Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2010, 18:03   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
See the toll fare in my other post here;

6:30 hrs from Kochi to Krishnagiri??? IMHO, you may want to recheck your plan; I'm not saying its not doable, but feel it should take more time under good driving speeds.

Regarding Krishnagiri-Vellore distance you've the answer from ampere.
I'm doing Bangalore-Kochi frequently for the last 7-8 years. It was about 9 hrs when the highway was not in shape but with recent road conditions and with an off peak hour start, you can do Bangalore(Silkboard)-Kochi/Kochi-Bangalore in 8hrs without risking anyone.
I assumed about 1.30 hrs for Bangalore-Krishnagiri thats how this 6.30hrs came in!!
Old 23rd March 2010, 06:49   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Krishnagiri to Poonamallee (Chennai outskirts) can be comfortably done in about three and fifteen minutes add another hour to reach Mount Road from Poonamallee since you would be doing that stretch during afternoon time.

In the middle of the night I have done A2B (Krishnagiri) to Koyambedu in about 3 hours which was certainly crazy driving in my opinion. But I have done Padi - Krishnagiri umpteen number of times in three and a half hours with a sedate driving of around 90 kmph. So if you plan to reach Krishnagiri around 10.30 you should be able to reach Mount Road around 2:30 / 3:00 PM
Old 23rd March 2010, 08:31   #1158
Senior - BHPian

@coolclouds - sorry that I couldn't get my toll fare to show you some good solid timing, I think I've lost them; Ok, keep aside some time for food breaks too, hope you're travelling with your family, have a safe trip & welcome to Chennai.
Old 23rd March 2010, 10:45   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Both my journeys were along the same route. When returning, i had stayed over at my relative's place in Kumily, and so started the journey from Kumily at 0530 hours, and reached Electronics City phase 2 at 1430 hours. This ofcourse included 2 food breaks, one photography break and and one tea break. I usually stick to the 100-110 kmph mark.
Thanks. That means approximately 12 hours for the trip from Bangalore to Kottayam with a couple of stops of half hour each. Doesn't seem to be different from the regular route through NH47.
Old 23rd March 2010, 20:10   #1160
BHPian

Planning to take this route to Bangalore on 26th early morning,

Kunnamkulam-Edapal-Kuttipuram-Valancherry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-
Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Maddur-Bidadi-Bangalore

Any input guys?? any suggestions? any other route other than CBE-Salem route?

Just trying to avoid CBE-Salem-Krishnagiri route and find a new route to Bangalore, all suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by srikant : 23rd March 2010 at 20:25.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:31   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post

Kunnamkulam-Edapal-Kuttipuram-Valancherry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-
Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Maddur-Bidadi-Bangalore

Just trying to avoid CBE-Salem-Krishnagiri route and find a new route to Bangalore, all suggestions are welcome.
Try Kunnamkulam-pattambi-Perinthalmanna that will be shorter than edapal-valanchery.
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:45   #1162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I guess the shorter option is Kunnankulam - Pattambi-Perinthalmanna-Melatoor-Nilambur......

Any reason why not this route? I did it once. Not sure if you are talking about the same route?
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:29   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kunnamkulam-Edapal-Kuttipuram-Valancherry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-Vazhikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Maddur-Bidadi-Bangalore

Route via Edappal would be circuitous when compared to Pattambi-Perinthalmanna.

Another alternate route is via CBE-Sathyamangalam. See HVK Sir's post here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
That means approximately 12 hours for the trip from Bangalore to Kottayam with a couple of stops of half hour each. Doesn't seem to be different from the regular route through NH47.
If start is in early morning from Bangalore, Dindigul can be reached in 5 hours at speeds of 100-110 KMPH.

I had started from BLR at 4AM and reached MDU bypass in 5:30 hours of driving time.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:05   #1164
Team-BHP Support

Here look at the BLR Guruvayur route thread. Pretty much the same conclusions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-required.html

My updates are captured as well. Went through this stretch in Dec 09.
Old 24th March 2010, 11:40   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.1979 View Post
Try Kunnamkulam-pattambi-Perinthalmanna that will be shorter than edapal-valanchery.
Any info on the road condition this way??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I guess the shorter option is Kunnankulam - Pattambi-Perinthalmanna-Melatoor-Nilambur......

Any reason why not this route? I did it once. Not sure if you are talking about the same route?
I have never done any of these routes . . got this info from a friend. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Route via Edappal would be circuitous when compared to Pattambi-Perinthalmanna.

Another alternate route is via CBE-Sathyamangalam. See HVK Sir's post here.

If start is in early morning from Bangalore, Dindigul can be reached in 5 hours at speeds of 100-110 KMPH.

I had started from BLR at 4AM and reached MDU bypass in 5:30 hours of driving time.
I am planning to leave at 4am from Kunnamkulam . . how are the road conditions via satyamangalam? and how is the route . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Here look at the BLR Guruvayur route thread. Pretty much the same conclusions.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...-required.html

My updates are captured as well. Went through this stretch in Dec 09.
will check that now . .
Old 24th March 2010, 11:48   #1166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yet another option is Perinthalmanna-Manjeri-Areekode-Thamarassery-Sultan Bathery-Muthanga-Gundlupet-Mysore-BLR.

Definitely is not the shortest route though.

Manjeri till Areekode is decent roads. I had taken this route earlier till Kozhikode. I am not very sure of Areekode-Thamarassery though.

Muthanga check post timings are 5:30 AM to 9PM.

Last edited by sbraj : 24th March 2010 at 11:49.
Old 25th March 2010, 09:37   #1167
BHPian

Does anyone know the current condition of the road from bandipur till Nilambur ?. The last I heard was about the repair work happening
Old 25th March 2010, 10:04   #1168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujai View Post
Does anyone know the current condition of the road from bandipur till Nilambur ?. The last I heard was about the repair work happening
I went through it 3 months back. It was very nice but for a small at the Nadugani Ghat section between Gudalur and Nilambur. Apart from that it was beauty with twisty roads and quite comfortable to drive.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:38   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Yet another option is Perinthalmanna-Manjeri-Areekode-Thamarassery-Sultan Bathery-Muthanga-Gundlupet-Mysore-BLR.

Definitely is not the shortest route though.

Manjeri till Areekode is decent roads. I had taken this route earlier till Kozhikode. I am not very sure of Areekode-Thamarassery though.

Muthanga check post timings are 5:30 AM to 9PM.
Thanks, but i have already tried that route . . want a change . . atlast decided the route to

Kechery-KunnamKulam-Pattambi-Cherplaserry-Perinthalmanna-Pattikkad-Pandikkad-Wandoor-Nilambur-Vazikadavu-Gudalur-Bandipur-Gundlupet-Nanjangud-Mysore-Srirangapattana-Mandya-Ramanagara-Bidadi-Bangalore

will update on the road condition once i am back by 5th April .

thanks for the input guys. .
Old 25th March 2010, 13:14   #1170
BHPian

Daytime travel through any of these routes will have lots of Autos/2wheeler traffic and congested small towns. Better during early morning / night

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks