Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 17:40   #4231
Senior - BHPian

re: All Roads to Kerala

Can anyone suggest the best route from Bangalore to Attappadi and road condition? I am planing to travel by November first/second week.
Old 17th October 2012, 17:51   #4232
BHPian

alappey to kayamkulam is still in bad condition. Some minor pathetic patch work is done. NH is the worst road in Kerala now. sad........
Old 18th October 2012, 11:52   #4233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Can anyone suggest the best route from Bangalore to Attappadi and road condition? I am planing to travel by November first/second week.
Hi, I believe Selam-Dindigal-Theni route is easier to reach Attappadi ? I am planning to take Theni route to go to Thiruvalla next week, will update once am back in Bangalore.
Old 18th October 2012, 11:54   #4234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess this route was discussed last year from Kochi to Attapadi?

From Coimbatore take the Anaikatty road via Mankarai.Scenic road with plenty of twists and turns.IIRC the Mankarai forest CP has timings(9Pm to 6am?).No updates post monsoon,but usually the road does not break up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joommen View Post
Hi, I believe Selam-Dindigal-Theni route is easier to reach Attappadi ? I am planning to take Theni route to go to Thiruvalla next week, will update once am back in Bangalore.
Attapadi falls under the Silent Valley Project near Agali bordering Palakkad and Malappuram districts,so no way is this close to south Kerala,which rules out the Dindigul route.

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Att...erala&t=m&z=10

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 18th October 2012 at 12:00.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 12:59   #4235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I guess this route was discussed last year from Kochi to Attapadi?

From Coimbatore take the Anaikatty road via Mankarai.Scenic road with plenty of twists and turns.IIRC the Mankarai forest CP has timings(9Pm to 6am?).No updates post monsoon,but usually the road does not break up.
Thanks for the update. Initially we were planning to travel via Palakkad-Mannarkad but it showed closer to Coimbatore as per google maps. I am driving down from Bangalore, mostly via Kanakpura-Satyamangalam route.
Old 18th October 2012, 13:02   #4236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the update. Initially we were planning to travel via Palakkad-Mannarkad but it showed closer to Coimbatore as per google maps. I am driving down from Bangalore, mostly via Kanakpura-Satyamangalam route.
Easy to get onto the road from Coimbatore.Travel on Avinashi road and then ask anybody for Pudur Anaikatti road.Mallumowgli might be able to help with more details as he is in CBE.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 13:48   #4237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Best option : Mysore-Gudalur-Kotagiri-Mettupalayam-Karamadai-Right turn to Pannimadai road, around 200m before Tudiyalur-Anaikkatti-Agali-Attappadi

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=gu...ra=ls&t=m&z=11

Second option : If you insist on Dimbum Ghats, then take a right turn at Bannari, instead of proceeding straight to Satyamangalam

Route : Bannari - Bavani Sagar-Sirumugai-turn left at Alangodu-Karamadai-and proceed as indicated above

The above road is also good, but a bit isolated between Bannari and Bavani Sagar (I travelled this route around 4 years back, so things might have changed)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Na...ra=ls&t=m&z=13

Last edited by mallumowgli : 18th October 2012 at 13:49.
mallumowgli is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 17:45   #4238
BHPian

Does this mean that there are some serious patches in Chengannur-Thiruvalla-Changanassery route? Thanks in advance for the help.

Last edited by joommen : 18th October 2012 at 17:47. Reason: changes needed to followup discussion forum
Old 18th October 2012, 18:45   #4239
BHPian

Quote:
Does this mean that there are some serious patches in Chengannur-Thiruvalla-Changanassery route? Thanks in advance for the help.
No major ones, just that the road is not very smooth. And 'seriousness' depends on what you compare that to, nothing of the size that you will find between Thrissur and Palakkad on the NH47
Old 18th October 2012, 20:58   #4240
BHPian

Hi All,

Hitting home stretch on Sat. I would like to know the condition of road

Dindigul> Theni> Kumbum> Kumali> Mundakkayam

Also I hear there is an alternate route that joins theni-Kambum route from NH7? Any ideas?
Old 18th October 2012, 21:47   #4241
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Second option : If you insist on Dimbum Ghats, then take a right turn at Bannari, instead of proceeding straight to Satyamangalam

Route : Bannari - Bavani Sagar-Sirumugai-turn left at Alangodu-Karamadai-and proceed as indicated above
The option via Bannari is always better. No point going via Ooty/Kotagiri.
But need to be vary of traffic on Dimbham.

One can also drive all the the way till Annur and then turn to Karamadai.
But I think the SH from via Sirumugai has much less traffic.

Plus it also gives you a chance to visit Bhavani Sagar dam !
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 15:21   #4242
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore -Vaikom via Nilambur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Since a crucial verdict on Cauvery water sharing is expected on 19th, I would suggest you keep the option of taking Kanakapura-Chamrajnagar-Gundlupet route open.
Any update on this? I could not find any news on this.
Old 19th October 2012, 15:29   #4243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Not sure about this. But today morning read somewhere that farmers are protesting near Mandya today for sugar cane prices.

Edit: Here is the news

"Protests back on Mysore Road

TIMES NEWS NETWORK

Mandya: Sugarcane farmers of the Mandya belt will on Friday launch an agitation against the government to get a better price for their crop.
They will lay siege to the official residence of chief minister Jagadish Shettar in Bangalore and disrupt Dasara celebrations in Mysore.
The protest comes on the heels of the month-long Cauvery row.This time,the farmers have targeted the ongoing Dasara festivities in Mysore.They have warned the government that they will disrupt the festivities by stopping vehicular traffic on the Mysore-Bangalore highway.
Starting Friday,the farmers will station their bullock carts and livestock on the highway."

Last edited by coolclouds : 19th October 2012 at 15:37.
coolclouds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 16:03   #4244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Could not find any update on this even on live news channels! probably the hearing was postponed to another date?
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2012, 19:06   #4245
BHPian

Kayamkulam Alleppey Road Condition

I am traveling from Trivandrum to Shoranur tonight with my wife and baby. planning to go via Kollam Alleppey. Can anyone give a quick reply about the road condition of Kayamkulam - Alleppey stretch.

Thanks in advance.
Noble.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks