Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2011, 11:39   #2161
Senior - BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Ok my update was earlier to this. Thanks
Guys, Below is the route suggested by my friend who travelled recenly and one side distance is ~350KMs. Your valuable comments please.

Bangalore -> Srirangapatna -> KRS Circle (U Turn then left) -> Hunsur (Right and enter Madikeri road)->(left after about 25KM) Veerajpeta road -> Gonikuppal (Take left about 10KM before Veerajpet) -> Makuttam -> Iritty -> Mattannoor -> Mahe -> Vadakara

Time is very limited since I would start only on Saturday morning planning to reach vadakara around lunch. After some rest, visit a near by beach. attend the wedding on Sunday and start post lunch targetting to reach Bangalore by 9PM.
Old 10th February 2011, 16:38   #2162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Guys, Below is the route suggested by my friend who travelled recenly and one side distance is ~350KMs. Your valuable comments please.

Bangalore -> Srirangapatna -> KRS Circle (U Turn then left) -> Hunsur (Right and enter Madikeri road)->(left after about 25KM) Veerajpeta road -> Gonikuppal (Take left about 10KM before Veerajpet) -> Makuttam -> Iritty -> Mattannoor -> Mahe -> Vadakara

Time is very limited since I would start only on Saturday morning planning to reach vadakara around lunch. After some rest, visit a near by beach. attend the wedding on Sunday and start post lunch targetting to reach Bangalore by 9PM.
I've not driven this route, but this is what my cousin who is a regular on this route has to say

Quote:
This is the shortest one, but the road is not the best through the forest. I would rather take Blore-Mysore-gundalpet-Bathery-kalpetta-tamarassery-balusserry-koilandy-vadakara.
Old 14th February 2011, 09:45   #2163
BHPian

Quote:
I've not driven this route, but this is what my cousin who is a regular on this route has to say
I second this. This is the best route to Vadakara.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:35   #2164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarinkumar View Post
I second this. This is the best route to Vadakara.
Guys, thanks. But I had to cancel the trip in last minute due to some urgent official travel.
Old 14th February 2011, 18:25   #2165
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Folks,
What would be the approximate travel time to Calicut from Bangalore? I am planning to take the Mysore - Gundlupet - Sulthan Bathery route. What time should i leave Bangalore to reach Calicut by 11-11:30?

Any good suggestions for breakfast with clean toilets?
Old 15th February 2011, 11:52   #2166
BHPian

6-7 hrs of travel to calicut from bangalore. there are many places between bangalore and mysore for breakfast. after mysore there is a coffee day at gundulpet.
Old 15th February 2011, 15:24   #2167
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

thanks AD. I am planning to start at 4:30 and try the CCD gundlupet for breakfast.
Old 15th February 2011, 20:02   #2168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
thanks AD. I am planning to start at 4:30 and try the CCD gundlupet for breakfast.
Thats perfectly possible and also a good idea. Beats the BLR-MYS "hotel road" and also one covers about 200 odd Km before a well deserved break.

Else a break on the MYS road means, 1 hour gone, before even one would have done 50-100 km.
Old 17th February 2011, 11:37   #2169
Team-BHP Support

1. Does turn to Palladam from Avanashi come before the 4L work?
2. If not, is it worth taking the Vijayamangalam-Tiruppur-Palladam route?
Any road status update on this stretch?
Old 21st February 2011, 12:17   #2170
BHPian

Did Bangalore-Cochin on Friday early morning and returned on Sunday morning.

Thrissur - Palakkad stretch is still bumpy with some interspersed potholes.

Avinashi stretch is manageable with the diversions but it is very dusty.

OT - What can be done about the morons on 2/4 wheelers who comes on the wrong lane on the NH-47/7 in TN? It is really scary when they hurtle at you at speeds with impunity

I consciously try to stick to the center of the road without hampering the traffic behind me.
Old 25th February 2011, 17:55   #2171
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on road condition between Angamaly and Coorg, specifically Thalaserry to Coorg. Any other better alternatives to this route? Planning to do this trip in March 2nd week.
Old 25th February 2011, 19:04   #2172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn View Post
Any updates on road condition between Angamaly and Coorg, specifically Thalaserry to Coorg. Any other better alternatives to this route? Planning to do this trip in March 2nd week.
If you are saying Thalaserry then I guess for the Iritty-Mattanur- Gonikoppa/Virajpet section, updates should be available in Bangalore-Kannur thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...fo-needed.html
Old 28th February 2011, 13:05   #2173
Senior - BHPian

I am really saddened to witness the deterioarting traffic congestion in and around my dearest home town Thrissur which was a calm, serene place few years back. I used to be a regular traveller on the Kunnamkulam Thrissur stretch. During my last few visits i was shocked to see the extent of traffic jams on this stretch of 23Km. I was stuck in a Jam of may be more than 1Km in Kechery which has turned in to major bottle neck. Another 500m on Poonkunnam Patturaikkal stretch. Mind you all these happened not at peak time.I think this is normal in all parts of the city. I was caught up in another massive jam on Kokkalai-Kuruppam road stretch.Situation was not different in East Fort, Manorama Junction etc etc. I am finding the situation some times worse than even Bangalore.Is the situation same in other Kerala cities? I know Kochi is bad but not visited the city for long. I visited Thiruvananthapuram recently and found it much better.

Last edited by poloman : 28th February 2011 at 13:08.
Old 28th February 2011, 14:26   #2174
Team-BHP Support

You mean the overbridge at Patturaikkal junction (adjacent to station) is jammed? That seemed to be a quite place!

I guess its because of the 4L, all kinds of permutations and combinations are being tried. And Trichur finds itself into vortex of this problem. Esp. because of the fact that NH47 beyond Trichur is almost 4-laned, every one tries some alternative or the other route to Trichur and then latch on to NH47 which near 4L beyond.

Add to it the rush for Guruvayur (Either through Trichur, or via By-Pass)
Old 4th March 2011, 09:48   #2175
Senior - BHPian

My sis and family is returning to Kochi from Kodai through Palani this w/e, they had gone through Munnar - Udumalpet - Palani - Kodai and is considering returning through Pollachi - Kollengode - Nenmara (don't want to consider ghat route since they will be late to start after darshan in Palani). Any update on the road condition through Kollengode and a comparison of taking Pollachi - Kanjikode - Palakkad route will be helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks