Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 15:58   #2371
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vythiri to Madikeri

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Guys - a gentle reminder. Any inputs on my query?
I have driven from Bangalore to Vythiri, Calicut and Madikeri on different trips, but never did Kalpetta-Madikeri.

If you don't see reponses here why don't you try sending PM to Ampere/HVK/AddyHemmige/Ranjitp - I'm sure one of these folks would be able to help you since I've seen many posts from these folks on Karnataka, Kerala routes.

Last edited by NPV : 10th June 2011 at 16:02. Reason: Added one more TBHPian who may be able to help
Old 17th June 2011, 10:36   #2372
Senior - BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Came to know from news that Alwaye flyover opened for traffic. So, only Chalakkudy flyover is pending now between Trichur-Kochi route?

Last edited by coolclouds : 17th June 2011 at 10:55.
Old 17th June 2011, 10:49   #2373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Came to know from news that Alwaye flyover opened for traffic. So, only Chalakkudy flyover is pending now between Trichur-Kochi route.
Chalakkudy flyover is open now. Took the route few days back.

Update:

Thrissur - Palghat route is now filled with potholes due to the recent monsoon. My dad took this route to blore two days back.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:04   #2374
Senior - BHPian

Chalakkudy flyover was open in April.Pattikad to Vaniyampara on NH47 has become a nightmare,the best route from Palakkad would be to come via Ottapalam-Shoranur-Wadakancheri-Thrissur-NH47.Road is excellent and really wide,the stretch can easily be covered in 1.5hours with stress free driving.
Old 17th June 2011, 11:26   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Chalakkudy flyover is open now. Took the route few days back.

Update:

Thrissur - Palghat route is now filled with potholes due to the recent monsoon. My dad took this route to blore two days back.
Not sure about Alwaye flyover. I am taking this route today evening and will confirm. All other flyovers between Alwaye and Thrissur are now open. Toll booth may also open any time soon
Old 17th June 2011, 11:40   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Toll booth may also open any time soon
True,the toll booth at Thrissur side looks very impressive made along the lines of the Vadakkumnathan temple I guess,but it remains to be seen how many more protests the place will see once the toll collection begins.I am sure NHAI have had a taste of things to come with the recent protests on the toll on the Aroor-Edappally stretch of NH47!
Old 17th June 2011, 12:12   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Came to know from news that Alwaye flyover opened for traffic. So, only Chalakkudy flyover is pending now between Trichur-Kochi route?
Aluva is not yet open. I had traveled through this route on Wednesday.. they are still tarring the section. A newspaper had reported that the surface of the readied lane got damaged in rain. People were out protesting even before the bridge was opened!

By the way, what purpose does this flyover serve? The flyover lands straight at the signal - so you speed through the flyover, only to stop at the traffic signal! Plus, buses would come in from the left, and turn right at the signal - a safety hazard!
Old 17th June 2011, 12:19   #2378
BHPian

Coimbatore-Avinsahi NH47 (last weekend status):
On my return journey(Sunday) I covered this route around 10:30PM, and it was stress free and roads were good. Only thing to look out is that, the new tarring ends without any signmark; need to be careful with low ground clearance vehicles. I had too sudden brake at few occasions.

Had a pleasant travel via Kangeyam route during onward journey too. (fearing Friday traffic in NH47 stretch).

Last edited by Twiny : 17th June 2011 at 12:20.
Old 17th June 2011, 12:58   #2379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Aluva is not yet open. I had traveled through this route on Wednesday.. they are still tarring the section. A newspaper had reported that the surface of the readied lane got damaged in rain. People were out protesting even before the bridge was opened!

By the way, what purpose does this flyover serve? The flyover lands straight at the signal - so you speed through the flyover, only to stop at the traffic signal! Plus, buses would come in from the left, and turn right at the signal - a safety hazard!
True. This doesn't serve any purpose. They came up with this to bypass the market but this place aint crowded. Why dont they come up with places where it's crowded like Edappally. Palarivattom, Vytilla and Kundanoor. Dont know what Edappally will be like when Lulu is open
Old 17th June 2011, 13:37   #2380
BHPian

Lulu Open - Roads are good, you wont feel the difference. Try avoiding driving into/out of EKM/Cochi between 8:00am to 9:30pm.
Old 17th June 2011, 13:43   #2381
Senior - BHPian

I hope they have some plans for Vyttila. Palarivattom (Pipeline Jn) also a mess these days due to high traffic to Infopark/Kakkanad area.
Old 17th June 2011, 13:59   #2382
Distinguished - BHPian

Plans been in paper for years now. Many private organizations have submitted project details and estimates but it's still not implemented. Many politicians have said this would become a reality soon but no luck. It's a nightmare for people using Vytilla - Edappally stretch or anywhere in Cochin!
Old 18th June 2011, 11:58   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure about Alwaye flyover.
The flyover at Aluva is partially (one side) open now. It is a useless flyover as we land up directly at a signal
Old 20th June 2011, 09:56   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:

Chalakkudy flyover open
Aluva - One side open
Thrissur Toll - Not open
Thrissur - Palghat roads in a pretty bad state.
Old 20th June 2011, 18:20   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The flyover at Aluva is partially (one side) open now. It is a useless flyover as we land up directly at a signal
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Aluva - One side open
Are you guys sure of this? I traveled through that section again today - The Flyover (both lanes) were closed. I traveled from Edappally to Aluva, and noticed that the bridge was closed.

Once open, that flyover is sure to increase the traffic mess - I guarantee! Its sure to become an accident spot, since buses would take a rash turn at the signal, and cars coming down the flyover might end up under the bus.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks