Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2008, 19:38   #436
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Then move to Dharmapuri town (prefer Adiyaman palace hotel) for a sumptuous Break fast (yes you wont be able to enjoy the new bypass and will have to do it in return journey).
Is Adiyamman Palace the one that you get on left side after crossing Dharmapuri town in the old highway?

Quote:
By lunch am in Palghat (hotel srichakra on the NH just before the bypass Jn, slightly expensive and slow service)
Almost opposite to Srichakra is Chanakyapuri. Tried once and found service/quality to be OK..Not sure about the current status.

Quote:
OR there are many options inside town.
For vegetarians there is Ashok Bhavan and Hariharaputra in the town. For non vegetarians, there is Kairali, Rajdhani, Indraprastha etc and for cost conscious there is Noorjahan hotel (but no parking anmd no idea about rest room facility). But would recommend avoding town ( unless you really want to try these ) as the traffic to and fro will carve atleast an hour from your total time.
Old 18th December 2008, 20:03   #437
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Jaggu.

Breakfast is the issue now as i plan to take the Thoppur bypass. We may have to carry something from home.
Old 19th December 2008, 00:35   #438

How about going via Salem and having breakfast at Salem. Any breakfast options in Salem bypass road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks Jaggu.

Breakfast is the issue now as i plan to take the Thoppur bypass. We may have to carry something from home.
Old 19th December 2008, 11:53   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
any idea about the route through muvattupuzha Thanks
I, for one take this route always. After a long drive from Bangalore, Angamaly-Ettumanoor section is so refreshing. Angamaly-Moovattupuzha has really good road. For Moovattupuzha-Ettumanoor, speed would be low, but the section has very little traffic.

Ettumanoor to Changanacherry is a mad section of road- Always badly maintained and always crowded. Then the thought of home sweet home makes this section always fun.

I would be on the route tom. Anyone else?

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 19th December 2008 at 11:54.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:02   #440
BHPian

Anybody who used the Krishnagiri Thoppur bypass..do you know if there are clear directions/road signs to join Dharmapuri town?
Old 19th December 2008, 12:02   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ettumanoor to Changanacherry is a mad section of road- Always badly maintained and always crowded. Then the thought of home sweet home makes this section always fun.
Angamaly-Muvattupuzha is around 1/2 hour if without any traffic.
Yesterday ,just went to kottayam from muvattupuzha.the roads are maintained fine.and I agree your part that it is a casual ride in the hilly section.It is sabarimala season ,hence the roads are maintained almost fine upto kottayam.I dont know about changanassery though.but last time I went a month back ,it was fine.

Even ,I asked my relative in chry ,who said ,they almost 99% chose MC road to reach angamaly.He said MC road is shorter and reaches fast.may be owing to the NH congestion if goes via alappuzha will take more time even if 4 laned..

Last edited by deepclutch : 19th December 2008 at 12:03.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:11   #442
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Thanks Jaggu.

OR you can always goto Dharmapuri town, its now pretty ok since traffic is less and you wont loose much time and can have good breakfast as well as use the toilet facilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkurian_in View Post
How about going via Salem and having breakfast at Salem. Any breakfast options in Salem bypass road
I still prefer a detour to Dharmapuri rather than Salem, yes there are resturants at the the last signal/round where you take RT for CBE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Anybody who used the Krishnagiri Thoppur bypass..do you know if there are clear directions/road signs to join Dharmapuri town?
There is a small board (ones used for diversions) this was a month back, also there is turn and intersection, so shouldnt miss if traveling in day light.
Old 19th December 2008, 12:15   #443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
I'm planning to drive down to Changnacherry on 20th of Dec from Bangalore , i want to know about the condition of the roads for the below mentioned routes.
Thanks in advance
Sandeep
Sandeep, if you are driving to changanaserry, my suggestion would be to try the Kumily route. The main advantage of this route is that for 95 % of your drive, you will be driving in TN and it is a known fact that TN roads are very good and relatively traffic route. My house is in manimala (hope you know this place, it is some 35 kms from Changanaserry) and I am a regular traveler in the Kumily route.Bangalore to Manimala is exactly 600 kms and it takes around 12 hours with 3 breaks. More over, you can have a tension free drive when compared to all those buses and trucks in NH47 all the way from Salem/Perundurai till EKM.Infact , I will again be traveling in this route on 24 to Manimala.
Old 19th December 2008, 13:16   #444
Senior - BHPian

i would second joe on the seclection of the Kumily route as its the cleanest and fastest drive you can have to changanaserry ...
Old 19th December 2008, 13:32   #445
BHPian

Quote:
OR you can always goto Dharmapuri town, its now pretty ok since traffic is less and you wont loose much time and can have good breakfast as well as use the toilet facilities.
Hi Jaggu,

Is Adiyamman palace the one that you get after crossing Dharmapuri town? ( in the old highway)
Old 19th December 2008, 14:06   #446
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Hi Jaggu,

Is Adiyamman palace the one that you get after crossing Dharmapuri town? ( in the old highway)
Yup it is the first hotel on LT after the signal when you enter from BLR side, also a good place to stop over if one gets too tired while driving back at night. Clean and secure place, they even have suite rooms.
Old 19th December 2008, 14:18   #447
BHPian

so this is much before the Hotel Srirama that we get on the LT?
Old 19th December 2008, 17:34   #448
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
By lunch am in Palghat (hotel srichakra on the NH just before the bypass Jn, slightly expensive and slow service)
So next time, try the Walayar Motels on the left side about 9 kms before Palakkad byepass.

Have been there for breakfast and lunch many a times and the food (both veg and non veg) have been good consistently.
Old 19th December 2008, 19:29   #449
BHPian

Vazhiyoram restaurant at Walayar run by KTDC is a good option. I tried twice.
Old 19th December 2008, 20:28   #450
BHPian

Thanks Joe for updating about the route through Kumily , However i need to make a stop over at Thrissur at a relative place .So i wouldn't be able to take the Kumily route .

Seems lots of people are travelling on 20th from Bangalore to Kerala.

Hope to see some TBHPians on the way.

Thanks in Advance
Sandeep

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks