Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:04   #3571
Senior - BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Will try the 2nd option tomorrow.
Whichever route you take, it'd be nice if you could post an update about the road conditions. I'll be travelling from Guruvayur to Bangalore on Sunday afternoon / evening and am planning to take NH209. Right now I'm more inclined to try out the Karumathampatti-Annur route once more since I saw many reports here which indicate that 4 laning work on the Avinashi-Coimbatore sector has progressed quite a bit now.
Old 3rd April 2012, 18:18   #3572
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
Will try the 2nd option tomorrow.
The Coimbatore airport route from Kurumbapalayam is smooth tarmac which is relatively traffic-free except for 1/2 sharp turns and a few speed-breakers a few km before joining NH47
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:27   #3573
BHPian

Since the road to Pollachi from vadakkanchery seems to be closed, whats the alternative to go to Parambikulam from Thrissur?
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:42   #3574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr View Post
Also, last week when I was returning to Bangalore, I think I missed a turn at Salem. I remember going on a flyover when I reached Salem, then reaching a big circle and then I had to take a u-turn there to Bangalore. Is there another way to get to Hosur road?
You need to turn left on the flyover - about half way into the flyover. If you keep going straight, one would land on the highway towards Madurai/Attur. Be cautious as you enter the flyover - the turn is marked, but one wouldn't see the markings in advance :(
Old 3rd April 2012, 19:49   #3575
BHPian

Hi guys,
I am planning to do Kochi-Wyanad-Kochi this weekend and Kochi-Salem-Kochi next weekend. How is the road & route to both these places? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd April 2012, 20:13   #3576
BHPian

Hello all,

Planning to do Kochi Coimbatore tomorrow i.e 04 Apr 12 in my Alto. Starting at about 1530 hrs. Is the only way to go via Walayar ? How is that route?

Any other way to go..? Or is this the best route..?

Needles to say, would update the road conditions once I make it to Coimbatore.

Thanks in advance.
Old 3rd April 2012, 23:56   #3577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Whichever route you take, it'd be nice if you could post an update about the road conditions. I'll be travelling from Guruvayur to Bangalore on Sunday afternoon / evening and am planning to take NH209. Right now I'm more inclined to try out the Karumathampatti-Annur route once more since I saw many reports here which indicate that 4 laning work on the Avinashi-Coimbatore sector has progressed quite a bit now.
Since we have an update about the Coimbatore Airport below I will try the Annur route and update tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The Coimbatore airport route from Kurumbapalayam is smooth tarmac which is relatively traffic-free except for 1/2 sharp turns and a few speed-breakers a few km before joining NH47
Thank You ramzys. Will check out the Annur route this time.
Old 4th April 2012, 00:07   #3578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
Since the road to Pollachi from vadakkanchery seems to be closed, whats the alternative to go to Parambikulam from Thrissur?
Going to Parambikulam/Top Slip from Kerala side is not an issue at all. The disruption is at Pollachi town only.

Also, it's been a month i guess, so the road will be back to normal soon.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:11   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi guys,
I am planning to do Kochi-Wyanad-Kochi this weekend and Kochi-Salem-Kochi next weekend. How is the road & route to both these places? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
I have not driven further than Thrissur recently from Waynad, but the roads from Waynad, till Thrissur is really good (Am not talking about NH17). Where exactly in Waynad is your destination?
Old 4th April 2012, 15:12   #3580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I have not driven further than Thrissur recently from Waynad, but the roads from Waynad, till Thrissur is really good (Am not talking about NH17). Where exactly in Waynad is your destination?
I shall be going to Sulthan Bathery . Which route did you take? I shall be going via ramanattukkara- kunmangalam-vythiri.
Old 4th April 2012, 15:20   #3581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
I shall be going to Sulthan Bathery . Which route did you take? I shall be going via ramanattukkara- kunmangalam-vythiri.
The roads are in good condition, except for a small patch between Kalpetta and Bathery. There, the road surface is not perfect, that's all, no big potholes or that sort. You can take the bypass from Ramanattukara and exit to Waynad road at Malaparamb.
A350XWB is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2012, 16:57   #3582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Nothing much has changed between Chengappalli and L&T Bye-pass start as on last week. The 4-lane sections including fly-overs and Avinashi bye-pass was closed for traffic.
Old 4th April 2012, 17:32   #3583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Nothing much has changed between Chengappalli and L&T Bye-pass start as on last week. The 4-lane sections including fly-overs and Avinashi bye-pass was closed for traffic.
Closed in the sense is the traffic diverted through another route or is it that they are diverting traffic through same road but another (wrong) lane?

How long will it take to cross this section. Iam not much familiar with this route since I have travelled only in bus couple of times through there. Planning to drive from Guruvayur to Bangalore on Sunday like Kala. Will be starting from Guruvayur around 9AM with a break in Palakkad to meet a relative (~1 hr). So hope I will be crossing Coimbatore around afternoon.
Old 5th April 2012, 10:24   #3584
BHPian

[quote=mpksuhas;2736105 How long will it take to cross this section. Iam not much familiar with this route since I have travelled only in bus couple of times through there. Planning to drive from Guruvayur to Bangalore on Sunday like Kala. Will be starting from Guruvayur around 9AM with a break in Palakkad to meet a relative (~1 hr). So hope I will be crossing Coimbatore around afternoon.[/QUOTE]

On a Sunday afternoon the distance between Coimbatore (L & T Bye Pass) to Avanashi can be fairly easily done in about one hour (60 odd kms), as the traffic density is low.

I remember doing this stretch two weekends ago, exit L&T Bye Pass at 1445 and reached Chengapalli (where the completed four lane road stretch starts) at 1545 hours. Did a fairly sedate speed as there was minimal traffic.
pariwar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2012, 10:32   #3585
BHPian

Leaving bangalore at 1pm today to Kochi... if anyone sees a white verna with a 'Got Bhp' sticker on the back bumper... please honk ;-)

expecting to meet many bhpians on the way..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks