through small towns in between where you will find a bit of traffic. From BLR to Kollam it took me 13 hours including 2 breaks.
Thenmala to Trivandrum depending on the traffic should take around 2 hours.

At Aryankaavu checkpost they only asked for Kerala E-Pass. Noted down the mobile number and no: of passengers in the car, that was about it. Didnt ask for RTPCR or vaccination reports. There were no checks in Attibele or anywhere else in TN though we had carried TN Transit Pass.
Thank you very much for your response and for answering all of the questions.
Old 10th October 2021, 08:04   #13635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You can chose 'Domestic Entry' and in reason for visit ' Annual Vacation'. This is what I did when I went for 3 weeks in August. In anycase this pass thing is just a formality. There is no quarantine concept now and other than a quick check at the border, no one is going to follow up with you once you are in the state.
Thanks for the heads up Rajeev

Entered KL via Aryankavu yesterday evening. I walked upto the checkpost with all the documents. Police personnel merely asked me to give the Epass number, Name and mobile number. I voluntarily mentioned that I have Double vaccination and RTPCR certificate.

Drive till Karunagapally was a breeze except for a 15 min wait time at the railway gate after Chakkuvally.
Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks